Go-To-The-Extreme wrote: haha its on my LJ page X)

I love to read stories from other people so when you don´t mind....;)
I usually watch drama or listen some music. Sometimes I read schoolbooks
I've two very good methods: 1.) Listen to an audiobook, preferably something in British English and concentrate on just listening - works like hell, 5 minutes and I am done. (For the best result I recommend Hercule Poirot) 2.) Lie down and watch a fortune-teller-tv-channel - there is nothing, nothing better than that - it beats the strongest sleeping pill. :P Well, I guess by now everybody's already asleep or has slept, but oh well, I wanted to share my awesome methods. :D
Oonu wrote: I usually watch drama or listen some music. Sometimes I read schoolbooks

Really admireable ;)I should read schoolbooks more too,but I never do it even though I really wanted to it ;)
A Drama ist so much more fun ^^
[QUOTE=Nikki;117593]I've two very good methods:

1.) Listen to an audiobook, preferably something in British English and
concentrate on just listening - works like hell, 5 minutes and I am done.
(For the best result I recommend Hercule Poirot)

I have tried this method too;) And it works really good to me ^^ But I began to hear it because I wanted to gain experiences in the right pronunciation in english .In the end....I only slept through it *,*
Don't take my advise on sleeping, if you do, you will never fall asleep!!! ^u^ Hahaha,
Mirichan wrote:

I have tried this method too;) And it works really good to me ^^ But I began to hear it because I wanted to gain experiences in the right pronunciation in english .In the end....I only slept through it *,*

Same here. :D
I thought I needed to polish my pronounciation a bit, but I never made it past the second chapter -
and I've listened to the same audiobook a dozen times.
Actually it works with most foreign languages, except Spanish, which is way too fast - but British English
has a very soothing vibe to it. ;)
Nikki wrote: I've two very good methods:

1.) Listen to an audiobook, preferably something in British English and
concentrate on just listening - works like hell, 5 minutes and I am done.
(For the best result I recommend Hercule Poirot)

2.) Lie down and watch a fortune-teller-tv-channel - there is nothing,
nothing better than that - it beats the strongest sleeping pill. :P

Well, I guess by now everybody's already asleep or has slept, but oh well,
I wanted to share my awesome methods. :D

I wish we had your kind of fortune-teller-tv-channel because ours is so annoying you just can't fall asleep.
it should be boring and not annoying =[
I'm an insomniac, so I always have trouble sleeping. I just don't bother trying to go to bed until around 2 AM so that I will be utterly exhausted. But even then it can still take a long time to get to sleep.
i have messed up my sleeping schedule and couldn't get to sleep before 6am for the last 6-7 days. i realized that if i stayed up for the rest of that night and drank a lot of caffeine and sugar and was very active for that one day then i could pass out for the next night.
I don't like to sleep, I think it is a waste of time, so I spend my nights mostly reading and sometimes I stay up watching a drama or a movie, or chatting on the IRC and posting here
Sleepninja wrote: I'm an insomniac, so I always have trouble sleeping. I just don't bother trying to go to bed until around 2 AM so that I will be utterly exhausted. But even then it can still take a long time to get to sleep.

Same here;= I always exhaust me to the extreme and when I finally fall asleep then mostly of the time I can´t get up the next morning(or should I say the same morning?);)
When I have trouble sleeping...I just don;t sleep. I often have trouble falling asleep when I need to be somewhere very early in the morning-0 I am panicking I won't get up. So I sit down and do siomething, like reading, imagining that ok worst case scenario I am going to be a little walking zombie the next day and everyone's going to run away from me lol Somehow...I manage to fall asleep then. XD Scenario II : I have lots of work/ writing to do and it won't let me go to sleep. So an hour or two before I tyurn on a drama and it usually help me relax before I go to sleep.. (unless I stay on to watch a couple of episodes one after another....because the drama pulls me in so... but after a couple of episodes I am at least sure to fall asleep because my mind goes really relaxed after that. Also I am sure not to fall asleep if I drink green tea at night, so I try to drink only water past 8.pm.
Well, lately to beat my insomnia I've been taking Unisom, which seems to do the trick! xD But before I would do lots of reading or watching dramas to pass the time. I think that may be one of the reasons why I've seen as many dramas as I have while still working and going to school full-time for the last decade. Waah. It's been good times. And when my eyes can't take being open any longer but the mind won't sleep, I can easily listen to music for hours while I let my mind roam.