jubies33:

Sounds yummy, and so healthy!. I still have no idea what I will make. Will have to raid the freezer and see what we have to work with.

Instead I'll tell what we had for breakfast:

pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs with cheese, and potatoes with onion and bell pepper. 

A breakfast feast for the New Year—-sounds like a way good way to start 2021 to me!  :)

Korean themed dinner with braised tofu & chicken, seafood pancake, and bulgogi beef kimbap

Broccoli and Cheese Quiche 

Chickpea and veggie soup with cornbread.

Char350 that Korean themed dinner looks amazing!

Yuvetsi! - Small pasta cooked in red sauce with veal/beef, traditional Greek food. 

Here's a recipe. It's in Greek, but you can probably figure out most things from the video and/or Google translate. In my family, we also add cinnamon & nutmeg (cinnamon especially is a MUST in all red sauce "kokkinista" dishes!), but otherwise it's a very good one.

https://youtu.be/YE8WMgXjRNg

Oh, I forgot to add, I just ate one of the last slices of Vasilopita --Saint' Basil's, aka Santa Claus's, Cake, or New Year's Cake-- for dessert, and I found the lucky coin!!! :D Though I don't know how lucky it's considered anymore, since there was less than one fifth of the cake left, and it had to be there somewhere...

Char350:

Korean themed dinner with braised tofu & chicken, seafood pancake, and bulgogi beef kimbap

This looks SOOO yummy!! I wish I could taste Korean food...

I made katsu curry and added pieces of apple it was just delicious.

What started out as a lentil recipe went wrong and then kinda right.  :)

I saw a recipe in an article about lentil soups from around the world for red lentil and apricot stew that honestly sounded about as appetizing as pineapple upside-down beans, but it was different from the ones I usually make and thought I'd give it a try.  Instead of pulling all of my ingredients out ahead of time I started by sautéing the dried apricots and onion like the recipe called for.  Of course when I went to grab the red lentils I couldn't find any.  I didn't want to waste the onion and apricot mixture so I added white rice, broth, canned black beans and the canned petite diced tomatoes, cumin and thyme called for in the original recipe (and a little cayenne).   It ended up pretty good.  Tasted similar to a rice recipe an aunt from Mexico used to make.  Not crazy about the apricots, so I don't think I'll make it again, but overall it was tasty and warm.  It wasn't bad enough to pitch and make peanut butter sandwiches.  XD

Chicken nuggets and fries again haha (plus an unhealthy amount of vinegar)

Inari sushi, miso soup, green tea

Still on my soups/stews around the world kick.  This time I tried a west African inspired stew

Sweet Potato and Peanut Bisque.   It called for baked sweet potatoes, onion, ginger, peanut butter, tomato paste, all spice, cayenne, and we had whole peanuts, parsley, chives, and lemon juice for toppings.  Gotta say we looked at this stew with a great deal of skepticism but it was actually quite tasty.  :)

We had pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw.