Serena09:

I like persona

i did too, it's interesting, but not the type of content kdrama/kpop fans would watch, so i don't know why they'd choose iu out of all people to star in it

I also think the quality of kdramas is dropping, but because there no good young actors anymore, or at least they're not given the chance.  most of the dramas that are promoted internationally are filled with "face genius" idols that can't deliver lines but keep getting casting calls just bc of their looks, or their agency's influence 

cortaditas:

i did too, it's interesting, but not the type of content kdrama/kpop fans would watch, so i don't know why they'd choose iu out of all people to star in it

Yes I agree persona was unique and not for everyone but the diverse atmosphere in eps was great ..

About iu I think she is the only actress can play both an adult and a teenager perfectly 

PrettyCarEye:

OMG, Goblin was one of the most boring dramas I've ever watched. I started it in January of this year and didn't complete it until July. I had to force myself to the finish line! And I only did that because of a watch challenge I'm in.
As for Healer, I was able to get through it, but I couldn't understand all the hype that surrounded it. For me, it had no impact whatsoever.

not as boring as You Who Came from the Stars, wasted potential since both the MLs had cool powers and with the setup of the world Goblin could've had a more exciting plot.. 

Sunset:

not as boring as You Who Came from the Stars, wasted potential since both the MLs had cool powers and with the setup of the world Goblin could've had a more exciting plot.. 

I watched You Who Came from the Stars donkey years ago, probably in 2013 when it was released or 2014. I don't remember what impact it initially had on me, but I do remember that it was not the same as Goblin. I certainly didn't take 6 mths to complete that drama and I remember it having some really nice, funny parts that I enjoyed. Goblin was just bland, repetitive nonsense for me. What's strange is that I like all the actors in Goblin ... I can even tolerate Kim Eun-Sook's writing (she wrote one of my all time favorite dramas ... Lovers), but something about Goblin just didn't hook me at all.

I don't get the hype over Crash Landing on You, it is boring me even more than YWCFTS... I just liked that exciting part at the end of ep 6 (what I watched up to) if it had more action/suspense like DOTS maybe I might like it more? 

Actresses in Day or family dramas are way more better both in looks and acting than the 16 ish  episod dramas 

I've only watched a few daily makjang dramas but they felt more entertaining for me than regular airing dramas!

Lustdrama:

Actresses in Day or family dramas are way more better both in looks and acting than the 16 ish  episod dramas 

I've not seen many of them but I'm liking Lee Yoo Ri and Park Ha Na while watching The Promise & Fatal Promise... Han Ji Hye is pretty too 

Hospital Playlist is so boring for me, I don't get the hype over it ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) 

Slice of life dramas/anime is usually boring for me (depending on the plot) I don't remember being that bored watching Doctor John - the Pain or Death OST song was decent enough to keep me watching it, I guess. 

I wasn't a huge fan of Goblin but I'll admit it is still more entertaining than The King: Eternal Monarch (the biggest disappointment of the year) the romance is so bad it's good! 

I had the worst second lead syndrome with Hanazawa Rui/Yoon Ji Hoo from Boys Over Flowers. And it's way worst in the manga, because it shows how deep he fell in love with the female lead and how many years he spend trying to overcome it. I dont's understand why in every single adaptation (Hana Yori Dango/Boys over flowers/Meteor Garden) they belittle the feelings of the poor character and portrayed him like THAT.

Shonali:

I can't recall a single K-drama without a nose-bleed scene. Being a medical student myself..I have seen more patients of epistaxis(nose-bleed) in K-dramas than the wards. ????????

I think it usually stems from a Korean old wives tale that if you work hard your nose will bleed-minus the characters who have them so we’ll know they’re dying from cancer. Similarly in Japanese fiction characters get them from being aroused.

—Many  would be better off without the romance (or less focus on it) Several stories have an intriguing premise, buuuuuutttt around the point the series becomes an apartment building pulled by a mini coup it only serves as water downed glue for pasting the MLS romance onto a broken record. And because most of the exported ones are weekday series with only 1 (or at least only 1 major) storyline they quickly cutout the side characters & thus increasing the story’s stagnation.*

— Kdramas never became a black hole addiction for me

— Story/characters/acting chops trump looks or name any day

While all of these points more or less apply to many countries films I’ve seen, I still find point 1. as being extremely high in Taiwanese and SK tv series.

Not sure if this is unpopular, but I think people should stop complaining about how there's no plot in romantic comedies. Honestly, these shows should be focused on the romance and relationships. Cliches work well when done right, and should not be hated. I don't think these types of shows need to have some sort of amazing, unique plot.

Wish more fresh faces were getting opportunities to lead mainstream dramas. As much as I love a lot of the established actors, there aren't a lot of newer 20 year olds who aren't (former or current) idols or former child actors.

Dramas with gorgeous cinematography sometimes fall flat for me on an emotional level. For instance, Goblin and The King. The romance in Hotel del Luna did not work for me, but the female lead backstory was great. I enjoyed 365: Repeat The Year and especially loved the transitions, but the drama didn't fully click for me until it was almost over.

Serena:

I like persona

I liked it too. It was intriguing and very interesting. It was also unique comparing with other series.