Turkey burger and sweet potatoes fries. Homemade date nut bars for dessert.  My mom made these date nut bars when I was little. Now that she’s gone it’s not Christmas without them. 

Preparing for Christmas Eve dinner tomorrow! We will have lasagna, beet and potato salad, stuffed roast chicken, and cheese and grapes. 

What are you making for Christmas? 

Appetizers- Chips and artichoke jalapeno dip, summer sausage, cheese and crackers, grapes, wine or sparkling cider

My mom and I killed ourselves preparing for the Thanksgiving feast, and this week has been too hectic. We decided to make our lives easier and get takeout from Panda Express for dinner - Orange Chicken, Black Pepper Steak, Beef and Broccoli, Mushroom Chicken, Chow Mein noodles, Fried Rice

Cheesecake for dessert

my last two packets of dinosaur eggs instant oatmeal

pipes frozen since Friday. my house may have smelled like that stable for Christmas eve. luckily thought to fill whatever bottles I could find (total of 17!) with water Thursday night. should have used last of my energy after to wash dishes so I could cook

Just hubby and me today. Made chicken noodle soup and cornbread. 

Family heading this way Tuesday and it will be feasting time then.   For some reason we started eating lasagna for Christmas years ago so we’ll have that on Tuesday.  My turtle cheesecake was requested so hopefully between the two my arteries won’t clog overnight. XD

Potato cutlet with sweet chilly sauce 

Christmas lunch yesterday with extended family, mainly meat, meat, and more meat (-_-), most of it pork as is traditional for my place for Christmas (roasted pork with potatoes, grilled pork steaks, pork roll, some boiled chicken for pilaf rice, pilaf rice, etc.). Luckily for me (I'm not that much of a fun of meat, ESPECIALLY pork) there were some salads as well.

Today, it's leftovers day, so more pork (lol), roasted with potatoes, peppers & carrots from my own family.

gluten free chicken nuggets with honey mustard

oh and my water is back thankfully

chickpea rotini with sauce and chicken

leftover lasagna from the christmas eve dinner
:))

December is the month of feasting. I barely cooked anything since I have been making rounds of  all family members in India. I am scared to see the weighing scale when I go back home! ^^

Food: Everything Goan, Anglo-Christian, South Indian and Coastal - I've had it all and there's still a week to go. Happy new year everyone!

The last of Christmas leftover food and Chinese food take out.

Boiled broccoli sauteed with oil and veggies with omelet