So with this new regulation of Korean dramas, I wanted to start a discussion on what everything thinks. Probably everyone knows at this point that Korean dramas have changed from 60 minutes or longer to about 30 minutes, which means more episodes in drama land. So what does everyone think, do you like the idea of having shorter time span in an episode, but a longer episode count, or longer episode time span, and a shorter episode count. 

For me personally I have always liked having a shorter episode count and a loner time span in an episode, but I did always feel like that sometimes an hour or even longer could and would be to much, so I am very interested to see where this new regulation is going to go. And I cannot wait to hear your guys opinions. 

Hessa Volunteer Staff
I like it shorter since I can keep track. In 60 min episodes, I can't sit still for 1 full hour. I have to take a break. Moreover,  sometimes, I have other things to do, so I forget where I stopped.

I found this on Wikipedia, "In order to circumvent Korean laws that prevent commercial breaks in the middle of an episode, what would previously have been aired as single 70 minute episodes are now being repackaged as two 35 minute episodes, with two episodes being shown each night with a commercial break between the two."
I don't really care either way as I watch, since the pacing/flow has been the same. But it annoys me that now the official episode count is not always the same as the one on viki/df/wherever.  It makes it harder to keep track when the official episode count is 40, but where I end up watching it keeps to the hour-long format and only has 20 eps.  Or whatever.  It's sort of defeating the purpose of clicking the little + on my list because I'm going to track using whatever version I watch. ;)  Makes me feel like an underachiever.

On the other hand, the notes feature of my list has never seen so much use, haha.

It will be interesting to see if, long-term, there are some changes in the future.  Will one of the networks ever choose to air two different 30 minute shows back to back?  Or will they start to structure the eps differently so that there's more of of a breakpoint/cliffhanger at the end of the first 30-minute ep of the night?  They could get creative.  Or not.
i dont care as long as they release 2 at a time for those that are 30 min.