The raccoon was fresh road kill taken right off highway, and was totally skinned and basted and was made sure nothing bad with it, tasted like rabbit/squirrel

n Michigan , between walleye, trout, perch, bluegill and rabbit/peasant/squirrel, never will ever need to go to the super market for fresh meats!

No opossum tonight, but I couldn't look at beans again.  Cooked some chicken, carrots, and yellow Yukon potatoes with herbs.  

when you say Possum you mean the big furry rat with sharp teeth then? 

JesusFan:

when you say Possum you mean the big furry rat with sharp teeth then? 

Yes, although they are not part of the rodent family. Opossums are marsupials.  They come and eat the leftover seed under my bird feeders at night. I have heard they are very greasy from some older in-laws but I have never eaten one. XD

The Butterfly:

Yes, although they are not part of the rodent family. Opossums are marsupials.  They come and eat the leftover seed under my bird feeders at night. I have heard they are very greasy from some older in-laws but I have never eaten one. XD

I tried deep fried guinea pigs in Peru when I hiked Maccu Piccu. Taste like bony chicken.

PeachBlossomGoddess:

I tried deep fried guinea pigs in Peru when I hiked Maccu Piccu. Taste like bony chicken.

Back in the day....I was stationed in Fort Hood, Texas (now, aka Fort Cavazos). The  surrounding communities around the area would have cooking contests during a weekend or county fairs. I remember Chili Cook-offs.... and rattlesnake,  alligator and other "meats" were ingredients. All yummy...

Helo_Mek_in_Vegas:

Back in the day....I was stationed in Fort Hood, Texas (now, aka Fort Cavazos). The  surrounding communities around the area would have cooking contests during a weekend or county fairs. I remember Chili Cook-offs.... and rattlesnake,  alligator and other "meats" were ingredients. All yummy...

I have had both snake and alligator. They are actually pretty good. What will shock you more is bat soup is super delicious - my grandmother used to make it. But best to avoid going forward. It is rumored to have had something to do with covid origins. 

I’m not in gator country but it is offered on some menus along with frog legs.  I haven’t had rattlesnake but know people who’ve eaten it.  Hubby had to try earthworms for a survival class in the military. “Earthy.  Would have been better fried.” XD

Pesto tortellini

rattlesnake white meat, tastes like chickens!

Grandma used to love to make english plum pudding, its like bread pudding with plums in it, and served with hot white gravy poured over it

Spent two hours in a dentist's chair today.  Something super simple.  Grilled cheese sandwiches.  And splurged on a cherry limeade on the way home.

cheese with dental work sounds messy!