2019 Watch Challenge Discussion

This discussion has been closed.

The challenge looks great, and the "MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous" section really is cool :)
I have a question related to the edits we make on the sign-up forms. Is it necessary to specify the exact date we started and finished watching something?

Thank you for putting this together ^^    

Sevi Aria:
The challenge looks great, and the "MDL related, Stats, and Miscellaneous" section really is cool :)
I have a question related to the edits we make on the sign-up forms. Is it necessary to specify the exact date we started and finished watching something?

No, just do it how you want.  

zeamays:

No, just do it how you want.  

Got it. Thank you for the answer ^-^

can I add specials like page turner or the one episode kbs specials for the drama special category?

For a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships, does that mean a non romance drama (like business) or a drama that focuses on a bond between two people that isn't romantic (like mother daughter)? I think I'm reading too much into this.

i started my own personal challenge on January 1st, but didn't sign up until today. do i need to write the 1st, or the 17th on it?

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 intimewithyou:

i started my own personal challenge on January 1st, but didn't sign up until today. do i need to write the 1st, or the 17th on it?

1st.

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 shiroflower:

can I add specials like page turner or the one episode kbs specials for the drama special category?

You can use page turner.

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Misunderst0_od:

For a drama/movie that focuses on non-romantic relationships, does that mean a non romance drama (like business) or a drama that focuses on a bond between two people that isn't romantic (like mother daughter)? I think I'm reading too much into this.

Yes. I watched: https://mydramalist.com/17287-close-knit

I have a two questions. 

1. For "Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same first letter as your username." Does the title have to be the main title or can they also include alternative titles as well. For example, Live or Die is the main title used on MDL, but it's also known as  What’s The Problem, Poong Sang? and Waegeurae Pung Sang Ssi. 

2. For "Watch a drama/movie that was recently recommended." How recent does it have to be, one week, two weeks, a month? 

I was wondering if the only languages counted are the ones on mydramalist? What about Turkish dramas that aren't on here? Can they count as well? Because there's one I'm watching that I'd love to count, despite it not being on here.

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 intimewithyou:

I was wondering if the only languages counted are the ones on mydramalist? What about Turkish dramas that aren't on here? Can they count as well? Because there's one I'm watching that I'd love to count, despite it not being on here.

No, only content available here.

NightTraveller:
1. For "Watch a drama/movie that starts with the same first letter as your username." Does the title have to be the main title or can they also include alternative titles as well. For example, Live or Die is the main title used on MDL, but it's also known as  What’s The Problem, Poong Sang? and Waegeurae Pung Sang Ssi. 

Use the main title only.

NightTraveller:
2. For "Watch a drama/movie that was recently recommended." How recent does it have to be, one week, two weeks, a month? 

Go to the recommendation page, and see the latest recommendation and watch it. If you don't like the film/drama, try seeing the latest recommendation later.

Hessa:

No, only content available here.

Use the main title only.

Go to the recommendation page, and see the latest recommendation and watch it. If you don't like the film/drama, try seeing the latest recommendation later.

Got it. Thanks for answering my question. 

For the watch a drama/movie that has been remade prompt, are you specifically looking for us to watch the original or would the remake be fine? Perhaps either one? Thank you.

kdramarama:

For the watch a drama/movie that has been remade prompt, are you specifically looking for us to watch the original or would the remake be fine? Perhaps either one? Thank you.

I believe it's the original that you watch.