Jeaniessi wrote: Movie: Ikigami ~ The Ultimate Limit. (Please take into account that I am a total newbie to Jdramas.

Drama: Pride, Love Shuffle, Liar Game. (I will stop here but there are MORE)

For a newbie, you're doing good. ;)
Movie: Memories of Matsuko / Love Letter 1995 Drama: Mother / The Queen's Classroom >> Subtle/Complex/Creative (ness)
Best Drama: Love Shuffle. If you like Nodame then you probably would like Love Shuffle. It has Chiaki-senpai in it. Best Movie: Ikigami ~ The Ultimate Limit or Go
Best drama : without a doubt Nobuta wo Produce, just love the main theme (friendship). Kagi no kakatta Heya isn't far, though (even if i didn't rate it 10). and many others I really really really enjoyed... Best movie : it's hard, cause I don't watch lots of movies. Maybe Ikigami. But I also really enjoyed Gantz (1 & 2). And I like Kurosawa's movies (slow path, but some kind of fascinating atmosphere). Oh, and I really liked Kimi ni todoke the movie (I cried so much). By the way, I do agree with Joe about Jeaniessi : quite good choices for a so-called newbie in J-drama. in fact, I don't see you as a newbie in this category.
I can't state one drama/film :p

Best Japanese dramas: Hana Kimi, Liar Game, Kurosagi, Yukan club, Mr. Brain and Life.
Love Shuffle, Hana Yori Dango, Pride and Buzzer Beat when it comes to romantic Japanese dramas.

Best Japanese films: You have to take in consideration that I adore Japanese horror films so my favorites will be: One missed call, the grudge, dark water, the ring, the curse and so on.

Other than horror, there's Confessions, Kimi Ni Todoke, Mother, GO, Drop.
hmmm...

Best Japanese Movie
sad/romance:Tada, Kimi wo Aishiteru - this movie is so heart-breaking ... I've never cried this much. It has such a nice story and the cast is..perfect.
Psychological..DEFINITELY: Confessions - again. I swear I've never seen a more disturbing movie! disturbing in a good way, though. Some people may find it...too dark I guess? but for me personally it's the best movie ever. It even got 10 in a row from the users making the reviews ^^ I'm kind of a newbie here on MDL and I don't really know how things are going here, but I bet that's not something that happens too often -> http://mydramalist.com/japanese-movie/721/confessions <- here, check it out if you don't believe me.

Best Japanese Drama
aah..this is really hard to choose.. but .. uhm, I think the best drama for me was Hana Yori Dango... I know, I know.. I'm a little 'classic' but..what can I do? XD I love that dramas and I haven't seen that many drama so far that I could choose from.
Oh it's hard. I loove Norwegian wood. Anything related to haruki murakami or kenichi matsuyama really. Hana kimi the first Japanese version will also always have a special spot in my heart. ^^
Drama: Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, hands down. Movie: Bandage. The soundtrack is excellent, too.
For me, most special drama is Hana Yori Dango. Not only was it my first drama I also think it has one of the best stories ever. <3 But there are lot of others dramas I cherish- like Buzzer Beat, Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, Nobuta wo Produce and Hotaru no Hikari. My favourite movies include Ring, Battle Royale, Tada Kimi wa Aishiteru and Shinobi. :)
Drama: MR. BRAIN, Liar Game Movie: Koizora
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: Best Drama: Love Shuffle. If you like Nodame then you probably would like Love Shuffle. It has Chiaki-senpai in it.

Best Movie: Ikigami ~ The Ultimate Limit or Go

I Should Thennn :)
Movie: Corws Zero - I just loved the acting, the cast and the soundtrack, which I consider up to this day one of the best

Drama: A Sleeping Forest - it was one of my first Japanese dramas, it's quite old but the plot was so amazing I watched it all in 1 day (I was sick and had to stay in bed that day)
Hana Kimi, because it is the first Japanese drama that i've ever watched since I stop for over 2 years. Since I watched it last May 2012, it gives me the courage to be addicted in Asian dramas again :) hahaha :))
Movie would have to be Kamui Gaiden starring Matsuyama Kenichi, absolutely loved it. Drama would be a toss up between Hana Kimi and Ouran High School Host Club, these are the 2 that started my love of Jdramas.
Drama : Honey and Clover Movie : 1lt of tears (better than tv series version)