SayItAintSoJoe wrote: Again, I love you for this comment. I also realized all of these things. That's why I didn't understand why anyone would not like the ending or even wish for a special. Thank you explaining this for the "slower" viewers.

Hey Joe! Thanks! ;) This will land as my first fave Jdrama, thanks to you! It just strikes a chord that I can't fully explain. The story is airtight and it has all the elements that I was looking for. And while it was leaning on the creepy or disturbing, I found the fantasy fascinating. I even learned a lot of things about mythological creatures and dream symbols. Did I mention I like mythology and dreams too?^_^

OFF-T: This drama also made a Keiko Kitagawa fangirl out of my 13-y.o., (and while she was looking for Paradise Kiss on yt, she got side-tracked and dramathoned Yamapi's Buzzer Beat in two days LOL!) after looking at Keiko's profile, she started watching her dramas and movies starting with Paradise Kiss and now with Mop Girl~~would you believe it!
I loved this and five bucks says that they're going to have a special and I'm pretty sure we can all figure out who Akumu-Chan's daddy is~But this drama was so twisty so it might not be dun dun dun... I'm definitely hoping for a special or even better a season 2! That would be so awesome. <3
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: True. The ending made it so much better! love you sumi!

???
i do agree with you, I don't think a special or any other season is needed, I'm satisfied with this ending, which is quite rare!
That said, there are high chances I would watch them if they make it.
I personally just want a special or second season because I enjoyed the characters too much and I hate how short JDramas are! But that's often why they are goo dramas, they know when to quit. Either way I loved Akumu Chan <3
@dianne1990: wish i knew who that one was.
@dapinaymrs: the reason why was frustrated was because of gackt's death. XD and i ship both of them in this drama. anyways i replayed the last part again and i still couldn't figure out who the guy might be. ._.
@sayitaintsojoe: hi. sorry about my post. i'll post things that could contain spoilers white next time. my theory was just my imagination. no need to be that mad. i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who has theories in her head in every drama ending. again, i apologize for being dense.
Lindysaducos wrote: @dapinaymrs: the reason why was frustrated was because of gackt's death. XD and i ship both of them in this drama. anyways i replayed the last part again and i still couldn't figure out who the guy might be. ._.

I didn't at first either. My daughter had to pause it for me to get it. If you've seen him elsewhere (in an MV or another drama perhaps, the smile ought to be familiar.

Edit: I forgot to add. Joe, don't be a meanie! ;P
Lindysaducos wrote: @dianne1990: wish i knew who that one was.
@dapinaymrs: the reason why was frustrated was because of gackt's death. XD and i ship both of them in this drama. anyways i replayed the last part again and i still couldn't figure out who the guy might be. ._.
@sayitaintsojoe: hi. sorry about my post. i'll post things that could contain spoilers white next time. my theory was just my imagination. no need to be that mad. i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who has theories in her head in every drama ending. again, i apologize for being dense.

lol you're right. You're not the only one who was confused. That's why I was kinda mad. I wondered how so many people could be confused and unsatisfied because of it when it so obvious and satisfying to me. That, and I was a little tired and grumpy at the time of the post. But again I apologize for being a meanie. And I mean that sincerely, not sarcastiscly. Gomenasai. I'll try not to post when I'm in a bad mood again.
diane1990 wrote: maybe it's me but i saw clearly who the father was because of the smile that man gave (i know only one person who smiles like that :) or maybe because i'm a huge fan of him that i can recognize his smile). i'm like 80% sure of who it is)

Loved the ending and i so hope there will be a special.

I loved the ending and the drama overall. That's why I want MORE!

dapinaymrs wrote: I thought the ending was a perfectly happy one. :) If I knew that Akumu-chan's dreams are happening for real say 80-95% of the time, rather than accepting it as it is, I can change it, right?

SPOILER: >>Takashi already saw the dream card and changed his plan at the last part (which was calling the police at the yacht). He went along and played the bad guy, and wore seal masks and black outfits with his assistant and abducted Akumu-chan just like in her dream. If he had the ability to change the outcome of the dream, how much more so with his "death."

The only thing we are missing here is how they could have shown that he already stashed a diving suit with an oxygen tank somewhere or a life boat anchored nearby. His plunge into the water gave us the impression that he died or committed suicide because there were no images that proved otherwise.
<<

My daughter and I watched the last episode at least a couple of times and pause it at the end where the man smiles when he walks in. The very phrase that Ayami-sensei utters already gives you the answer to your question. "It's just like a dream." she said, and then the episode ends just like Akumu-chan's dream ended.

SPOILER:>>The thing I appreciate the most with that is that as the credits roll in, I get to realize that all the while Takashi has been so adamant in taking Yuiko with him or trying to help her with her dreams is perhaps an indication of his desire to provide for her/support her as his role as a parent and no other hidden agenda. This also explains a couple of things: for one, in Ayami-sensei's dream, he is the Dream Prince and not once did he become a bad guy in her dreams--nor in Yuiko's, and two, in her last dream where she fetches Yuiko back from her subconsciousness, I got to realize that both Yumenoke (symbolizing Yuiko's mom) has always been there just as the Dream Prince (symbolyzing her love interest, and also Yuiko's father) has always been there. Both were looking out for her and Yuiko.<< ^__^

Yeah it is pretty obvious who the guy at the end is. Maybe it is for me at least, since I am a huge fan of his!
ReverieTear wrote: I personally just want a special or second season because I enjoyed the characters too much and I hate how short JDramas are! But that's often why they are goo dramas, they know when to quit. Either way I loved Akumu Chan <3

Same here! I just want more coz it's really rare to see a good/satisfying dramas. I'll SO watch 2nd season or the special if they decide to make one!
Will there be a sequel?
I started watching this show last night and, bad CG aside, it's pretty interesting.
Ari_Lee wrote: I started watching this show last night and, bad CG aside, it's pretty interesting.

i give you props for telling me to watch this first :)
It's been awhile since i watched a really good interesting j drama. CG was bad but it was kept mainly in the dream world so it didnt bother me as much. And i gotta say i loved the ending!