Nomi:

° Beautiful gong Shim (so good at the beginning, so boring after 10 ep)    °Secret Garden (for me 16 episodes were enough, 20 unnecessary)

° Suspicious partner  (no comment, total delusion)   °Man x man (I just could not stand HER even Park hae Jin was great)

°Pinocchio (I dropped at the last few ep)

oh man, I'm watching "gong shim" and enjoying it quite a bit. I am on episode 11, but everyone here is saying that the show goes down hill :/ It's too bad, it seems like it might have been better if it were only 16 episodes. 

totoro:

Mad Dog (great start, but became very slow and boring. dropped)

While You Were Sleeping (stellar cast and first couple episodes, but the plot basically repeats itself over and over again. dropped)

Doctor Stranger

Doctors (great start, but dragged a lot after the first couple episodes)

I agree with you about While you were sleeping. The lead couple was great, there were many good moments, but it didn't quite pop the way it could have. SPOILER, you are right, it felt like they repeat the plot thread of someone having a dream, then having to stop the criminal based on the dream, and then get in him court. I find that courtroom k dramas tend to be episodic like this. I thought it was a good show, but after the first couple episodes I thought it was going to be something really great. 

Many actually started well but it seems like the drama could have been better if it was focused on certain events basically better if it was shorter and some other you wish they give it more time instead of finishing everything in the last 2 episodes and I really hate it when they try to fill the space with things such as music video clips  and I hate scenes with no dialogue sometimes it’s required for the mood but when it’s extended it’s just a filler I generally hate flashbacks the long ones flash backs should be very short if we already seen them before not that long time ago it’s probably production\editing error giving everything the right timing is important. Still,  I think a great potential drama and a bad one don’t mix 

If you like it more than you hate it that is 

But I will name one  (again it is not BAD it just could have been better)

Jdrama: Kagi no Kakatta Heya

We have a genius lock breaker working with police in the most boring  causes ever

the story could have been better with such a great talented individual 

Ruler: master of masks. My godd, it has been months since i finished it but im still not over it. It was so good in the beginning but from maybe 10-15/40 ep or s.th. I hate both the male amd female leads. Instead loving the second female lead /sort of a villian and prefer the villians over the leads. What makes it worse was that i actually like the actor/actress who played the lead but the writing of their characters are just so ithfdjdjdjf.

Man to Man -  I had hoped they would change her hair style and make it more believable that the lead male would ever fall for her...but they never did.  Lost opportunity to keep more viewers.   I kept watching and shouldn't have.  I was relieved when it was over.  

Reply 1988 -  I add this here hesitantly....I just didn't like the ending so that last ep or 2 pissed me off...not sure that it deserves to be described as one that didn't live up to its potential.

Bride of Habaek - for those of us who didn't read the manga, i couldn't understand half of what was going on in the beginning.  It seemed ok in the middle and then went downhill fast when somehow they had more of a relationship develop overnight than what we saw...and she cried thru the last 1/3 of the eps.   I think its potential only was there when the signed the cast and it didn't live up to it potential immediately after that.

Temperature of Love -  I am so pissed at this show and the female lead that I don't even want to watch anymore.  I think theres only a week left so I will watch to finish it off but this show got stuck in a rut and muddled by her projecting her need on him to be more a part of his life.  She wanted to move in with him and he didn't think timing was right (and it wasn't) --  she just became a sore loser girlfriend.   I don't think she deserves the 2nd lead either. 

While You were Sleeping -   the relationship between LJS and Suzy didn't work on camera.  She was too assumptive and always cutely smiling and tilting her head.  He demonstrated zero passion.  I wanted her to end with the 2nd lead but of course it wouldn't.     It just fizzled out till the end. 

usablefiber:
oh man, I'm watching "gong shim" and enjoying it quite a bit. I am on episode 11, but everyone here is saying that the show goes down hill :/ It's too bad, it seems like it might have been better if it were only 16 episodes. 

the main reason I felt so disappointed by beautiful gong shim is because it's called beautiful gong shim when in reality her character, journey, and development was made into a side story in favor of ahn dan tae. it really felt more like his drama, and I think they did that for rating purposes ---- idk. it ventured off from the premise, plus typical fluff and filler, which made it boring IMO.

I am going to add a controversial one. 

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. The first half of the show was awesome, but it really slowed to a crawl in the second half, where they seem to abandoned the lead's father/brother and inheriting the company storyline in favor of giving a ton of screen time of the gangsters for pointless comic relief scenes. 

usablefiber:

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. The first half of the show was awesome, but it really slowed to a crawl in the second half, where they seem to abandoned the lead's father/brother and inheriting the company storyline in favor of giving a ton of screen time of the gangsters for pointless comic relief scenes. 

Lol, even though I really liked the drama I admit you have a good point. I also thought the gangsters got too much screentime, like a joke that loses it's charm. At first it was funny, then became repetitive.

The drama that I finished that had good potential but just couldn't pull through to the end with a decent story is Hyde, Jekyll , Me. Maybe if I hadn't watched it after Kill me Heal Me I could have really bought into the portrayal of the two personalities easier. However, in comparing the two male leads I felt Jisung's ability to touch me and express himself in the multiple personalities was pulled off so much better and there was character growth among the personalities. Hyunbin didn't really pull that off for me as well.

Another drama that had a lot of potential and I almost abandoned was Beautiful mind. I know that the production was rushed and that they had to pick a new lead for it a few weeks before the first episode airing, but I felt that while Jang Hyuk was able to embody the role the other cast members, especially the female lead dragged the performance down. His acting was the only thing that saved the show enough for me to finish it.

Typically if a drama had great potential and didn't hold up it's end of the bargain I will drop it rather than put myself through that misery. So here are a few of the dramas I dropped because they just didn't live up to the idea that was sold to me.

• Blood
  • Chicago Typewriter
  • Hotel King
  • Strongest Deliveryman
  • 38 Task Force
  • Bubble Gum
  • City Hunter
  • I order you
  • High Society
  • Madame Antoine
  • Moorim School
  • The Heirs
  • Uncontrollably Fond
  • Tomorrow with You

I know some of these have a huge fan following, some have well known A-list actors in the lead roles. But either the story didn't hold up; the acting was horrible; the plot summary was completely wrong from the beginning; or the editing and production quality was just amateurish. 

As someone who really enjoys and loves watching Asian dramas overall it's hard to give up on a drama that had such great potential because so many good ones out there exist. And the surprising diamond in the rough may well be hidden behind someone's bad acting, or poor script writing. 

usablefiber:

I totally agree.. !!!!

I have to agree with W. Started amazingly, but it really did go downhill from there. I am not sure I would say it turned out bad, but it was so-so after that. 

Angel Eyes was the biggest disappointment for me. Loved the first 3 episodes, hated everything after that.

Uncontrollably Fond - liked the first couple of episodes, but it got progressively worse. 

Me too, Flower - really liked the first 5 episodes, but then it turned really bad. 

There are many (wasted time with poor storytelling and ridiculous plots or plot twists) -- but my three that always irk me are

My Love Eun Dong , Valid Love and The Interpreter.   All started off the potential to be classic love stories then compromised reality in the end and lost all credibility for rewatching or even recommendations to watch for others.