Liar Game My Boss My Hero Unubore Deka BOSS 1 & 2
5-Tonbi 4-Love Shuffle 3-Youkai Nigen Bem 2-Tatta hitotsu no koi 1-Kimi wa petto
orange days maou bloody monday kazoku game dream again rich man poor woman
1- Stand Up!! 2- Nodame Cantabile 3- Last Friends
Top favorite Japanese dramas are: Tonbi Mother The queen's classroom Orange Days Daisuki 1 litre of tears Pride
I think that after six months (or there about) I'm still something of a newbie; "of all time" doesn't mean the same for me as for those of you who have wtached j-dramas for years, obviously! It has been interesting to read this thread to see what people's favourites are. I have seen (and agree with) some of the choices, but there are also many that seem popular that I haven't watched yet. Some of them are already on my PTW list.

So far, my favourites are Kimi wa petto and Orange Days!

I also really liked:

Rich Man, Poor Woman
Gokusen (s 1)
Mitsu no aji
Hana Yori Dango
Bambino!
The Tempest
Last Cinderella
Liar Game (I've only seen the first season so far)

So far, Kimi wa petto has been the drama that made me react the strongest, emotionally, because I felt that I could relate to Sumire in so many ways. (I mean the way she feels about herself and her place in the world, etc.) And the relationship between her and Momo was interesting and (probably?) unique. Also, I think you'd have to be made of stone if you're not moved by Momo's cuteness.

But I loved Orange Days almost as much. It's very different from Kwp, so comparsion is a bit unfair, but I found the characters and story very captivating and likeable. It made me very happy to discover a drama like this.

Rich Man, Poor Woman was the first j-drama I watched, and I was surprised that I liked it so much. It made me fall hard for j-drama, love at first sight. I should probably re-watch it in a year or two, to see how I feel about it with more to compare it with.

It was when I watched Hana Yori Dango (the fourth or fifth drama I watched) that I realized I had become a drama addict, because I finished it really quickly and barely wanted to go to sleep... I have mixed feelings about it, though. It was a... seductive drama I guess; it pulled me in almost from the first moment and I watched it obsessively, I laughed out loud sometimes and even talked to the cats, and when I had finished both seasons, I was sad that it was over. But there were also many things I found annoying and stupid with it. I don't think I want to re-watch it, because I'm afraid I wouldn't like it as much the second time. (It was not this drama that taught me to appreciate MatsuJun.) I wonder if I'm the only one who has this kind of mixed feelings about HYD...

I'm going to watch the rest of the Liar Game series sometime, because I really enjoyed it. I like this kind of drama a lot, even though most of the j-dramas I've watched so far has been romance!
My favorite j-drama would be Liar Game. Not without its share of problems, but with interesting story/games, funny characters and fantastic soundtrack. It was one of the first i watched and totally the best drama so far (and that didn't change after reading manga).
For the second place i would go with Keizoku 2: SPEC. While i only recently tried original Keizoku and am still stuck at the first episode, SPEC captured my heart pretty quickly. Yeah it wasn't that interesting at first, cause i am not a fan of episodic stories, but even then something was going on - something really awesome. And the weird sci-fi subplot escalated quickly into weird, funny and different japanese Heroes (US TV series) version which surely had to be produced when smoking some serious strong stuff. I would have to say, SPEC is one of a kind, that's why i love it.
And the third place goes to Hana Yori Dango. And i would 'blame' Mao Inoue for that. Seriously, she was amazing in this series. And i don't mind romance once in a while. Really upbeat, funny romantic comedy with some sad emotions once in a while.
Koizora and Love Shuffle :D
DNI wrote: And the weird sci-fi subplot escalated quickly into weird, funny and different japanese Heroes (US TV series) version which surely had to be produced when smoking some serious strong stuff. I would have to say, SPEC is one of a kind, that's why i love it.

Really?! I miss Heroes so much! I think I should watch this, then. :)
Not in any order: Runaway~Aisuru Kimi no Tame ni Tokyo Dogs 11nin mo iru! MR BRAIN Tonbi
Mine was : ~1 Litre Of Tears ~Bloody Monday ~Inu wo Kau to Iu Koto ~Nodame Cantabile ~Hungry! ~Hotaru no Hikari
Hmmm.....Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, Suzuki Sensei, 1st chapter of JIN, Yuusha Yoshihiko, and Jikou Keisatsu
Mine would be Orange Days and Kekkon Dekinai Otoko.