2019 Watch Challenge Discussion

This discussion has been closed.

Hessa Volunteer Staff

Kizzy has created a badge and a banner.  Thanks a lot, they look awesome.

You can copy them from the first post on the challenge.

Hessa:

You can use a web series.

Sure, you can use it.

Thanks a lot!

whoops! I didn't know there was a 2019 Watch Challenge discussion forum so I messaged you already~ 

but I guess I'll repeat the question here -- does webseries count as 'drama' for all the categories? 

Thank you!

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 andz:

whoops! I didn't know there was a 2019 Watch Challenge discussion forum so I messaged you already~ 

but I guess I'll repeat the question here -- does webseries count as 'drama' for all the categories? 

Thank you!

Yes

Does anyone know or can tell me how to search  a long movie for the 3H or longer type.

Thanks. 

• Can any award be chosen for the award-winning challenge?
    • Yes, any awards work. SBS, KBS, MBC, Baeksang, etc

These are all Korean awards, so  does the answer mean any award from Korea or any award in the world, for eg, international film festival awards?

Metal:

Does anyone know or can tell me how to search  a long movie for the 3H or longer type.

Thanks. 

You can watch An Elephant Sitting Still. Its run time is 230 min, that is to say almost 4 hrs.
This is very much an arthouse film, as most films with such a long run time are. The film is somewhat dark, with a rather dystopian outlook, but the end is ... well, let's just say, surprising. I liked it. It's not a film for the casual viewer, but for people with a deep appreciation for cinema (and I guess that's why it would be a good fit for a challenge since most people watch movies for entertainment rather than art).

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 PrettyCarEye:
These are all Korean awards, so  does the answer mean any award from Korea or any award in the world, for eg, international film festival awards?

Any award is okay. Local or international awards are okay.

Metal:

Thanks. 

I went through the 2017 thread and rounded up all the movies people watched that year for the category that no one mentioned here yet:

I'm sure there are more out there, but I agree, they're not that easy to find.

IMDB allows advanced filtering. These are long films, mostly Japanese that are 3-5 hours long. Not sure of their availability or if they have Eng Subs. A similar search of Korean films yielded no results.

I am currently watching The 47 Ronin  1941 available on YT.  The Akira Kurosawa titles I have seen are also good. 

https://www.imdb.com/search/title?title_type=feature&countries=jp&runtime=180,300&sort=runtime,desc

Hello, my question will probably seems stupid but I didn't see specifications about this.
When we want to update our advancement in the challenge,  we can simply edit our sign up form right?  Thanks.

wapo:

Hello, my question will probably seems stupid but I didn't see specifications about this.
When we want to update our advancement in the challenge,  we can simply edit our sign up form right?  Thanks.

Right

It's my first year participating so hopefully everything will go well =)

For the Watch a completed variety show, can I use one season from a variety show like Three Meals A Day Season 1 only?

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 Suaad:

It's my first year participating so hopefully everything will go well =)

For the Watch a completed variety show, can I use one season from a variety show like Three Meals A Day Season 1 only?

Yes.