Jordan:

I didn't know it was based off of a novel.  Is the name the same?  I only ask because I personally am not the biggest fan of lighter dramas; I stuck with Ashes of Love because I learned it becomes very deep/heavy in the second half.  I was hoping this show may be similar.

I think someone mentioned in the comment about the novel link and yes, it has the same name with the chinese title of the drama. Oooh, I haven't watched AoL yet, I also kinda like heavy drama plot, maybe I really should try it.

jessicarv:

I was waiting for this drama since last year, when the flames daughter ended, and i was researching for zhang bin bin´s upcoming drama. I`m really enjoying this drama, I´m really hoping it has a happy ending for both leads, since I´m really traumatized that Zhang bin bin never gets the girl.. But this is a new show =) By the way, i was really hoping it had the time travelling thing, bc if it had it i will be sure that they end up happy together., but anyway, I´ll continue to enjoy =) Regards!

Have you read the novel yet? Does the time-travel have effect on their ending? :<

themarchioness:

Come join the discussion in Soompi!  :)  

Oh! I didn't know about that! Thanks for informing! Will check them out now n___n

Yes, there is a book, but i haven´t had time to read, bc i have to use google translate jeje, since i dont know chinese...  check on the comments, sonbaragi , was really kind and share some webpages to read the book...

By the way, if you like to spoil yourself, look for a preview of ep 30 and 31, its soooo good.. i can´t help but keep smiling.. =P everybody looks at me like I´m crazy haha 

Regards

Jordan:

what makes it interesting?  it gives me a light vibe is it going to become more serious?

It's probably not the kind of "light" you're thinking of. It's has comic moments but they're all very witty and smart - which makes it comical. Just really well executed and acted. I was surprised bc although I love C-Dramas I'm not into slapsticky comedy they sometimes have. But the thing that makes this drama really stand out is the tight writing/story telling. It keeps every aspect of the drama interesting.  And I wouldn't say it's "light" because they don't really seem to have any problems getting down to business (i.e., killing off people, etc.) and doing what needs to be done to move the story along.  And all of this is captured fantastically by the actors - not just the male and female leads but like everyone.  In fact, some of the support actors are getting as much attention as the leads (who have amazing chemistry), ok maybe not as much but still all around a great drama. I strongly recommend watching it.  I'm surprised they didn't think to put it on YouTube so it's more accessible to all viewers. They have the Chinese language version only on YT unlike Princess Agents and what not.  I think that's why it's not as highly rated but I read that it's really getting noticed just by word of mouth from fans.... like me I guess. :)

I am keeping an open mind but the inconsistent tone isn't my type over all the acting is good I just prefer a more consistent mood

jessicarv:

I was waiting for this drama since last year, when the flames daughter ended, and i was researching for zhang bin bin´s upcoming drama. I`m really enjoying this drama, I´m really hoping it has a happy ending for both leads, since I´m really traumatized that Zhang bin bin never gets the girl.. But this is a new show =) By the way, i was really hoping it had the time travelling thing, bc if it had it i will be sure that they end up happy together., but anyway, I´ll continue to enjoy =) Regards!

Whatt?? I thought they took out the time travelling cuz they didn't show it in the first ep

@gendobie as far as I know there is no time travel in this show

This is my absolutely favorite drama of all time!(And I've seen quite a lot). It has fabulous actors/actresses and a perfect pace - not too rapid and not too slow.  If someone wants to discuss it further, or in general Chinese dramas - hit me up! I'd love to discuss this amazing drama!

@pandalla008 I think this may be the best chinese drama I have seen.  It has engaged me for the whole show, in a way other shows haven't.  For me, it is one hundred percent perfect.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but the unfolding of the story is spectacular, and unlike palace dramas which can sometimes leave me frustrated, especially as the lead develops into an awful person, in this one that doesn't happen.  Ming Lan is able to remain true to herself throughout perhaps because her goals are to protect others, not some far reaching ambition to be queen.  She has seen how vindictiveness destroys people first hand.  She is more like a justice dealer because no one else was there to deliver justice, and she lives in a system where appearances and status matter more.

pandalla008:

This is my absolutely favorite drama of all time!(And I've seen quite a lot). It has fabulous actors/actresses and a perfect pace - not too rapid and not too slow.  If someone wants to discuss it further, or in general Chinese dramas - hit me up! I'd love to discuss this amazing drama!

I’m confuse, are you talking about story of  minglan if I will never let you go 

the story of ming lan

Guys we are talking about I will Never Let You Go.... 

Thanks

will I will never let you go is not the drama i was talking about when i said 'the best drama ever' earlier///i will never let you go is about a young woman whose blood or birthright is key to unlocking some great treasure that could literally give someone the power to control the world i.e. be the emperor--she is hunted down by a lot of people whose motives aren't all clear, and to complicate things, the masked man who has been helping her out is actually the heir apparent to the throne (his father wants him to use her to rebel) but he (at the moment) just wants to love her....currentl I am watching to see if his goals change or not so far it is very light