any recommendations

Hua Jai Sila

Bai Mai Tee Plid Plew (ML becomes transgender, so you'd be watching a female actress) 

The Last Empress 

A Man in a Veil (daily drama, still airing right now. There are 100 episodes 30 minutes each but the ML is good at acting his character. He becomes a prosecutor/starts getting revenge after the first 20 episodes) 

Man from the Equator

I also recommend ^

Hua jai sila  - Male lead has a traumatic past and 'dies' but secretly lives and becomes a successful business man and comes back to take revenge on those who caused his suffering.

• The Devil/Lucifer
  • Green Rose
  • Money Flower
  • Cruel City
  • Pinocchio
  • When the Devil calls your name
  • Temptation of an angel
  • Goodbye Mr. Black - sadly i dropped this one

None korean:

• Nirvana in Fire
  • Maou - japanese remake of Lucifer
  • The Count of Monte-Cristo: Great Revenge

Wow, have you ever watched Winter Sonata? Oldie but classic, and exactly fits that description

ML is born in Korea but "disappears" to be raised in America and returns with an American name and nobody recognizes him from the past:

The regime exiled him and tried to kill him and he came back as a rebel vigilante:

Prince gets amnesia from an injury during an attempted assassination, goes missing, and takes on the identity of a poor villager:

I forget the exact details. ML was a prince and was believed to be dead but returns and the FL isn't sure whether or not its him at first:

General sort of dies, sort of gets cursed and becomes a Goblin / King dies and becomes a Grim Reaper:

Not Korean:

Go Princess Go might suit you. The ML falls into a pool and awakens as a female in the past.

Abyss - he dies and comes back with completely different and new look