Kapetria:

I found a place where you can see how many you have read from the  list https://www.listchallenges.com/100-books-bucket-list-scratch-off-poster

Thanks much! :)

Could we get sth like an overview what everyone is reading for the current month? Like putting it in the very first post? Then things won't get lost in the many posts. Just the title would be enough.

And those who ask me for recommendations, I'll send you a dm so you don't have to search for it in here. ;)

Hello, I feel weird writing here but I would really love to join your book club, I love reading though I often have moods for books but I think being part of a club could really motivate me to stick to at least one book a month. Thanks a lot for making it possible, I hope to exchange more with you all about books, I have my preferences I admit (I mostly read classics, and if it's not a classic it has to be realistic) but I can make exceptions for anything that catches my attention ;p.

In April I read and completed three books 

" Farewell My Concubine" By Lilian Lee which made me tear up near the end, an absolute gem (like the movie). 9/10

"Ce Que le Jour Doit à la Nuit/ What the Day Owes to the Night" by Yasmina Khadra. A really nice book set during the Algerian War, Yasmina Khadra is a poet, loved his writing a lot. 7.5/10.

"Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley. I found this book so reflective about human nature and desires and found myself feeling pity for the creature. 8/10

I started "The Great Gastby" by F Scott Fitzgerald  in April but finished it today so I can't include in my April reading. 6/10 , was expecting so much from it but ended up disappointed.

For May I plan to read " Le Printemps n'en sera que plus beau" by Rachid Mimouni ( started it today).

and if I have time would love to  read " The Temple of the Golden Pavilion by Yukio Mishima". And so many more but my post is already long enough so I'll stop here.

Dounie:
"Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley. I found this book so reflective about human nature and desires and found myself feeling pity for the creature. 8/10

I started "The Great Gastby" by J Scott Fitzgerald  in April but finished it today so I can't include in my April reading. 6/10 , was expecting so much from it but ended up disappointed.

Welcome :), these two are great books, I like Gatsby friend, forgot his name tho, he feels everybody around him  

Kapetria:

Welcome :), these two are great books, I like Gatsby friend, forgot his name tho, he feels everybody around him  

Thanks ;). Ah I guess you mean Nick right?! He's the best part of the book :p.

Dounie:

Welcome!!!! 

Dounie:

yes, he is always reading books and explaining other characters behavior to us 

Kapetria:

I found a place where you can see how many you have read from the  list https://www.listchallenges.com/100-books-bucket-list-scratch-off-poster

My reading slump come from reading Gone with the Wind last year for this bucket list, which I dropped, not sure when gonna came back to read it 

luluandfloyd:

Finished in April:

1. The Girl With Seven Names by Hyeonseo Lee . A really exciting true story about escaping North Korea.

2.  The Book Of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate. Set in two time frames following the Civil War and during the 1980's in a small town in Louisiana. Loved it!

3.  This Time Next Year We'll Be Laughing by Jacqueline Winspear.  A memoir about growing up poor in post-war Britain by a favorite mystery writer.

4. Hotel On The Corner Of Bitter And Sweet by Jamie Ford.  The story of a first generation Chinese boy and a first generation Japanese girl in Seattle during the second world war. Very informative!

5. Empress Orchid by Anchee Min.  About the Dowager Empress and the political world she lived in. I learned a lot about that period of history in China.

5 books,  congratulations ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Kapetria:

I'm doing the 100 classic books (I love classics novels)  scratch poster challenge, so I try read 5 or 10 classic books a year

This scratch post is neat! I established a goal of reading one classic a month but I think I will be breaking that because of Asian Readathon. Hopefully I could return to reading classics in June.

Dounie:
Hello, I feel weird writing here but I would really love to join your book club, I love reading though I often have moods for books but I think being part of a club could really motivate me to stick to at least one book a month. Thanks a lot for making it possible, I hope to exchange more with you all about books, I have my preferences I admit (I mostly read classics, and if it's not a classic it has to be realistic) but I can make exceptions for anything that catches my attention ;p.

Welcome! 

luluandfloyd:

Finished in April:

1. The Girl With Seven Names by Hyeonseo Lee . A really exciting true story about escaping North Korea.

2.  The Book Of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate. Set in two time frames following the Civil War and during the 1980's in a small town in Louisiana. Loved it!

3.  This Time Next Year We'll Be Laughing by Jacqueline Winspear.  A memoir about growing up poor in post-war Britain by a favorite mystery writer.

4. Hotel On The Corner Of Bitter And Sweet by Jamie Ford.  The story of a first generation Chinese boy and a first generation Japanese girl in Seattle during the second world war. Very informative!

5. Empress Orchid by Anchee Min.  About the Dowager Empress and the political world she lived in. I learned a lot about that period of history in China.

I would love to read some of these books because they sound so interesting!

Finished reading A Secret Crush Seduction by Jayci Lee. The writing bothered me a lot but I do like the characters.

Dounie:

Welcome! There's no need to feel weird, as most of us have moods for books and dramas :)
You have some well-known classic titles in your May list - I hope you'll enjoy them all xD

penel:

Welcome! There's no need to feel weird, as most of us have moods for books and dramas :)
You have some well-known classic titles in your May list - I hope you'll enjoy them all xD

Thank you for the warm welcome ;).

Ahah yes that's so true but I'm pretty sure this book club will help me reading more :p.