My Father was an army cook. so we grew up learning to like fried spam, and while in college made up my version of the BLT, which was Lard, bologna, and tuna fish! Sounds gross, but really not that bad

Dinner out last night with hubby at a local cozy trattoria:
a gin-based cocktail
green salad with gorgonzola, caramelized nuts and orange vinaigrette,
pizza with prosciutto, parmigiana, tomatoes and mushrooms,
salmon fillet on a kinoa salad with avocado, with pistachio pesto and mango sauce, and  
tiramisu for two  :)

Akşamları diyet yapıyoruz hahaha

penel:

Dinner out last night with hubby at a local cozy trattoria:
a gin-based cocktail
green salad with gorgonzola, caramelized nuts and orange vinaigrette,
pizza with prosciutto, parmigiana, tomatoes and mushrooms,
salmon fillet on a kinoa salad with avocado, with pistachio pesto and mango sauce, and  
tiramisu for two  :)

You are making my mouth water!  So many different vibrant flavors. 

The Butterfly:
ou are making my mouth water!  So many different vibrant flavors. 

It's been months since our last visit and they managed to re-introduce some of their classic dished by blending new different flavors very successfully:)

Sisig Tofu with mayonnaise.

Assam laksa. My favorite laksa ever.

PeachBlossomGoddess:

Assam laksa. My favorite laksa ever.

I had to look this dish up.  Looks delicious. 

Its one of two spectacular Malaysian soup noodle dishes inspired by Bouillabaisse. The stock has the taste of the sea; this version is fish (mackerel) based. It is spicy, tangy and minty at the same time. The secret ingredient is torch ginger. If you don't have it, you can't get the taste right. I brought it back with me from KL with me a few weeks ago and froze it. I make it for my friends every time I return from KL. It is a must have dish if you make it to Malaysia.

PeachBlossomGoddess:

Its one of two spectacular Malaysian soup noodle dishes inspired by Bouillabaisse. The stock has the taste of the sea; this version is fish (mackerel) based. It is spicy, tangy and minty at the same time. The secret ingredient is torch ginger. If you don't have it, you can't get the taste right. I brought it back with me from KL with me a few weeks ago and froze it. I make it for my friends every time I return from KL. It is a must have dish if you make it to Malaysia.

What is torch ginger?

The Butterfly:

What is torch ginger?

Its an edible tropical flower. its actually quite pretty. We just mince the tip of the bulb before it opens as a garnishing. It adds a fragrant flavour to the dish that elevates the taste of the sea in a way that is hard to describe. Without it the dish is less special.

PeachBlossomGoddess:

Its an edible tropical flower. its actually quite pretty. We just mince the tip of the bulb before it opens as a garnishing. It adds a fragrant flavour to the dish that elevates the taste of the sea in a way that is hard to describe. Without it the dish is less special.

Thank you!  There are so many fascinating flavors in the world. I love to hear about them.  Sounds like it gives a lovely complexity to the dish. 

The Butterfly:

Thank you!  There are so many fascinating flavors in the world. I love to hear about them.  Sounds like it gives a lovely complexity to the dish. 

Yes indeed. ?

I am having polenta with mushrooms and greens.  Delicious.

mum22girls:

I am having polenta with mushrooms and greens.  Delicious.

Mmmm...sounds like it!