damn how do we have the same type of thoughts. I love BBC's Sherlock and Pride and Prejudice, too. I love all the versions of P&P <3 

Boys over flower was way overrated for sure. I think out of all the remakes, I liked the japanese version a lot. It wasn't as cringy and the main girl is awesome. 

I think if you guys like romance and mystery genre mashed together, check out I Remember You aka Hello Monster. Coincidentally, it's also a noona romance and on the mature end, so no cutsy scenes. 

HI:) IKR we really are  all similar In our genres :)  “i t is my general belief” that the basic  romance story stems from  all Jane Austin  books ..P&P Emma  sense and sensibility Mansfield park persuasion..the woman was a genius   

I saw the japanese version of boys over flowers &n you are right it was much better.  I Think it had 2 parts to it.  The Japanese tend to do less episodes. which I also prefer.hate the filler episodes that just take up,space....

oh my gosh you know what was a really cute  Japanese rom com (with romance) was Love Lasts Forever.  The leads were great..  the ML lead was amazing in the live action anime Rurouni Kenshin .  The FL really grows up and becomes her own person and the ML changes for the better..his confessions are really funny at times.. he’s so .not used to emotion and she’s like a bubbly person...

I just finished couple trouble as per Cheerful Smiles suggestion ..that was really cute :) and also I am watching Girlfriend (2020 _ fromChina.    I started King Eternal Monarch..it’s giving me Goblin Like vibes.  .even the music feels similar.... So far I like it.. the uncle is really evil.  Lee Min Ho,looks amazing...(nobody ages ...they all look great ) however watching  it makes me want to watch City Hunter..which is also on my list..   it’s funny, I have a bunch or dramas on my list..then I read the comments on MDL  or get feedback from people like yourself and CS   and it  Really Helps so much bc there’s a gazillion dramas out there:)   im always open to suggestions:)

I’m going to check out Hello Monster  I had seen that synopsis awhile back and was wondering if it  was any good.    Soon I will be back at work so I’m keeping up with educational classes and in between getting in all the dramas I won’t have as much time to, watch later :):)

if you and cheerful smile don’t mind  i was going to friend you......ha .. I just tried and  apparently am computer challenged and can’t figure out how to do it??? (I am so bad with technology
I was going to. check in on you every now and then ...as we go our separate  drama ways:(.  I’ll work on figuring this out...:)...you see me like 10pm tonite still working on it ..hehhe

ok enjoy the day!!!:)

Hey :)

you did it..:) I just friended you ...I literally was just on trying to figure out how to friend and you made my life so much easier!!!

thanks!!

I just added you and Cheerful Smiles! 

I was actually going to try out Love Last Forever, too! Fortunately, it's already on Viki which is another platform I use a lot to watch my dramas. Shame there are not much Japanese dramas on Viki, so I usually have to find them elsewhere on the web but I don't get to interact with other fans through real time chat.

I actually haven't watched the live action of Rurouni Kenshin yet. I've watched a lot of other live action Jap movies like Gintama and Death Note. I watch a lot of anime instead before seeing the live action versions haha. I'm an eastasianboo all around. 

I might try out Lee Min Ho's drama but I'm probably going to wait until a few more eps come out in case I like it. Hate waiting since I have a short term memory >< 

great We can all stay in touch:) I usually don’t type this much but I have so much time on my hands :)

Gintama  is on my list to watch..I loved the anime death note but wasn’t crazy about the American live action however  the Japanese version  really good.  it sounds crazy but the  concept of the  names in  a book and a shinigami ...I thought was really cool. The Story overall was ingenious.. thats what I love about anime’s and dramas..they are so creative.... ok I’ll also admit I  did watch the anime Snow White with the red hair..it was an adventure romance FL was really smart and independent..
you should check out “dramanice”  they have a lot J C K T and Indian dramas...and some of the anime live actions . they have Tokyo Ghoul Inuyashiki  Kenshin and Bleach attack on Titan    (TG  & AonT   are abit bloody for me though..my daughter loves them. :)  the Kenshin anime was on Netflix and once I started it I was hooked and the transition to live action was amazing. Sato  totally rocks it..  Dramanice has lots of the Japanese dramas & you can chat about the episodes.   im so bad that I actually watch the  dramasites that are entirely in Chinese or Japanese so I can watch before the subs come out ( we are attempting to learn some Japanese) 

in Love lasts forever the chemistry is awesome and when he falls for her he makes it very clear he likes her...
Ok I’m going walking and then check out  hello monster:)

Btw girls, thanks for sending me friend requests! <3  <3 

@ M : Glad you liked Couple trouble! It was one of my earliest (2-3yrs back) binge watches! I especially liked that they kept her stylishly sassy till the end and did not turn her into some meek domesticated little thing in the end! :) 

And I have watched very few Japanese romcoms, so will happily chk out all the recs! Keep them coming! :) 

Btw I'm an anime fan too but since I started watching it many years back, I have mostly only watched simple romcom animes like Cardcaptor Sakura, ufo baby(da da da) , inu yasha, ranma 1/2, ouran host club, etc... Last 2 are really funny and  is not very shoujo, so you guys may like it!  :) 

Now we can all keep in touch and share info:) seriously though there are so many dramas that look good and are not and so many that are good that I don’t know about..we all seem to have similar taste so that works out great :)  CF your right about Couple trouble ..it was good in that she didn’t change who she was ..the ML recognized her lack of humanity was lack of companionship or inability to connect to others.. and allowed her to be herself with others at her own pace..(like when she was pulling up the wheat) anyways..she did things at her own pace...he seemed to understand her ..I like when she is sitting with the other “crazy” lady and they are comparing phones..that was priceless..

100 days my prince was really good..I like when he was like “oh hoho..like no touching me” . And  she was like “what an annoyance“.. and she makes him work:)  ..  she was perfect for him....she was also good in suspicious partner..i Like that she plays strong roles (is smart capable and can fight) 

Inu Yasha.. :)  yep another good one....I watched the first couple of episodes really liked the story and the bantering. I also likes that she could fight And they work together as a team with others...and yes..something about going back in time which is also always fun :). I  watched the movie :) there’s a bunch Of seasons on Netflix. it’s a good anime.  
Ouran Host Club..I didnt know that was an anime til recently..I watched the live action a while back (dramanice) and then saw it on Netflix recently.. another one I liked was Maid  Sama  (she’s super smart and the ML likes that and lets her be who she is w/o changing her .and protects/watches over her..also  Sword art online .  ..fairy tail but I stopped after a few seasons...

Has anyone seen Hows Moving Castle? If you like anime you’d like that movie it’s one of my favorites.  It’s a young lady who has terrible self esteem and  whose turned into an old lady by the with of the waste...bc the wizard Howl paid her attention to her and she has to find a way to break her curse and also help Howl..FL is funny spunky and Howl falls in love with her.....it’s good its in Japanese but I like the English speaking version better bc Billy Crystal and  Lauren Bacall are in it 

ok I’m off :)

Yassss DO was awesome in it no matter what anyone says. His character suited him so much lol.

I've watched Ouran High school host club original anime which was much better than the live actions. Haha I watched all those shoujo animes XD I'm a sucker for old romance animes. The news ones aren't doing it for me. Instead, Ive been watching a lot of mystery thriller ones like Promised Neverland, Demon Slayer, and recently Tower of God (originally a Korean manga). 

I think that's why I've been watching a lot of detective shows lately, too like Stranger and Signal (female lead same as Hyena!). 

And Yes, I watched Howl's Moving Castle!! So cute, my fav studio ghibli film. <3 

Omo :) you’re  so right about  Ouran ..I wasn’t sure what to make of it initially...it was so over the top:) i had just watched “Moonlight drawn by clouds ” where  the FL dresses as a boy . I was checking out at all the rom coms like that (that’s how I found bromance :) 

right now we are watching the anime .the Devil is a part timer..so funny:) 

a really good detective like story ..with going back in time was  Tunnel..I love  the lead.. he’s a cop trying to figure out a murder that spans the years and he ends up going back in time ..it was well done.  The killer is very evil..yep they usually are..hehe

A really good J drama was “switched”,I loved the story...an unpopular teen switches places with a popular (but.nice teen ) and somehow she has to find a way to get back to her original body ...the way you get switched is erie they really did a great job with the story. the moral is that you just because you take someones place you still take you and all your “emotional stuff” too ..6 eps and I binged it ..it was  that good....some quick Japanese movies that I liked were :

From me to you...Heroine disqualified,  one week friends ..say I love you.. wolf girl black prince ..Closest love to heaven (really adorable) .. Paradise Kiss is on my list so I will let you know what I think
ok going walking now :) everyone take care 

Oh my gosh I know what J drama you are talking about .li saw that a while back..that was really  good ..i think I found it bc I had watched the ML in another drama ..he is a really popular J actor and I like his stuff. oh.....ok I found it:) it’s was called “nobuta wo produce” and that was a HS type drama where they make over this really gloomy girl..it was a fun movie and then i looked at his history and that is where  I found Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi  henge (I’ll have you know I had to keep closing this page to check the spelling!!:) hehe...he kind of reminds me of the actor Sato Takeru.  it’s amazing to me how similar we are with dramas.. :). 

Moonlight drawn by clouds.. loved it ..the first episodes are beyond funny seriously lol reallyfunny when she first meets the prince (but does not find out who he is til like episode 4  or 5 ) and how she treats him (she has lived like a boy for as long as she can remember and was abandoned at a very young age) so everyone thinks she’s a he. at first  he harasses her  then they become friends and establish a really good relationship as best buddies. which I liked...he doesn’t realize she’s a girl until ep 8 ?And when he does it’s very sweet...so the first 5 or 6 eps  are seriously funny.  When he starts to like her (thinking she’s a boy) it allows them to interact with each other in a new way ..he backs off but not too much..the chemistry is awesome.. 

...then it gets a bit deep /sad for about 3 episodes (she has a past she knew  nothing about) but you get all the answers and then its good :) 

I would watch it again..it did amazing in the ratings. That was the first time i saw park Bo gum ....and the FL. Is perfect ..absolutely perfect ..I think they are dating in real life...

oh speaking of which did you ever see Splash Splash Love? it’sVERY funny quick watch (just 2 episodes) if you can ,..watch that first . she comes. From the future and the king thinks she is a eunuch but he wants her to teach him math and knowledge (theres Funny scenes on you tube from that) in fact I think I watched it on U tube initially....)  both leads have amazing chemistry  there should have been more episodes..(and in episode 2 the kisses are like wow for a k drama ) he really likes her and he shows it.   Also .the FL in that makes a cameo in Moonlight at the end and I didn’t understand it til I watched splash.. and I was like oh that’s who that is......she is also one of my favorites..she was in Queen of the Ring ..another excellent quick 4 part drama so worth it.(funny romcom) .pretty much everything the leads from Splash Splash have been in I watch 

as I’m writing about it I’m thinking I’m going to watch it again...and Moonlight..I absolutely LOVE the first few episodes i laughed so hard.there is a scene where FL is taking a test to be a Eunich and she is trying to fail it bc she needs to leave before they find out she is a girl ..and Park B is making her pass by pretending to be a Proctor for the  test and she is ready to murder him and he keeps changing her answers and filling them in..the looks she gives him and he gives her are priceless. 

I think it was like  the second K drama I watched and I wa hooked from there.  I remember thinking what wa I gonna watch that would compare to that..little did I know::):)

ok Take care:)

oh Thats right..at the end..sweet move with the skull..he’s a really popular actor in Japan..he always plays the part of the  “beautiful male" ...and that was a fun drama loved her goth look 

Splash..seeing As you and I have such similar taste  you  will really enjoy it..  it’s funny romantic and the Chemistry between the leads is perfect and it’s only 2 episodes so it goes too quick...loved some of the music..the ML was in the band  I think it was Beast? The second ML is now really popular and was inQueen of the ring with the FL from Splash.. I didn’t recognize him at first then I was like...wait a minute you were in Splash with her... (i see a lot of that transitioning from the bands to acting.) .   at the end they Have the outtakes.. the song at the end of episode 1 was really good.. when he is running in the rain ..and when they are at the shore by the water..

queen of the ring is a quick one also  the FL is not traditional pretty but she is funny (Kim Seul Gi ) she is in love with this gorgeous guy  and he doesn’t notice her ..but  her mom has this ring that when you put it on the one you love sees you as beautiful. So she wears it and  he starts to date her on;y the one he sees her as is her friend who  he met a year ago ..so when her friend comes back she realizes this and tries  to work around it..  however the friend is totally different and he knows something is up,  but it works out in a really good way.. it’s a feel good if your not beautiful drama...I really like everything Kim has been in..she’s who she is and is not concerned about not being traditional drama pretty .  lemme know what you think if you watch any of them (I started on Moonlight again..but gonna watch Splash tonite when Im done with classes )

enjoy:)

you gotta love BBC...:) I’ve never seen Poirot..I’m pretty sure that’s Agatha christie.....? shes great  and when I was younger I read Nancy Drew..(.loved her spunk)

.  I recently saw a commercial on you tube for a British show for a woman who solves crime but gets into trouble and it looked interesting...I looked for it  and of course I can’t find it..but it looks really good..I’ll let you know when I find it 

oh .right...there was a k drama  2018?  with a woman who solves crimes and she is REALLY good..like Sherlock..sees all the clues..and  a hothead detective and he’s good   He’s like a tough guy and they work entirely different...and  she is much better and  somehow she keeps getting in his way until he realizes she is spot on.

.theres other stories going on and all the characters are very  good..  small town woman unassuming type thing..... called “Mystery Queen..”did you see it? Had 2 seasons first season was awesome..she and the police detective battle at first then learn to work together.. they really understand each other as time goes on..

second season was good but not as good as first..I still watched it.   second season they could have done so much more with it..(and that’s why at times we need to rewrite the dramas:)hehe

IKR British TV is great..and British actors writers. .:) i love the remakes of Shakespeare  Jane Austin dickens.. and such.  I also loved the Hobbit ,  Lord of the rings....Chronicles of Narnia   i read everything when I was a kid.. (avengers and anything with dragons:)

have you ever seen Monk? It s about a guy who had OCD and solves crimes..and the mentalist.. I enjoyed that one it was similar to Castle with the  FL interest in the latter seasons .

Mystery Queen had the possibility of a romance with the leads in season 2 ...a lot happens in season 1 and you see them learn to work together as this amazing crime solving team...lots of fun bantering ,.,,but nope ..season 2 they went off in a  strange direction..  and I have to say it was a let down bc they set them up as such a great (possible) couple... however season 1 was great and you really see her grow.  The FL lead from that is coming out in a   new drama So I may check that out. 

have You been watching any good dramas?  I’ve been meaning to start Born Again ..and currently watching King Eternal Monarch episode 4 was the best so far.  It’s funny as soon as I started Hyena I was hooked..but I havent found  another drama like that yet... .. I tried Rugal  but it was too violent for me ..also watching C drama Girlfriend 2020..it’s really cute and the leads have great chemistry.

ok ttys:)

I love that ML..my first ever drama was Noble my Love . It was on Netflix ..he was the lead and I knew nothing about chaebols or anything  about the korean culture.. (I didnt even know theynhad dramas)...yes you can feel sorry for me :):lol from that moment on I was hooked.  

i  thought who is this person (my gosh  what amazing bone structure!!) I loved the bantering...and  wondered why is his mom so mean.to the FL ?  .little did I know.... i loved the ending...it wa a cute rom com..and I was hooked 

I also liked Him in  oh my Venus .. I did want to see I picked up a star on the road.  It looked cute but got mixed reviews. But I will def check it out:)m

My secret love is on Netflix its on my to watch list. Oh ..level up I did see it..it’s   very cute but there is no romance.  There is a hysterical bee scene that was LOL ...but as far as romance ...It alludes to it and I think there is a brief kiss in the last episode but it’s was not the main part of the story.. it was more of a close friendship type thing.. but  it was funny ..I don’t think they utilized him to his potential.. he was a similar character to NML . that strong dominating type of person.. and the potential with the FL was there  but it missed it somehow..anyhoo let me know what you think.. I did enjoy it though:)

I do like the lead in CTG and TON...she was great in Radio Romance.. i also want to see her in now to buy a friend.. I honestly need to clone myself so I can watch all these.. so HTBAF is on my long list.. before I watch that I really want to see Born again..that looks good. (reincarnation) aahhh... also ..i Like the leads in that one and the story looks good.  
 Right now I’m watching classes on line and writing up protocols for when we go back to work as I do facials (skin care) and can’t put a mask on my clients :)  So my brain is on overload!!:)

omg so true.. as soon as I get bored I’m on to the next one and weeks later I’m like..what happened to that drama...? I used to watch a drama til the end even if it wasn’t good..now I’m like..nope done onto my list ..haha    

Aww seriously we have similar tastes! Even I love that Ml's looks and keep staring at his jaws thinking how can someone have such perfect jawline! :D Hehe And was he there in oh my venus too? I don't remember him in it... Which role was he in? I only remember ml and fl clearly in it... *scratching my head thinking hard right now* :D

Also, you like 'reincarnation' plots too? Wow! Hi5! I love them too and especially me being Indian and all, it kinda goes with everything we say in real life for fun between friends or family... Like for example if something seems too far out of our reach, we say in jest that maybe we will get it in next life! Hehe Or if someone irritates us, we say for fun " my god I don't know what bad karma I did in previous life that I have to bear with you now! " hehe :D And apart from that they are also a fav plot theme in Indian and South East Asian movies too, so it's like even if the end is bad now, they will show them uniting in next life and by that they can change a tragedy ending to happy ending like they did in Hotel de luna! :D

And err what's HTBAF? I am bad at abbreviations in general and especially of dramas... :) 

Btw M, even though your clients can't mask themselves, you please take care of yourself and mask yourself properly... Buy good N 95 or 99 masks and use them, they are of great help. Just remember to sanitize or wash your hands with soap everytime before touching your mask and face area in general as the virus mostly get stuck to one's hands while touching any possibly infected surface and then we unknowingly transfer it near our nose/mouth while touching our face or adjusting our mask with that unwashed hands... 

Take care! :) <3