As much as everyone loves korean dramas where the main couple has a happy ever after ending, does anyone know dramas that have a tragic ending and is very good and quite modern?

I do  know a few classics like; what happened in bali & stairway to heaven but are there any current ones? 

feeling the need for a change and want to cry my eyes out, and for the ending to be tragic enough to the point i have to take a break from kdrama for some time LOL

• Time - still ongoing but the ML will be killed off mainly cause the actor playing him has bowed put due to health issues
  • Bad Guy
  • Oh My Geumbi
  • The Devil/Lucifer
  • Heartless city
  • nine Times Travel - kinda tragic but its fantasy, sooo... 
  • Uncontrollably Fond - personally didnt like this drama but its quite tragic

A love to kill and time that is airing right now will surely have a tragic ending

• Rooftop Prince 
  • Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo
  • Queen for Seven Days

I personally found the endings of these dramas frustrating rather than tragically beautiful and satisfying, but you can try:

• Misty
  • Queen for Seven Days
  • Marriage Contract 
  • Hwayugi

Edit: The Smile Has Left Your Eyes is probably exactly what you're looking for. Mr. Sunshine and the Hymn of Death might also fit well. 

I completed My Mister just today, all the currently airing drama seem so mediocre.

Not a drama but two movies which are sort of tragic and made me cry a lot - Miracle in Cell No.7 and Hope

• Contract Marriage
  • Moon Lovers
  • I'm sorry I love you (not new but since in your PTW list I really recommend watching it)
 kelena93:
  • Rooftop Prince 
  • Queen for Seven Days

legit watched all hahaha, thanks though!

49 days , the korean drama

Honestly if you want more tragic endings, I'd suggest you try Chinese dramas. They love their tragic endings, haha. 

I agree with everyone who said Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo...That drama wrecked me for months...I'm still not over it,and it's been over 2 years xD

Most of historical dramas will give you tragic ending esp chinese drama.

but this is my top tragic ending in kdrama

1. Chuno

2. Cruel City

3. Queen Seon Duk

4. Empress Ki

kelena93:

Honestly if you want more tragic endings, I'd suggest you try Chinese dramas. They love their tragic endings, haha. 

Oh yes have just started one!

TheWanderer_Beansprout:

Most of historical dramas will give you tragic ending esp chinese drama.

but this is my top tragic ending in kdrama

1. Chuno

2. Cruel City

3. Queen Seon Duk

4. Empress Ki

Definetly gonna watch Chuno now since you have recommended it, thank you so much!

• Cruel City / Heartless City
  • Black
  • The Smile has Left your Eyes