Hi everyone. I come from Brazil and my name is Rodrigo. I'm 21 years old and am majoring in computer science. Through the last six years I took one of the most common paths to get to know the korean culture (Anime -> J-Music -> K-Music -> K-Dramas/Variety Shows). I'm hoping to find some friends that have the same interests as me, so we can talk about all that. So.. yeah, that's it :3
Hello and welcome! Yup, that's pretty much how I got into k-dramas and variety shows, except I watched j-dramas before k-dramas. You should try some j-dramas too! Oh! Which variety shows do you watch? My favorites are Infinity Challenge, Running Man, and Family Outing.
Welcome to MDL! I started with anime as well. Which led to J-music and Jdramas, then both Kdramas and K music. XD
Welcome! I started with Anime and graduated to jdramas and then kdramas/tdramas as well and now I can't stop
Thanks!
Which j-drama would you recommend me? The genre doesn't matter for me. If the story is good, I'm in :3

About variety shows just to name a few(and why i like them):
Running Man (great cast, perfect synergy, giraffe ftw)
Family Outing (for the same reasons that I love RM, except for the giraffe part :3)
Happy Together (one of the best talk shows currently airing, unfortunately due to low ratings the show was remodeled and the new corner 'late night cafeteria' is not that fun)
Strong Heart (the MCs were great (Kang Ho Dong/Lee Seung Gi and later Shin Dong Yup/Lee Dong Wook))

There are many others that I like, but there are just few episodes worth watching (Weekly Idol, All the K-pop, We got Married...) the list goes On and On.
Pride & Love Shuffle are my recommendations for jdramas. I think those are two that everyone should watch if they have a chance.

Also, you should swim over to the Recommendation forum and make a post - plenty of very helpful people in this community.
Thank you! I'm gonna give this Love Shuffle a chance ^^
hpp715 wrote: Thank you!
I'm gonna give this Love Shuffle a chance ^^

It's one of the best "psychological" dramas I have had the pleasure of watching
Welcome to MDL!!! I think I started with mangas first, then anime..although i don't watch as much now, since most of my spare time is spent on k-dramas, J-dramas ,K-pop and Korean variety shows :D
@hpp715- I totally agree with you on the reasons why you love Running Man and Family Outing, the cast is perfect <3, except even though I love the giraffe, I have to say the monday boyfriend is my favorite, followed by the grasshopper. Have you tried Infinity Challenge? That show I think also has an amazing cast, and their music festival that they just put on was amazing! As for Strong Heart and Happy Together, I've watched a few episodes here and there and really liked them, but for some reason I just can't get into them enough to watch a lot of episodes. And I agree with Egobandit about Love Shuffle, it's really good. I'd also really recommend Liar Game. Let me know if there is a certain genre you're looking for, or if you want recommendations for korean or taiwanese dramas as well. I saw you had Time Slip Dr. Jin on your ptw, I just finished Jin which is the original series that the korean one is based off of, and I thought it was pretty good. I've heard it's better than the korean remake, you may want to check it out.
Hi and Welcome to MDL :D
same as me...started with anime--->jdrama--->jpop(mainly morning musume)---->kpop(started with SNSD)--->kdrama--->kpop--->variety show(love letter-xmen-golden fishery-heroin-family outing-runningman).
Hi! Im the great Rascal of MDL!
@FullDex Yes, I watched some episodes of Infinity Challenge, but I couldn't find the older episodes with english subs. I've found Love Shuffle on asiatorrents, already downloading it ^^. The Liar Game I heard about it before and currently I'm reading the manga. I'm not much of a j-drama fan, but I'll search for this Jin too. Feel free to make any recommendations of dramas that you guys think worth watching (: Now I'm only into K-Dramas, but I have an open mind :3
another dude, awesome. welcome to mdl, man.