MrsLeeSeoJin wrote:
Midaregumo, also know as Two in the Shadow or Scattered Clouds (1967)

I haven't seen this one. Need to check it.

wrote: When a Woman Ascends the Stairs (1960)

This film is beautifully made. At the end I almost cried not only 'cause drama of the main character (btw, played by Takemine Hideko who started as a child actor in Ozu's films) but how amazingly the story was written.

"Gemini" will be in the database when I add it, lol.

And of course, Godzilla is the classic on many levels ;)
BlindedByTheShining wrote:
And of course, Godzilla is the classic on many levels ;)

I dare say that the 1954 film paved the way for Ultraman, Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, and of course, the other Kaiju films and shows. It kickstarted the whole tokusatsu craze.
I recently watched a horror classic from 1963. Anyone else watch the movie Matango? I saw a trailer for it long ago and always wanted to give it a try. It was a decent watch. :)

I also have to mention a favorite of mine that I stumbled upon in high school. I think it's pushing the limits and not quite a classic, but it's inching closer to that status. lolAdrenaline Drive was a very fun watch! I even gave it a second watch last year to see if it was as good as I remembered. Turns out it was better than I remembered. xD

Of course, I can't leave out my Zilly (Godzilla). :3 I really enjoyed those movies, used to catch them on Mystery Science 3000 or sometimes on ScyFy channel. I just wish I could remember which ones I have completed and which ones I only saw clips of....
Judo_Aniki wrote: I dare say that the 1954 film paved the way for Ultraman, Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, and of course, the other Kaiju films and shows. It kickstarted the whole tokusatsu craze.

You don't need to dare, you stated a fact.