Mine are: Zettai Kareshi (very first drama) Love Shuffle Liar Game Hana Yori Dango
definitely... love shuffle definitely...love that show... and all time hana kimi!!! i love mr.brain too..
Liar Game Bloody Monday
Sorry, i may have said this already
Soredmo ikite yuku.
Definitely 1 litre of tears and Mischievous kiss love in tokyo (also known as itazura na kiss and theres an older jdrama version and a korean and thai i think) the one with Honoka Miki and Yuki Furukawa in it (Swoooon)

bumping this thread.. I need some J- recommendations. 

My all time favourite are:

Hana kimi (You'll might die out of lol-ing too much)

Kazoku game (This one is intense >< The story is wonderful!)

Saki ni umareta dake no boku (I haven't watch this one yet but I HIGHLY recommend this one..it is not your usual high school story..a beautiful story I could say)

Mikeneko Holmes no suiri (It's a light comedy detective story...nothing too heavy)

Maou (This one is great too!)

Delicious Gakuin (This one is also a light short comedy series evolved around students want to enhance their cooking skill...I like this one..it's light)

I really loved Woman of Dignity and rated it higher than any drama ever.  Gave my first 10/10...but the dramas that stay in my heart and sing to me, that I re-watch often, that I wonder about the characters and how they'd behave, long after the drama is finished are:

1 Faith
2 Healer
3 Mary Stayed Out All Night
4 Moon Lovers - Scarlet Heart Ryeo

Faith and Healer are both by writer nim Song Ji Na (my favourite writer - it might also be good to look up A Man's Story and The Legend - two more of her dramas that are also brilliant but rewatch value isn't high)

(Moon lovers is a bit different to the others mostly because it's beautiful, i love the music and i have a theory about Hae Soo that i'm sure might eventually result in essays. basically i don't just rewatch for love.)

I'm not a big fan or avid watcher so it would probably be a tossup:

100-manen no Onna-tachi

The Hero Yoshihiko and the _____ - any of the three seasons really

Nobunaga Concerto

I would probably go with Nobunaga  Concerto judging from that list. The average Japanese show and even some of the highly rated ones come across as shallow and ridiculous.

Movie: Blade of the Immortal

Drama: I have trouble choosing between Pride, Mr. Brain, Nankyoku Tairiku and Long Vacation

Yes, I am a Takuya Kimura Biased. :)

Depends on my mood ANYTHING with MY KAME....ehem i mean Kamenashi -san...Even ptojk

Classic oldie but goodie Nobuta wo Produce if I had to choose 1

My j-favs

Suki na hito ga iru koto 

Ouroboros 

Osozaki no himawari 

Bloody Monday! (It was my first drama so I think has a special meaning to me, but it's actually very good!!)

Kaitou tantei Yamaneko : just whoah. Im thinking about it everyday (not joking!! ) and The only reason why I'm not re-re-re(...)re watching it again I see because I know it by heart already. 

Ouroboros: well, Shun oguri, detective story... totally my taste

For movies... crow zero1&2, Real (with satoh takeru)... 

Pride 

second love

tatta hitotsu no koi

yamato nadeshiko shichi henge

N no Tame Ni

Quartet

Legal High

Ouroboros

Orange Days