Netizen posts the average heights of K-pop boy groups

Recently a summary of the average heights of girl groups in K-pop, and it looks like this time. Similar to the previous report, the boys were categorized into five different groups: Giant, Tall, Average, Short, and Shortest.

The tallest was X-5 at 186.2cm (6 feet and 1.30 inches) while the shortest was TEEN TOP at 175.1 (5 feet and 8.93 inches).

Where does your favorite male idol group rank? See for yourself below!

-Shortest

TEEN TOP – 175.1 (5 feet and 8.93 inches)

B2ST – 175.6 (5 feet and 9.13 inches)

The BOSS – 176.4 (5 feet and 9.44 inches)

FT Island – 176.6 (5 feet and 9.52 inches)

Dalmatian – 176.6 (5 feet and 9.52 inches)

N-Train : 176.6 (5 feet and 9.52 inches)

-Short

Big Bang – 177.2 (5 feet and 9.76 inches)

Boyfriend – 177.3 (5 feet and 9.80 inches)

Block B – 177.4 (5 feet and 9.84 inches)

INFINITE – 177.8 (5 feet and 10.00 inches)

-Average

Twi-light – 178.0 (5 feet and 10.07 inches)

Super Junior - 178.0 (5 feet and 10.07 inches)

ZE:A - 178.2 (5 feet and 10.15 inches)

MBLAQ – 178.4 (5 feet and 10.23 inches)

MYNAME - 178.4 (5 feet and 10.23 inches)

SHINee - 178.8 (5 feet and 10.30 inches)

B.A.P – 178.8 (5 feet and 10.30 inches)

-Tall

CHAOS - 179.0 (5 feet and 10.47 inches)

TOUCH – 179.0 (5 feet and 10.47 inches)

BoM - 179.0 (5 feet and 10.47 inches)

M.I.B – 179.2 (5 feet and 10.55 inches)

B1A4 – 179.4 (5 feet and 10.62 inches)

HITT – 180.1 (5 feet and 10.90 inches)

U-KISS - 180.5 (5 feet and 11.06 inches)

AA - 180.6 (5 feet and 11.10 inches)

2PM – 180.8 (5 feet and 11.18 inches)

-Giant

2AM – 181.1 (5 feet and 11.29 inches)

TVXQ - 181.2 (5 feet and 11.33 inches)

SS501 - 181.2 (5 feet and 11.33 inches)

CO-ED School (SPEED) – 182.6 (5 feet and 11.88 inches)

CNBLUE - 183.0 (6 feet and 0.04 inches)

Supernova – 183.0 (6 feet and 0.04 inches)

FOCUS - 183.0 (6 feet and 0.04 inches)

X5 - 186.2 (6 feet and 1.30 inches)

Source & Image : EVON |via: allkpop
The Moon that Embraces Sun Cancels Broadcast of Last 2 Episodes

In the aftermath of general strike at MBC, The Moon Embracing the Sun drama series that has only 2 episodes remaining to its grand finale is been replaced special planning programs in lieu of the highly anticipated last 2 episodes.

In the telephone conversation with 10Asia, an official of MBC said, “Special featured programs will be aired tomorrow (March 7) and day after tomorrow (March 8). The exact schedule will be released when it’s prepared.”

The decision to broadcast special program in lieu of actual drama becomes inevitable after the director of The Moon Embracing the Sun, Kim Do Hoon, announced on March 6th, 2012, to fully participate in the strike on MC.

The MBC labor union tweeted on the monring of March 6th, 2012 to spread the news, “The Moon Embracing the Sun’s PD Kim Do Hoon, God of War’s PD Kim Jin Min, Feast of the Gods’ PD Lee Dong Yoon, and Just Like Today’s PD Kim Dae Jin officially joined the general strike. All the directors of main MBC dramas have joined the strike!”

Accordingly, the change to the premiere of succeeding drama The King 2Hearts starring Lee Seung Gi and Ha Ji Won that is scheduled to begin March 14th, 2012 following the end of The Moon that Embraces the Sun, is inevitable.

In addition, the highly anticipated full-fledged battle of three territorial TV stations for Wednesday and Thursday drama of MBC’s The King 2Hearts, SBS’s Rooftop Prince staring Park Yoochun, Han Ji Min and Lee Tae Sung, and KBS2′s Man from the Equator starring Uhm Tae Woong, Lee Bo Young and Lee Si Wan that starts at the same time no longer able to be seen.

via Asiae
credit: asian-drama.org
The Sun and the Moon’ Final Episodes Will Not Air This Week

MBC officially announced that it will not air the final two episodes of The Sun and the Moon this week and air special episodes in its place.

Kim Soo Hyun’s agency, Key East, meanwhile said Kim will continue to give his all for the drama’s production until March 8 as originally planned, but due to his other schedules it is impossible for Kim to return to the set after March 8. Han Ga In, meanwhile, has opened up her schedule for the production.

Taking into consideration the schedules of the actors and other crew members, the production staff is working to finish production to ensure that the drama resumes its broadcast within a week.

Director Kim reportedly returned to the set temporarily on March 6 to film a key scene between the two main actors. The production crew reiterated that the director’s return was temporary and that he would leave the set after the scene was finished filming and participate in the labor union strikes as scheduled.

Photo credit: MBC
Who’s the skinniest and heaviest among male idol groups?

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/20120312_idols_weight.jpg[/IMG]

Following the popular rankings of girl groups by average height, a new chart, recording the average weight of boy groups, has attracted a lot of attention among netizens. The bar graph ranked the boy bands’ average weight from lightest to heaviest. Teen Top was the lightest with 55.1kg (121.5lbs), while 2PM took home the title as the heaviest boy group with 69.1kg (152.3lbs).

The boy groups were ranked in five different categories with amusing labels: Why Do I Live, No Words Needed, A Not So Average Average, The Real Average, and Height and Weight Are Proportional.

Many female netizens were shocked to see that some of their favorite male idols weighed approximately the same as they do. In fact, Teen Top, SHINee, Infinite, ZE:A, Twilight, and FT Island weighed under 60kg (132.3 pounds).

Netizens commented, “[I]Teen Top and I weigh about the same...how sad
,” “Oh my, they weigh less than I do! Please take some of my weight,” “I want to cry,” and more.

http://soompi_images.s3.amazonaws.com/6dfccb132978ecefc99f9c716fc356cc_large.jpg[/IMG]

Netizens are at it with yet another average graph for idols! This time, instead of height they have summarized the average weight of male idol groups and it has definitely caught the attention of fans.

The graph was uploaded on an online community board and sequences the average weight from lightest to the heaviest groups into five hilarious different category names: “Why am I living“, “No need for words“, “Not average“, “This is average“, and “Height and weight are proportional“.

Out of all the groups listed on the graph, the lightest overall member was TEEN TOP’s L.Joe weighing in at a flyweight-like 50kg with a height of 171cm.

After seeing the graph, fans commented, “[I]Are they even eating?
“, “I shall give you some of my fat“, and “I bet some of them will fly away when it gets windy.

Check to see where your favorite idol group lies in:

Why am I living

TEEN TOP - 55.1

MY NAME – 57.6

SHINee – 58.0

INFINITE – 58.8

ZE:A – 59.1

Twilight – 59.7

F.T. Island - 59.8

No need for words

LEDApple – 60.0

Block B – 60.7

Big Bang – 60.8

N-Train – 61.0

Dalmation – 61.0

B2ST – 61.1

Not average

B1A4 – 61.6

CHAOS – 61.8

TOUCH - 62.0

CNBLUE – 62.0

TVXQ - 62.4

MBLAQ – 63.2

This is average

AA - 64.0

Super Junior – 64.2

U-KISS - 64.4

BoM – 64.5

B.A.P - 65.1

Co-Ed School – 65.2

SS501 - 65.4

Height and weight are proportional

F.CUZ – 66.3

X-5 - 66.4

Supernova – 66.6

M.I.B - 67.2

2AM - 67.5

2PM – 69.1

Source & Image: Josun Ilbo |via: Nate, allkpop, & soompi
It makes sense that 2pm weighs the most since they are so muscly. Still, they are all very skinny in comparison to westerners. Not making a fat reference, just that Westerners tend to have more bulk that isn't necessarily from obesity. :)
the guys from big bang dont look that skinny, except G-dragon. i've had alot of time to look at them lately, they're my current obsession :P
Cube Entertainment reveals their new male idol group, ‘BTOB’!

We’ve known for a while that Cube Entertainment would be debuting a new seven member male idol group. What we didn’t know was what their name would be, or when they would debut. However, the answers to those questions have been revealed today!

We have just been notified by Cube Entertainment that the name of the new male idol group is BTOB (“B-to-B”)!

A new teaser site btobofficial.com has just been opened up minutes ago revealing an ‘ID FILM’ to announce the name of the new group to the world. The film showcases the dance skills of the members, and states, “The wait is over. Be ready to be blown away. The world of K-Pop is about to change. Cube Entertainment proudly presents BTOB (Born To Beat).”

BTOB stands for “Born To Beat”, and embodies their determination to show the world a new beat and new performances. The “beat” also stands for their goal to surpass all others, with their name taking on the meaning of – “Born to impress the listeners of the world with music”.

The group will be releasing their first track on March 22nd to mark their debut, and the members will be revealed one by one.

Stay tuned to allkpop as more details are revealed later on!

Meanwhile, check out the ‘ID FILM’ on their site, and the boys’ previous fictional performances on the sitcom, ‘I Live in Cheongdamdong’ below!

Allkpop

The name makes me laugh...hahaha. Anyways click on the link for the videos
NU'EST debut song (: Ren looks like a girl...haha. But the song is actually pretty good, I love it :D

Crazy4You wrote: Cube Entertainment reveals their new male idol group, ‘BTOB’!

Dear boyband when I saw your name for the first time I read "BTOMB" - from now on I will always conntect you with a mental image of a tombstone. Sorry.

I really like their dancing here and the teaser on their homepage is superb with all those pantomime moves.
Reporters uncover the dark truth behind the daily activities of sasaeng fans

Read more about the creepy s*** here
Can You Tell the Difference between EXO-K and EXO-M’s Dance Choreography?

On March 14th, SM Entertainment released dance rehearsal videos of EXO-K and EXO-M for their new single, “History.” In the videos, both groups look almost exactly the same with the same song playing in the back. The members for each group perform equally impressive dance choreographies in highly synchronized moves, leaving lasting impressions on fans who are eagerly anticipating for their stage debut.

As reported earlier, SM Entertainment plans to promote EXO in 2 separate groups, EXO-K and EXO-M, at the same time with the same track. EXO-K will focus its promotions in Korea while EXO-M will have most of its activities in the Chinese region. You can watch their respective dances videos for "History" here.

Here are the two dance practice videos. Can you tell the difference between their dance moves?

EXO-M - HISTORY Dance (Chinese ver.)

EXO-K - HISTORY Dance (Korean ver.)

Source: soompi
Lee Seung Gi and Han Ga In to Join the London Olympics Torch Relay

Two of Korea’s most beloved celebrities Lee Seung Gi and Han Ga In will participate in the 2012 London Olympics torch relay. According to reports in local news agencies, the two will be runners and torch bearers, representing Korea and Samsung Electronics, an official sponsor of the Olympics.

The two actors were chosen for their good image and their loyalty to the Samsung brand. They have been exclusive models of Samsung consumer electronics since 2009. Lee Seung Gi endorses the Zippel Refrigerator while Han Ga In models for the Hausen Washing Machine.

Meanwhile, Lee Seung Gi is currently busy with a drama co-starring Ha Ji Won, “The King 2Hearts,” set to premiere on MBC on March 21st. He has also released music in Japan, and until recently has participated in hit variety shows such as “1 Night 2 Days” and “Strong Heart.”

Han Ga In, on the other hand, is on hiatus after finishing “The Moon that Embraces the Sun.” Her film, “Introduction to Architecture” opens in cinemas on March 22nd.

[Preview] Sent From Heaven (K-Drama Comedy)

[12.02.27] I Need a Fairy - Episode 1 (1/3)

Believe me, you don't need eng sub to watch it. Cuz it's totally action comedy drama. All about Comedy drama, i'm all in.
I already finished ep.12. So far, I understand the story plot.

Wish to watch Lol-ing drama ?, this is the one. (^o^)b
Why Did Eric Choose JTBC for "Shinhwa Broadcast"?

http://drmtr5yzg1z25.cloudfront.net/843929b03d6fd3ac58a34ab637f03da5_large.jpg[/IMG]

On March 15th, ShinHwa had a press conference of their new variety entertainment program, "ShinHwa Broadcast." At the conference, Eric explained that ShinHwa decided to work with JTBC for the show simply because JTBC was the first to make an offer.

Eric said, "[I]Unlike other broadcasting companies, JTBC was proactive and very forward about it. They proposed a concept of a variety program featuring all 6 of us, and it was just what we wanted. We understand that we need to continuously release albums for us to continue as ShinHwa, but at the same time, we see the necessity of having different venues to communicate with and stay close to the public.
"

He added, "This is not a pilot program. It's a long term project and we think the people we work with is as important as the concept of the show. The staff at JTBC has been very considerate throughout the process of preparing for the show. We trust them and believe in their ability to foster 'ShinHwa Broadcast.'"

"ShinHwa Broadcast" is a new paradigm of variety show that features the longest-running idol group ShinHwa, posing new challenges and genres every week. The 1st episode of "Shinhwa Broadcast" aired on March 17th at 9:55pm KST.

Note: This 'ShinHwa Broadcast' is so damn funny. I laughed almost everytime they had conversation or even when action on! ㅋㅋㅋ xD