As January comes to an end I am glad to say I've more then met my reading goals. I must say I enjoyed these books. This month I also listened to my first audio book which was Happy Place by Emily Henry. I don't think audiobooks are for me though as I find my self getting distracted. I think they might be good for some light reading. This is the fist time I am reading books by these authors. 

I am going to start February with this book :)

Its You:

As January comes to an end I am glad to say I've more then met my reading goals. I must say I enjoyed these books. This month I also listened to my first audio book which was Happy Place by Emily Henry. I don't think audiobooks are for me though as I find my self getting distracted. I think they might be good for some light reading. This is the fist time I am reading books by these authors. 

I am going to start February with this book :)

If you liked "The Housekeeper and The Professor" as much as I did, I suggest you watch the movie based on the novel: "The Professor's Beloved Equation" (2006)
https://mydramalist.com/3925-the-professors-beloved-equation

Okay folks, so after enough of my whining I finally finished Heaven Official's Blessing volume 7. The things i was worried about resolved faster than I was expecting, which was a relief. I think it also helps that I started watching the anime with a few friends of mine so it's easier to remember the very large cast of characters. Except that many of the characters have very similar faces in the anime T__T In my head I definitely was imagining a wider range of character design but.... whatever. lol I do enjoy the story and I'm having a good time. This is probably my least favorite of the series so far, but I'm liking where the story is going by the end of this volume. Also, really enjoyed one of the revelations in this volume. Great set up for it and reveal!

I also read three graphic novels from Quindre Press. They were all pretty gorgeous. They're short stories and some of them didn't really resonate with me all too much, but I still enjoyed them just for being so beautifully illustrated. They were good stories, by the way.

Oh my... I forgot how much I read this month so I've actually read something else as well. Peach Blossom Debt was a recommended book from the Goodreads algorithm. I was really entranced by the cover, and at the time the book was on back order which made me be like, oh is this in high demand? Why? What's so good about it? It was an interesting story and I kind of liked that the writing style was a bit slow in a calming way, which I enjoyed and thought fit the character well. There was like one thing that I didn't really care for in the book, but other than that it was enjoyable. 

omg i almost forgot. I also read a webcomic, which maybe doesn't count BUT I DID! A Killer Pardox is coming out next month and the webtoon for it was finally released so I read that. That helped me calm down a bit because I was kinda going crazy for this show. So now I'm just patiently waiting for the release. Excited and nervous. A little worried it'll disappoint if I'm honest but I love Choi Wooshik so whatever. 

After three months of little reading due to the holidays and life in general, I finally found my way back. 

The first was a re-re-re-re-read.  I usually pick something in January to help me focus on where I want to go in the New Year.

This was an interesting read. McBride's prose was lovely but sometimes he went down the rabbit hole too much with it.  Not every minor character needs a long backstory.  By the last 100 pp I was ready for him to get to the point.

My January was fairly productive, especially happy to be well ahead  in my goal of reading 36 nonfiction books this year

Getting a bit ahead has allowed to me slow RIGHT down to read a book that's been sitting on my TBR for years

I'm grokking more of it unaided than I thought I would, which is nice, but the snippets of Romagnol completely stump both me AND all the online translation sites I know. I'm highlighting them all to send to my sammarinese friends for translation into Italian when I'm done. :)

Hi everyone!  I haven't posted here in like 2 years, I think :)  Greetings to those here I have not met and hello again to those who didn't wander off like I did, haha.

I finished a book yesterday - Stilwell and the American Experience in China.

Which was way more interesting than I thought it would be (I tend to not read much in the way of either pure history or biographies, but I think maybe the mix here of both was a good one for me).  Gave it 4/5 stars.

Now, I have no idea what book I'll start tonight, but I'm excited to get back to some fiction after spending the entire month with this one :)

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted anything about my reading progress, because I haven't read much these months, but I finally managed to finish a book I started in November -
it  wasn't very much to my liking, but it was a birthday gift from my bestie so I read it.
I found the author's writing a bit messy, rambling and at times pretentious. The story was too far-fetched and the conclusion sloppy.

This week I've started reading the latest book of one of my fave greek novelists, Maro Douka, and so far I like what I'm reading.

2.5/5 stars
currently reading

Have a great reading month, dear Book Club family!
Always looking forward to your reading updates and recommendations :)

zeamays:
Hi everyone!  I haven't posted here in like 2 years, I think :)  Greetings to those here I have not met and hello again to those who didn't wander off like I did, haha.

Glad to see you back!

Last month I at least read this one, "I want to die but I want to eat Tteokbokki" from Baek Sehee. It seems to be a bestseller in Korea or elsewhere, so I was curious. It's basically the written conversation of her with her psychologyst about her depression with some verdicts added. Basically I liked it, as I could relate to some things and how she and him addressed it and how you can deal with such things when you hang in your selfcentered loop judging everything too much. May be also a sign of times thingy in our modern society and all the (unncecessary ?) pressure from others/yourself. It feels a bit short regarding her relationships, where always everything seemed fine, that wasn't really clear to me, or may be the book in general is too short. Overall I'd recommend it, may be a 4 of 5. Did somebody of you read it ? What's your opinion about it ?

MichaKu:

Last month I at least read this one, "I want to die but I want to eat Tteokbokki" from Baek Sehee. It seems to be a bestseller in Korea or elsewhere, so I was curious. It's basically the written conversation of her with her psychologyst about her depression with some verdicts added. Basically I liked it, as I could relate to some things and how she and him addressed it and how you can deal with such things when you hang in your selfcentered loop judging everything too much. May be also a sign of times thingy in our modern society and all the (unncecessary ?) pressure from others/yourself. It feels a bit short regarding her relationships, where always everything seemed fine, that wasn't really clear to me, or may be the book in general is too short. Overall I'd recommend it, may be a 4 of 5. Did somebody of you read it ? What's your opinion about it ?

It's a lovely book. It's not my favorite but I recommended it to my friend who broke into tears that she held on for so long after reading it and for that, it holds a special place in my heart.

Hi there! I am new around here thanks to @penel who suggested I joined because I was looking for something to read. Actually, I was looking for a web novel, something I could read on my phone while waiting for the bus to arrive! Someone suggested books by Priest and I started The Guardian since it was turned into a drama. I did not like it, to put it mildly: it read like a screenplay, not a novel. I realized I should have listened to comments, since they all recommended I read Silent Reading. So I finally decided to listen to them and started it a few days ago, and now I cannot seem to stop! It is well written (thanks for excellent translation EDanglarsTranslations!) and the characters are intriguing!  I wonder what you thought about it?

SelmaS:

Hi there! I am new around here thanks to @penel who suggested I joined because I was looking for something to read. Actually, I was looking for a web novel, something I could read on my phone while waiting for the bus to arrive! Someone suggested books by Priest and I started The Guardian since it was turned into a drama. I did not like it, to put it mildly: it read like a screenplay, not a novel. I realized I should have listened to comments, since they all recommended I read Silent Reading. So I finally decided to listen to them and started it a few days ago, and now I cannot seem to stop! It is well written (thanks for excellent translation EDanglarsTranslations!) and the characters are intriguing!  I wonder what you thought about it?

Welcome to our Book Club family, dear friend!

burhaa aadmi:

Just finished my 20th book for 2024, 

This 3-book omnibus means I'm 10% of the way to my 195 book goal for the year and 11% of the way to my 70,000 pages goal. Not a bad start so far, and giving me time to focus on reading in Italian again for February - that will slow me right  down! :)

you've read 20 books in 5 weeks??? thats so impressive. how many books do you read per day or per week??

Namsham:

you've read 20 books in 5 weeks??? thats so impressive. how many books do you read per day or per week??

I work only part time and from home, so I have lots of eading time. In 2022, I read 454 books, but that was too many as it left me no time for Dramas or other hobbies, like language learning. So last year, I cut that to 227, and this year I've set a maximum of 210. I'm at 38 books for the year so far, partway through book 39. When I get to 40, I'll take a break and start on my backlog of Dramas :)

Hi everyone! 

I recently saw a post from Noel on the Feeds about new book purchases and it inspired me to do a Book Cover Questionnaire on the Feeds. 

If you're interested, please take a look. I would be happy if you join. ^.^

https://mydramalist.com/profile/Yin-Taiyo/feeds/BA6VQUE