MDL Actor Page[/URL]

Kang Dong Won (born January 18, 1981) is a South Korean film and television actor.

Born in Busan, Kang's family moved to Changwon when he was 7 years old. While studying Mechanical Engineering at Hanyang University, he was spotted on the streets by a modeling agent in 2000. After working as a model, he began his acting career in two TV dramas, and in 2004 shot his first movie, the romantic comedy Too Beautiful to Lie. However, his first real breakthrough was in Temptation of the Wolves, the film adaptation of Guiyeoni's teen internet novel. With his beautiful, androgynous looks, Kang's popularity rose, extending to other Asian countries, especially Japan.

Instead of starring in more mainstream fare, Kang surprised audiences with his next roles as an inmate on death row in Maundy Thursday and the antagonist in Voice of a Murderer. His two collaborations with auteur Lee Myung-se in Duelist and M further cemented Kang's status as one of the top young actors in Korean cinema. He has earned recognition from critics for his stylish flair and diverse choice of roles.

Kang said that he decided to play the mischievous titular character in the action fantasy Jeon Woo Chi because "he wanted to be an actor loved by all generations." With its strong, star-filled ensemble cast and a high effects budget, the Choi Dong-hun-directed film turned into a blockbuster holiday event, selling over 6 million tickets over the winter season despite opening in theaters only a week after the release of Avatar in Korea.

He then scored an acting coup by being cast opposite acclaimed veteran actor Song Kang-ho in Jang Hoon's spy film Secret Reunion. It became one of the biggest Korean box office hits of 2010, with over 5 million tickets sold.
After filming Haunters, Kang entered the military on Nov. 18, 2010, a compulsory duty for all South Korean males.--Wikipedia

[U]Filmography

Movies
[LIST]
[*]Camellia Love For Sale (2011)
[*]Haunters (2010)
[*]Secret Reunion (2010)
[*]Jeon Woo Chi (2009)
[*]M (2007)
[*]Voice of a Murderer (2007)
[*]Maundy Thursday (2006)
[*]Duelist (2005)
[*]Temptation of the Wolves (2004)
[*]Too Beautiful to Lie (2004)[/LIST]
TV Dramas
[LIST][*]Magic (SBS, 2004)
[*]1% of Anything (MBC, 2003)
[*]Country Princess (MBC, 2003)
[/LIST]
So far I've only seen him in what I managed to get through of 1% of Anything. He was the reason I made it as far as I did. His acting was great in it and he's a cutey patootie! :D I have some of his stuff in my plan to watch list. I'm looking forward to seeing him in something I can actually finish.
I fell in love with him since I saw him in Temptation of Wolves. I've also seen Jeonwoochi and Haunters (Psychic). I've loved him in all three.

LisNoir wrote: I fell in love with him since I saw him in Temptation of Wolves. I've also seen Jeonwoochi and Haunters (Psychic). I've loved him in all three.

I believe that one is on The Monster, not sure about the other two.
He's cute. I swear Joo Won could be his little brother.
Yes, Joo Won could totally be! They look so alike. Have you seen any of KDW's dramas/movies?
PinkDiamond wrote: He did really well in Psychic. I was convinced he had supernatural powers in real life. *blinks and shivers*

Jajajaja...He's an awesome actor.
PinkDiamond wrote: I also saw the Duelist, but didn't know that was the same guy until just now...I found that role to be....quite sexy. *nods head in approval*

I've yet to see that movie. I read a spoiler in a review somewhere...I'll get around to it eventually..lol
PinkDiamond wrote: He did really well in Psychic. I was convinced he had supernatural powers in real life. *blinks and shivers*

I'm getting a new router tomorrow if it's the last thing I @#$%%& DO!!! anyway...

I started to watch 1% of anything and dropped it...don't know why..not because it was bad..just one of those things. And Psychic sounds very good. I'm putting it on my list. so no..I haven't seen anything with him.
I've read people saying so many things about it that just when I've forgotten them and will try to watch it, someone posts something negative about it again. If it happens a 5th time, I'll take it as a sign...lol
PinkDiamond wrote: Oh no! You should see it. It's definitely different, so have an open mind when you do see it. I think you'll like it.

I'm in a Kang Dong Won mood today, so maybe I'll watch it a bit later.