I just read an article, and wanted to know your thoughts on it.

Virgin Boy Eggs: Eggs Soaked In Children?s Urine Still Local Chinese Delicacy

wrote: Every culture has its own unique cuisine, and the rituals to make local delicacies that are thousands of years old are still passed on through families and via street vendors today. Dongyang, in the Zhejiang province of China, however, may have one of the most unique foods that has carried over to modern times: virgin boy eggs, hard-boiled eggs soaked and boiled in the urine of boys under the age of ten.

In this small coastal town, the eggs are considered a delicacy, and urine for making them at home and for street vendors to use is collected through buckets left outside the boys? bathrooms in Dongyang primary schools. Vendors who sell the eggs, like 51-year-old Ge Yaohua, claim the ?fragrant? eggs have miraculous healing properties, promoting better circulation, increasing stamina and preventing heat stroke.?

?They are good for your health,? Ge told Reuters. ?Our family has them for every meal. In Dongyang, every family likes eating them.?

Many Dongyang residents, both young and old, believe these stories, and are happy to carry on a tradition passed down for many generations.

Read more here.

Ok, so what are your thoughts? Is this something you would try? I wouldn't be able to get over my squeamishness.

Hold on while I puke.
To be honest, all that came to my mind was ewwwww :/ Just thinking about it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
oh wow well that's interesting... I probably wouldn't try it, but I'd be totally fascinated to watch someone eat it...does that make sense? o.O
I wonder if Ian Wright has tasted them lol
I wonder if Andrew Zimmern has tried them.
Never tried it I can understand the reactions but considefing the amount of fecal matter that goes into the soil in which we plant vegetables its more of a case of selectively deciding to remain oblivious by what we put into ourselves- which you might argue isn't much different from this Would I try it? I dont really like eggs. I doubt the medicinal qualities of the final product. It's just egg plus boiled urine. And not sure about the taste of it. Would I try it? Well if I was there and if my guide insisted it was a delicacy and must try. Why not. Always interesting to try New stuff.
Ewwww. OMG NOOOOOOOOOO
bannie wrote: Never tried it

I can understand the reactions but considefing the amount of fecal matter that goes into the soil in which we plant vegetables its more of a case of selectively deciding to remain oblivious by what we put into ourselves- which you might argue isn't much different from this

Would I try it?

I dont really like eggs.
I doubt the medicinal qualities of the final product. It's just egg plus boiled urine.
And not sure about the taste of it.

Would I try it?
Well if I was there and if my guide insisted it was a delicacy and must try. Why not.
Always interesting to try New stuff.

Ignorance IS bliss.
Of all the body fluids I deal with urine and one other top my list of things I dislike. I would never eat something that has been in urine.
That's SO unhygienic... ugh....
VioletSakura wrote: That's SO unhygienic... ugh....

Well urine IS sterile :D
Skye-N-Rain wrote: Well urine IS sterile :D

Ideally urine is sterile. :p It comes into contact with all that skin flora and other things when expelled.
Whether it's sterile or not I still find it nasty - I would never be able to attempt eating anything covered with it, haha
Crazy4You wrote: Whether it's sterile or not I still find it nasty - I would never be able to attempt eating anything covered with it, haha

Exactly!!!!