Akira!! <3 <3 Actually, the first time I saw him, he just annoyed me...I though : "Who the hell is this? Is he drunk, on drugs or something??"...and by the end of the first episode I was badly in love with him. Maybe it's because he acts silly all the time, but he's the most smart and mature of all the characters. Maybe it's because he's the friend everyone would like to have. ...or maybe it's just because he laughs like that. I swear, I couldn't stop myself...every single time I HAD to laugh with him!
I agree with what some people have said about Akira - at first I was like whoa what's with this guy? but then he grew on me quickly and I liked him!! You can tell with him it's all a front to hide how deep he really is inside!!
Just finished this drama :) My favourite character like most of you was Akira-kun!!! :) Hey I was wondering does anyone know what was up with the theme video/song at the end with the credits? Why is it all animated and how does it relate to the storyline at all o.o
dramahearts wrote: Hey I was wondering does anyone know what was up with the theme video/song at the end with the credits? Why is it all animated and how does it relate to the storyline at all o.o

actually, it's more related to the ending song "Seishun Amigo" ;)
look up at the lyrics translation ;)
Love the drama. The end was a bit to un romantic for me. I liked the relationship with akira and ????? ok so maybe i just liked akira. "Akira Shoku". But i would have preffered if Akira and Nobuta would have followed ?????? Ok so maybe i just wanted Akira and Nobuta together. By episode four i was thinking if she ends up with the other guy and not akira i would swear off Asain drama for life(and probably mean it for about a day) so i'm not as disapointed with this ending but i would have liked to see them together and i don't get why he had to give up on her at all. Infact writing this i'm starting to get mad about it. Akira was supportive of her the whole time unlike Mr. Universe. I mght just swear off drama yet(for about an hour)
Thisguy2011 wrote: Love the drama. The end was a bit to un romantic for me. I liked the relationship with akira and ????? ok so maybe i just liked akira. "Akira Shoku". But i would have preffered if Akira and Nobuta would have followed ?????? Ok so maybe i just wanted Akira and Nobuta together. By episode four i was thinking if she ends up with the other guy and not akira i would swear off Asain drama for life(and probably mean it for about a day) so i'm not as disapointed with this ending but i would have liked to see them together and i don't get why he had to give up on her at all. Infact writing this i'm starting to get mad about it. Akira was supportive of her the whole time unlike Mr. Universe. I mght just swear off drama yet(for about an hour)

Though I'm the kind to like when two main characters end together, I'm quite satisfied with the ending (which is quite rare with J-dramas). i think the show is more about friendship than about love (though love is always entangled with friendship at that age of life). At the end, Nobuta do not want to choose cause her two friends are equally important to her, and Akira seems to choose friendship over love. In some kind of ways, to me, this message is far more important than seeing two young people ending together. but maybe we do not see things the same way if we don't have the same age.
About Shuji, even if I liked Akira a lot better, he is an important character in the show in the way he represents the maturation of the youth's point of view about the world (Akira seems to have already gained that maturity even if he is sometimes acting childish; he is far more serious in his way of acting and thinking that Shuji). the duality of the two young men - the "spiritual" one, Akira, and the "practical" one, Shuji, though things are a lot more complicated - is a good balance for Nobuta who can grow up and gain confidence thanks to them.
One of my favorite doramas of all time. It explores a lot of interesting themes without being gimmicky. Overall a heartwarming and deep high school story.

Here's a link to an indepth review by endersgirl, which I really enjoyed reading through:

http://endersgirrrl.wordpress.com/2010/05/26/drama-review-part-1-nobuta-wo-produce-ntv%C2%A02005/
http://endersgirrrl.wordpress.com/2010/05/27/drama-review-part-2-nobuta-wo-produce-ntv-2005/

:)
I really like this drama. I especially love YamaPi in this drama! I can't even picture anyone else portraying Akira the way he did.