I don't think that this year has been bad for kdrama.

-I strongly prefer sageuks over modern dramas, but it seems like most people are the reverse. I usually only watch modern dramas with a plot that's very unusual and wouldn't happen in real life (i.e. ghosts, FL pretending to be a boy, time travel, some form of fantasy, etc.)  

-I won't watch dramas without a lot of romance. Of course there needs to be some plot framework, but I'm not one of those people who's all "I'm tired of romance, I need something more interesting." I'm a total romantic and want plenty of it!

-I don't care about k-pop, and get annoyed when a drama has an idol in a smaller role and people scream over him and get mad when he's not on screen and ignore the plot and rest of the cast. I'm looking at you, Viki commenters. Go watch some music videos if you want to see him so badly.

don't really get the hype over Kim Sun Ho, I haven't liked any of his dramas so far (You Drive Me Crazy, Eulachacha Waikiki 2, Start Up) have no interest in seeing Catch The Ghost.

I don't get the hype over Lee Dong Wook. He tries to had to make his lips look attractive and when he smiles it's like a chipmunk with those teeth. The acting is meh... guess he's still riding high on his Goblin role.

I hate love triangles. There I said it. I have a very hard time watching them even though my favorite show is Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. It’s just so annoying as a plot device. I wish there were different struggles.

ShotaSidePart:

I don't get the hype over Lee Dong Wook. He tries to had to make his lips look attractive and when he smiles it's like a chipmunk with those teeth. The acting is meh... guess he's still riding high on his Goblin role.

lmao. I'd be interested in seeing your reaction to the Tale of the Nine-tailed drama xD 

LDW was alright but I was more hyped about Choi Jin Hyuk in Zombie Detective when I was watching both of them at the same time. 

Almost all the successful dramas are those I don’t like or find meh.

The Heirs, DOTS, FoB, Pinocchio;  Damn!!! I really dislike those  4 and the meh are IOTNBO, Itaewon Class, Goblin and so much more...  

Sunset:
lmao. I'd be interested in seeing your reaction to the Tale of the Nine-tailed drama xD 

I have absolutely no interest in watching that. The people commenting about it are LDW fangirls/ boys and do nothing but praise it. I came across some real comments from people stating it wasn't really all that great.

ShotaSidePart:

I have absolutely no interest in watching that. The people commenting about it are LDW fangirls/ boys and do nothing but praise it. I came across some real comments from people stating it wasn't really all that great.

Yeah, sometimes it gives me the similar cringy feeling of watching The Bride of Habaek and the ending left us viewers hanging... but at least I still found it more entertaining than some boring hyped slice of life dramas this year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am actually one of the rare ones who really liked  Start Up... I didn’t root for a ML more than the other and I totally understood the messages that the writer and actors wanted to convey with this drama.   To me all was really clear and fun to watch!

Sunset:
eah, sometimes it gives me the similar cringy feeling of watching The Bride of Habaek

OMG lets not even talk about the train wreck that was this drama. It was one of the earliest kdrama I had watched and I nearly stopped watching them completely because I thought if they are all this bad then there is no need to waste my time.

Earendil:
I’m not really sure why people got so hyped about CLOY. It was good, but it seemed like a pretty typical rom com to me. I rarely understand why some rom coms get more hyped up than others.

It's a good starter Kdrama for people who know nothing about them. Plus it dropped on Netflix during the pandemic and a lot of people watched it who otherwise would never have been interested in Kdramas but were looking for fresh content. It was my first and I loved it but now that I've seen more I put it into the category of like don't love. 

ShotaSidePart:

I am a LDW fangirl and I would say no. Episode 9 [juice ajumma episode) is pretty great but on the whole the drama makes no sense and LDW has zero chemistry with the female lead. I'd say watch Touch Your Heart if you think you want to give him another chance (but totally get it if you don't since even I found his face deeply odd when I first encountered him though he's won me over since).

My unpopular opinion: I hate the bowl haircuts on male leads! They are terrible. If I find a man handsome/sexy it's always despite that stupid haircut.

Train was better than TKTEM , it just got the hype because of the actors in the drama.

I agree train is better

BLANKEATER:

Train was better than TKTEM , it just got the hype because of the actors in the drama.

Any and everything is better than  TKEM lol