Title (romaji): Kingyo Club
Format: Renzoku
Genre: Drama
Episodes: 10
Viewership rating: 2.3%
Broadcast network: NHK
Broadcast period: 2011-Jul-23 to 2011-Oct-01

Irie plays Hiiragi Haru, a third-year high school student with no real interest in women or higher education, instead choosing to live his life idly. When he notices a first-year student named Harukawa Koto being bullied, he lends her a hand, and the two form a â??goldfish clubâ? just for themselves. While love begins to bloom between them, the bullying against Koto continues to escalate. --- Tokyograph

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I wonder if anyone here's watching this drama.
It had very low rates at the time of airing, but I can't understand why. In my humble opinion, it's a wonderful drama. Sure, it isn't funny, nor a light watch, but it's very well acted, it's thought-provoking, disturbing and yet very sweet.

I haven't completed it yet, because the subs for the last 3 episodes have still to come up.
Anyone?

:)
haven't seen it but sounds interesting. i'll add it to my list :)
I've seen it around, but I passed on viewing it because I thought it would be another cute high school love story. I'll add it to my "plan to watch" list now that you recommend it. I usually like the things you do :)
ladyfaile wrote: haven't seen it but sounds interesting. i'll add it to my list :)

Kawaikochan wrote: I've seen it around, but I passed on viewing it because I thought it would be another cute high school love story. I'll add it to my "plan to watch" list now that you recommend it. I usually like the things you do :)

I'm honoured by the confidence. :) I hope you won't be disappointed. As I said, the last 3 episodes are not subbed yet, but I'm planning to watch them raw because I need to know what happens now.
I can guarantee it is everything BUT cute though. It has a slow pace, but it's fast too, since each episode lasts only 20 minutes.
I'll come back when I complete it... possibly before you decide it's better to not add dramas to your list after my recommendations, LOL. ;)
it's a good drama. kinda quiet but there are some serious themes going on in this drama. the lead character has it really hard and i feel so sad for her. the writing and acting is good. and the romance in it thou slow developing balances out the seriousness of everything else going on. the male lead is cute but i didn't really notice in the beginning, i more like his character when he is with the female lead, when he is not with her i don't like him so much but even so he's a good guy and their relationship is slowly changing both of them for the better. i'm waiting for the last 3 epis to be subbed.

i put my feeling for this drama along the same as my feelings for i.s. i believe if u liked i.s. u will like kingyo club. keep in mind that the issues in kingyo club are handled a bit more on the extreme side than i.s.
this is in reference to the image in amarita's 1st post above. where did u copy that from amarita?
it kinda piss me off a bit...

in fact i'll just type what i have to say in the rant thread.
boutux wrote: this is in reference to the image in amarita's 1st post above. where did u copy that from amarita?
it kinda piss me off a bit...

in fact i'll just type what i have to say in the rant thread.

I simply copied and pasted from Dramawiki. What's the problem with it?
it's not the 1st time i've seen that image and ppl tend to get so territorial about the stupidest things. and it just seems so dumb to me to go through all that trouble because someone copied an image from ur site. i saw ur explanation about bandwidth on the rant thread and it clears that up a bit for me but still it seems stupid. idk *shrug* maybe there is a better way to go about telling ppl about the stresses of hotlinking than putting a msg like that on an image. esp if the person might not even be aware of what hotlinking is.
I'm a little confused, boutux. You mean the writing on the image says we shouldn't post the picture elsewhere? I can't read Japanese, so I thought it was the title of the drama.
If this is the case, I'm with you that it's stupid: the image can be found everywhere on google images. But the bandwidth clarifier wasn't me - I know nothing about bandwidths LOL and I never go to the rant thread, so I can't get the credit. :)
To be honest, I have never really bothered: if an image is available for everyone to download or copy the url of, I automatically assume it's free to be taken. Otherwise, they should just block it. And even if they do, I can always save it to my pc and upload it myself on any image hosting site.
no it was lisnor that clarified the bandwidth issue. but i get u.

anyways this thread is about kingyo club. still waiting for subs to finish this drama.
there are still no subs to finish the drama. this is just too lame.
Sadisfied wrote: there are still no subs to finish the drama.
this is just too lame.

Yeah, the last 2-3 episodes were never subbed =/
yep still waiting for that. i think it watched all the epis raw anyway but i can't remember how it ended
i watched all the epis raw but i can't remember how it ended and i am still waiting for subs...good drama
Skye-N-Rain wrote: Yeah, the last 2-3 episodes were never subbed =/

They finally were recently! Just no streaming videos for the last 3 episodes but the subtitles are here

Anyways, just started watching this drama last night and was surprised that the episodes were so short. Waiting on the last 2 episodes to finish downloading so I can finish them (why on earth would they include 15 extra minutes of a live shooting of something for the drama....it just takes it so much longer to download :/)

I'm actually really liking it, it really is a good drama and even though the actors are all young I think they're doing a really good job.