MDL Link:Mr. Brain

Synopsis:

Tsukumo Ryusuke is a quirky, yet brilliant neuroscientist working for the National Research Institute of Police Science. Wielding a unique perspective and psychology, Tsukumo tackles the nation's most baffling crimes and scandals, going head-to-head with the most brilliant and twisted criminal minds. But his eccentricities and poor social timing can also aggravate people and circumstances, further complicating matters. --TBS

Cast:

Kimura Takuya as Tsukumo Ryusuke
Ayase Haruka as Yuri Kazune
Mizushima Hiro as Hayashida Toranosuke
Kagawa Teruyuki as Tanbara Tomomi
Daichi Mao as Sasa Miharu
Tanaka Yuji as Natsume Mitsuo
Tortoise Matsumoto (トータス松本) as Nanba Jotaro
Hiraizumi Sei as Funaki Junpei
Shitara Osamu as Kanda Junichi
Yamazaki Shigenori as Ochi Koichi
SHIHO as Mariko
Kinoshita Yukina as the cleaning lady
Isaka Shunya (井坂俊哉) as Namikoshi Katsumi
Hayashi Yasufumi as Iwabuchi Kiyoshi
Kobayashi Katsuya (小林克也) as Seta Ippei

Stats:

Title: MR. BRAIN
Format: Renzoku
Genre: Comedy, mystery
Episodes: 8
Viewership rating: 20.0 (Kanto)
Broadcast network: TBS
Broadcast period: 2009-May-23 to 2009-Jul-11
Air time: Saturday 20:00
Theme song: JUMP by Van Halen

Not Really a Trailer but close!

I know a lot of us have watched this. I am just starting! What did you think if you did watch? If you didn't watch...are you going to someday?
It was a good solid drama, outperformed my expectations. Much more intelligent and addicting than I had expected it to be.
bannie wrote: It was a good solid drama, outperformed my expectations.
Much more intelligent and addicting than I had expected it to be.

Good to know! I just keep hearing great things about this so I will be diving in and watching very soon!
yup..really like this kind of drama.. gonna re-watch this one of this days
after seeing the thread I think I'm going to re-watch it, like right now :D really, really awesome drama :D
It was really amazing :D if you are into mysteries and puzzles, this is one of the dramas that you must watch :D because of this drama I found my passion and I decided on what I am gonna major in college :D I give this drama 10/10 ^^ and I could rewatch it over and over again :D. Similar dramas that may interest you along Mr. Brain is The Quiz Show, Bloody Monday and Hidarime Tantei Eye ^^
I haven't tried Bloody Monday yet but I LOVE the Liar Game Series and that definitely counts as a sort of mystery/puzzle drama. I am just catching up on some Kdramas today and then I will start Mr. Brain.
Yeah Liar game is amazing :D if you liked it ,you will like Mr. Brain ;) hope I am not exaggerating though xD
I saw the first episode & it didnt blow me away I have it on hold to pick up when the mood takes me
RainFlower wrote: I saw the first episode & it didnt blow me away I have it on hold to pick up when the mood takes me

Yeah, actually the first few episodes aren't that catching, I was gonna drop it as well. But eventually I liked it :P
OMG I LOVE THIS ! I've seen it 2 times~~ And one certain part of ep 2 like million times XD
kyaaaaaa....One of my favorite drama ever!!!! It's kinda unique and as usual Kimmy was good..very good!!! My favorite ep. was with Yankumi:-) I want season 2 of this...
I forgot about this drama's cases... >__< i only remember about their jankenpon; tell the opponent that you can read their mind, then throw a paper..then you'll win...lol well, i remember i enjoyed this drama a lot, tho.. i love both kimutaku and ayase haruka.. <3
soracantabile wrote: I forgot about this drama's cases... >__<
i only remember about their jankenpon; tell the opponent that you can read their mind, then throw a paper..then you'll win...lol

well, i remember i enjoyed this drama a lot, tho..
i love both kimutaku and ayase haruka.. <3

I remember mostly of the episodes because when people ask me why I like watching japanese drama I always give this drama as example...I always tell them how brilliant this drama..and how they use brain analysis in solving cases...

It's a really cool drama..but some episodes also made me sad:-(