I'm thinking of watching 38 Task Force because the story looks good and Seo In Guk is so good at choosing good parts and good shows that just having him in this is a bit of a recommendation in itself.  My only problem is that one of the actors in the drama is Song Ok Sook and I can't stand her.  She's the worst over actor ever.  Is anyone watching this?  Is it ok even though she is in it or is she just too much (as usual)

I have nothing against her so I don't know if you will find her annoying in 38 Task Force. The character she's playing is ok.
Personally I'm really enjoying 38 Task Force. I say you should give it a try, and if you really find her too much you can always drop it. From the episodes I've watched, she's not on screen too much anyway. 
oh good news!  I will start watching.  at her best she's just OK until she has to start being sad, then she just cries and screams and over acts. quite frankly i have no idea how she keeps getting work. After Missing You i said i'd never watch anything with her in it again
In the drama she doesn't really have any parts that will result in overacting so I think you will be fine. I personally love this kdrama.
it's high on my list now that you've all convinced me!