What's difference between idol drama and normal (non idol)  drama? 

I used to think when an idol works in any drama that is called idol drama. But I don't think that is the case. So I really want to know how to know that this drama is idol drama or not?

EXO Next Door is an idol drama as is Secret Love. EXO Next Door stars the members of boy KPop group EXO, Secret Love is the KPop girl group KARA. They star in a story made up to promote the group. While they use their own names and the story is about them, it has nothing to do with their private lives.

He is Psychometric stars Park Jin Young (of GOT7 and JJ Project) but is a normal drama as he plays someone not 'himself' and wasn't created to promote his groups. That said, I am now a fan of GOT7 because of him. Looking into JJ Project as well :)

Sorry if that first paragraph was worded awkwardly; hope it still makes sense.

Well I got your point. But I read a news in that they mentioned 'count your lucky stars' as idol drama. I watched this drama and no one used their real name. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. 

Hmm, I looked this one up in MDL and there isn't a mention of it being an idol drama. If it really is then I am as stumped as you are.

newbiefan:

Hmm, I looked this one up in MDL and there isn't a mention of it being an idol drama. If it really is then I am as stumped as you are.

thanks

Well, in my opinion, idol drama is a drama in which the leads are usually young and the target audience is mostly young people as well. For example, as you mentioned, count your lucky stars. The target audience for the drama is young people, so it's called idol drama. The genre for non-idol drama usually more serious but that's not always the case. The example of non-idol drama is "In the Name of People" and maybe Three Kingdoms.

lotus12341:

Well, in my opinion, idol drama is a drama in which the leads are usually young and the target audience is mostly young people as well. For example, as you mentioned, count your lucky stars. The target audience for the drama is young people, so it's called idol drama. The genre for non-idol drama usually more serious but that's not always the case. The example of non-idol drama is "In the Name of People" and maybe Three Kingdoms.

Oh yeah you have a point. Thanks.

That does make sense.