Just want to share...

Thai ver translated by me.

Chapter 14 part 1

Xiao Yao didn't know how much time had actually passed. She only knew when her hand touched a hard object. She instinctively grabbed it tight. The vision in her eyes recovered a little.
It was clearly a rock. Xiao Yao's body instantly collapsed. She was slumped on the rocks. She could see that in the distance,there was a dark figure at the rocks nearby, a dark figure stood proudly.
At this time, the sky began to glow dimly with the cold of the morning The tall, slender figure seemed to have merged with the rocks. between heaven and earth It turned into waiting until the end of time.
Xiao Yao didn't know if it was because she was tired  or  happy? Her throat was stiff and she couldn't make a sound. She raised her hand weakly. It's like waving her hand. But she didn't move an inch.
Finally, the person standing on the rock saw her. He didn't care to walk along the shore. But he flew and jumped off the cliff into the sea, swimming to Xiao Yao's side with with all his strength and picked her up. Both are soaked in water. Xiao Yao was exhausted. her body trembled non-stop. But Jing didn't know why his body trembled non-stop as well.

Both of them were trembling until they could not speak. Xiao Yao heard the sound of her upper and lower teeth clicking against each other. She felt both sad and funny. She concentrated on getting dressed. She never thought that she would appeared such the most miserable state.

Xiao Yao said, her voice shaking because of the cold. "Don't...don't...in the water." As she had already immersed in the sea for one night, she really didn't want to continue soaking.

Jing picked her up and climbed onto the rock. But he staggered a few steps. His foot slipped and fell.  He was afraid that Xiao Yao would be get hurt, therefore he used his back to protect her as he hit the ground with a loud thud. It probably hurt quite a bit. Xiao Yao laughed. "Yo....you...fox......stupid...." Finally reaching the shore, Jing carried Xiao Yao and walked to a rocky ridge that could shelter him from the wind.

Xiao Yao's face was white. Her lips were dark green. Jing placed his one hand on the back of her heart. His other hand held her hand, slowly conveying his magic power into her so that it circulated within her body. After several rounds, Xiao Yao's body stop trembling. At this time, the sky outside was already very bright, but this small niche under the ridge, obscured by rocks and shadows from trees, was still dim.

Jing saw that Xiao Yao's body was already warm. So he removed his hand from behind her and felt that he should let go of his hand on hers. But he couldn't give up, so he Just loosen his grip but then hold it tight again. Xiao Yao looked at him and said teasingly. “Before you were so bold, now you've repented?" Jing let go of his hand.
"Before and now are not the same."
Jing looked at her briefly and his eyes went down.

Xiao Yao rubbed her damp and disheveled hair. and squeezed his own cheek gently She assumed that her facial expression would not look very good. She felt sad and decided to return. "I'll have to teach A Nian a hard lesson once and for all. "  
Xiao Yao stood up and said. “I am going back.”

Jing hurriedly got up and pulled her arm. But he immediately let go of his hand, as if he had been electrocuted and his face felt was burning. Gao Xin's clothes were light and flowing. The wet dress was so attached to the body. When Xiao Yao was sitting curled up so she could not feel it. Now standing up when looking at it, the waist was a waist, the chest was a chest, it's very clearly visible.

Xiao Yao saw the expression on his face. She looked down and looked at herself. Then she immediately lowered herself to sit down. Her two hands hugging her knees covering herself completely. Jing sat down opposite to her and said in a low voice: “Can you go back after a moment? Just a moment." Xiao Yao didn't answer.
“I waited for you all night. I thought you wouldn't come."
Xiao Yao asked angrily. “Since you thought I wasn't coming. Why are you still waiting?”

Jing didn't know how to answer. If she really didn't come, he didn't know where he could go. In the deepest bottom of this place, he had had the happiest and sweetest moments before. But the person who gave him that sweet happiness was Xiao Liu. This was not the girl in front of him. If she took it back He could all understand.

Xiao Yao walked in front of him. Her eyes were filled with anger and hurt. “You thought you had been waiting all night is difficult, right? You have a fiancé!  You and her go out together lots of times.

You use various methods to remind me of the promise I made to you at all times. Since you don't believe in me Why must I keep a promise?"

I would like to tell you. Last night to keep the promise I made to you, I almost die!” Xiao Yao pushed hard. “I won't play anymore. I'd like to take back my promise! You  go back to Qing Qiu quickly and marry  Fangfeng Yiying!”

Jing didn't dare to respond. But he was stubborn and refused to give up. “I will not marry her. In fact, she does not love me. Probably not agreeing to marry me", Xiao Yao stopped pushing. “I don't believe it! Why wouldn't she love you?”

“My leg is crippled. I could see that she was both shocked and disappointed. One time, she saw the scars on my body and was so shocked that..." The truth was that telling  "shocked" was a roundabout way of speaking. At that time, her face was white. Her facial expressions was that of shock and fear. She didn't dare look at him even for a moment. Since then, when the two of them were alone together she would keep her distance from him.

Xiao Yao felt very sorry. She knew that his legs were uncomfortable. She knew that the scars on that his body were somewhat frightening. But this should not be the reason to disgust, so she said, “You two have been engaged for many decades. Would she still pay attention to these outside things?”

“In fact, before meeting each other in Qingshui District, I never knew what she looked like. Because we had never met each other before. She was the person mother had chosen. At that time, mother was sick.
I don't want Mother to be worried about my marriage. So I immediately agreed to accept. After getting engaged, I had to take care of mother, and still have to clean up the mess in the family that there is no time to retreat.  I didn't even think about it again. Instead, it was the elder brother who quietly secretly went to look at Fang Feng Yi Yang. After returning, he laughed and said to me, "Congratulations, she is a beautiful young woman with a smart and intelligent appearance as expected."

When mother passed away I had to face Big Brother who dissoluted and dissipated because of sadness. So I don't have the heart to think about the love between a man and woman.

After Grandma revealed the secret of eldest Brother's birth. I didn't even have the heart to think about it any more. Until everything became fine. Grandma said that I should get married. Then I realized that I still had a fiancé. Grandma was already very old.

The elder sister-in-law was like she didn't exist. Tushan family really needs the head lady to help lighten the burden for Grandma. After Grandma consulted with the elders, the wedding date was set. I did not even think that, before getting married, I was already imprisoned by Big Brother."

In fact, the meeting at Qingshui District was even the first meeting between him and Fang Feng Yi Yang  Then it was not strange that Fang Feng Yi Yang will be disappointed.  In her heart, Xiao Yao formed many flavors/feelings. There was some bitterness and sadness, and there was some joy. She herself did not know what she was really thinking.

Xiao Yao said softly, “Young Miss Fangfeng has a beautiful appearance and also talented, so she would be picky. It's normal. Don't you take it to heart.”
 “You are...the most beautiful.” As soon as he finished speaking, he immediately lowered his head.
“Even though it's like this right now?” 

"um"

Xiao Yao burst out laughing.

“Finally I know why Zhuan Xu's sweet words were used with girls has always been effective. Even though I know that what you said is not true , but I still like to listen to it."

“What I said is true, Xiao Yao. I never expected you to be like this. If I had known that you would be like this even in a dark prison, I would not have the courage to speak out my unreachable desires…” Jing's back straightened up like paintbrush, but his head got bow down, like plants growing in the midst of darkness all year that hadn't seen the moonlight or the sunshine.
" My body, my voice.....Do you know why even though I know I can heal my leg, I refuse to heal it?
Because I know that even though it will be healed, the real wound will still be inside the body. Because it's the wound that no medicine can cure. I can wear clothes to hide the ugly wound on my body. I can use good medicine to get my leg healed. I also can speak less to disguise my own bad voice. I can deceive all the people that I was still the same majestic Young Master Qingqiu that towered over people. But I cannot deceive myself. Xiao Yao... I'm not worthy of you! In this world, there are many strong, smart, and handsome young men…"
“Jing, look up!" Tushan Jing, raised your head." Jing raised his head slowly. Xiao Yao brought her face closer to his. She muttered softly, “Last night a man forced me to kiss him. Now all I can think about is wanting to kiss you.” Her lips placed a soft kiss on his lips. Jing's body shook for once. Instantly, he fell backwards to escape Xiao Yao. “Don't...Xiao Yao" Xiao Yao closed her eyes and looked up, both cheeks were blushed. Her body trembled. “Jing...Jing....”
Xiao Yao's soft voice was shaking that almost incomprehensible. Jing felt like he was trembling. His kiss touched the light red spot in the center of Xiao Yao's forehead. It was as if a group of flames were burning from the middle of Xiao Yao's forehead towards his heart, warmed up his ice-cold heart. Maybe, sooner or later, there will come a day when the hidden wound inside his body, which has no way to cure, could be able to restore as good as before.
Jing hugged Xiao Yao tightly. His head rested in the crook of her neck. He was happy like it was a dream. It made him just think about hugging Xiao Yao and not letting go forever. Xiao Yao moaned. "You are choking me until I couldn't breathe."
Jing immediately released her. His face was red. Xiao Yao chuckled, resting her head on Jing's forearm. She looked at him.
 Jing felt embarrassed, so he turned his head away slightly. "Just now you said that last night you almost died. You also said.... " Xiao Yao waved his hand like not interested. “I said this in anger to frighten you.”

Jing looked towards Xiao Yao. Jing felt suspicious. But he knew that Xiao Yao didn't want to mention it again. Xiao Yao smiled and asked. “Why not here?” She pointed to her lips.

So he said in a low voice: "It's not time yet." 

“When is that possible?”

Xiao Yao half closed her eyes. She covered her face with her hands to conceal embarrassment.
Jing couldn't answer. Because that had to be decided by Xiao Yao, not him. It's not that he didn't want to. But it was...he wanted to receive her love. He didn't want her to do it just because she felt sorry for him. Xiao Yao had given him a lot. It's already too much. He didn't want to take advantage of her kindness any longer.

Xiao Yao secretly looked at him from between her fingers. “I think when men saw  women, they almost rushed to take them to bed and take off all the clothes…” Xiao Yao could not go on anymore. Since returning to female form, subconsciously, she could no longer speak as shamelessly as Xiao Liu. Especially now she almost swallowed the words she had said a moment ago.

Jing maybe proper and had always strived to protect himself. However, he was the one who held power in the family. He went in and out of entertainment venues until it became normal. Moreover, it was rare for young members of a large family to not have some fun from time to time. Jing was a man. He knew all about men matters. In the business field,  let alone the words that were more explicit, he had even seen the more obscene matters. But then he did not feel anything. He could just talk and laugh normally.  With Xiao Yao, he was feeling restless as if being licked by the burning fire. He make a concise excuse: "I... am not like that." Both of them were silent. In the awkwardness, there were streaks of embarrassment. And in that shyness there was some happiness mixing up.

Winny Aye:
No matter whatever attachment Xiao Yao had for XL throughout the story, I am glad she never really fall in love with him. 

Yes :)! I am more than happy to start the chapter 14, and get more positive vibes for us who are covering it , and Xiao Yao 's character who starts the chapter with...no water..not in the water....:D! Was enough of vicious mass things!

SO => Happy Valentine to ya all first! Hugs ! Let's spread love!

Winny Aye:
Thai ver translated by me.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

This Lady above is Ornjira .

She is the official Thaï translator for Tong Hua work. And for Lost You Forever.

She is in an interview while on the annual BANGOK INTERNATIONAL BOOK FAIR.

--------------------------------------------------

Another one a bout Bu Bu Jing Xing /Scarlet heart  :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD_xYipUUp8&ab_channel=SMMPublishing

Thank you Winny for providing all these informations!.

It's a pleasure to get to know our main TRANSLATION SOURCE for Tong Hua's book <3

Lady  Ornjira , Thank you too!

My following post will be related. 

Covering the Lost in Translations parts for Chapter 14!

LOST IN TRANSLATION in CHAPTER 14

Part 1:

Passages- extracts :

Koala version :

Jing may have been very proper, but he was still the clan leader and would often go to places of pleasure to discuss business. Plus the scions of the powerful families were all experienced in the male-female relations, and Jing as a man clearly knew enough. In discussing business, he saw more and heard more explicit things then this and was always just fine with it. But facing Xiao Yao, he felt this fire burning through him and he tried to explain “I am not like that.”

Thaï Original version:  

Jing maybe proper and had always strived to protect himself. However, he was the one who holds power in the family. He went in and out of entertainment venues until it became normal. Moreover, it was rare for young members of a large family to not have some fun from time to time. Jing was a man. He knew all about men matters. In the business field,  let alone the words that were more explicit, he had even seen the more explicit matters. But then he did not feel anything. He could just talk and laugh normally.  With Xiao Yao, he was feeling restless as if being licked by the burning fire. He make a concise excuse: "I... am not like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's dig! :) 

Diction and Style:

The "Koala version" uses more casual language and contemporary expressions like "places of pleasure," "male-female relations," and "just fine with it." This gives it a modern tone.
The "Original version" employs a more formal tone and traditional expressions, such as "entertainment venues" and "men matters," maintaining a classic narrative style.

Characterization: 

In the "Koala version," Jing is portrayed as more self-assured and accustomed to certain situations, with a matter-of-fact attitude towards explicit discussions and entertainment.

The "Original version" emphasizes Jing's efforts to protect himself and his position, highlighting his familiarity with explicit matters but his lack of emotional response until encountering Xiao Yao.

Contextual Details: 

The "Koala version" briefly mentions Jing's role as the clan leader and his experience with male-female relations, without delving into the dynamics of family power or his protective instincts.

The "Original version" elaborates on Jing's position within the family and the societal expectations regarding entertainment, providing more context for his behavior and his internal struggle with Xiao Yao's influence.

Emotional Tone:

The "Koala version" describes Jing's reaction to Xiao Yao's presence as a sudden and intense feeling of restlessness and desire, conveyed through the metaphor of a burning fire.

The "Original version" conveys Jing's unease and emotional turmoil more subtly, using the metaphor of being licked by a burning fire to suggest his discomfort and inner conflict.

Overall, while both versions convey similar events and themes, they differ in their choice of language, characterization, contextual details, and emotional tone, resulting in distinct interpretations of the scene and characters. The "Original translated version" portrays Jing in a more sensual light compared to the "Koala version." This heightened sensuality is evident in the language used to describe Jing's reaction to Xiao Yao and his internal struggle. Phrases like "feeling restless as if being licked by the burning fire" evoke a vivid and visceral image of Jing's arousal and emotional turmoil.

In contrast, the "Koala version" maintains a more subdued tone in describing Jing's reaction, focusing more on his practical experience and matter-of-fact attitude towards explicit matters. The language used, such as "felt this fire burning through him," still suggests desire and passion but in a less overtly sensual manner compared to the "Original version."

*********************************************** @********************************************************
Let's delve deeper into how the "Koala version" tones down Jing's characterization and emotional depth compared to the Original translated  version.

Language and Expression:

The choice of language in the "Koala version" is more neutral and contemporary, which may detract from the richness and intensity of the narrative. By using terms like "places of pleasure" instead of "entertainment venues" and "male-female relations" instead of "men matters," the text loses some of its evocative power and depth. The more traditional language of the "Original version" lends itself to a more immersive and atmospheric reading experience, heightening the sensuality and emotional resonance of the scene.

Description of Jing's Experience:

In the "Original  translated version," there's a more explicit acknowledgment of Jing's familiarity with explicit matters and his experiences in the business field. This not only adds depth to his character but also suggests a certain level of worldliness and sensuality. By contrast, the "Koala version" merely mentions Jing's practical experience in a matter-of-fact manner, without delving into the nuances of his emotions or the impact of these experiences on his psyche. 

This lack of exploration  result in a shallower portrayal of Jing and a diminished sense of his complexity as a character.

Intensity of Emotions:

The "Original version" employs more vivid and sensual imagery to convey Jing's reaction to Xiao Yao. Phrases like "feeling restless as if being licked by  burning fire - the "Original version" portrays Jing in a more sensual light compared to the "Koala version." This heightened sensuality is evident in the language used to describe Jing's reaction to Xiao Yao and his internal struggle. Phrases like "feeling restless as if being licked by the burning fire" evoke a vivid and visceral image of Jing's arousal and emotional turmoil.

In contrast, the "Koala version" maintains a more subdued tone in describing Jing's reaction, focusing more on his practical experience and matter-of-fact attitude towards explicit matters. The language used, such as "felt this fire burning through him," still suggests desire and passion but in a less overtly sensual manner compared to the "Original version."

Interesting right?

Sharing more extracts and comparing!

Symbolika1:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@  Chapter 14- Passage-extract:

Koala's:

Jing hurriedly stood up and grabbed her arm, but then released it like he was shocked by electricity, his face blushing red. Gao Xing’s clothes were light and airy, so after it got wet the robe was plastered to Xiao Yao. It wasn’t as noticeable earlier since she was sitting down, but now that she stood up, from her trim waist to her full bosom, it was all on display.

Xiao Yao noticed Jing’s expression and glanced down at herself before immediately squatting into a ball and wrapping her arms around her knees. 

Original Translated version: 

Jing hurriedly got up and pulled her arm. But he immediately let go of his hand, as if he had been electrocuted and his face felt was burning. Gao Xin's clothes were light and flowing. The wet dress was so attached to the body. When Xiao Yao was sitting curled up so she could not feel it. Now standing up when looking at it, the waist was a waist, the chest was a chest, it's very clearly visible.

Xiao Yao saw the expression on his face. She looked down and looked at herself. Then she immediately lowered herself to sit down
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's compare :
In comparing the two versions, the "Original version" tends to convey a deeper sense of emotion and atmosphere compared to the "Koala version." Here's how:

Intensity of Jing's Reaction:

In the "Original version," Jing's reaction is described as if he had been electrocuted, with his face burning. This imagery conveys a strong sense of shock and embarrassment, suggesting a profound emotional response to the situation.
However, in the "Koala version," Jing's reaction is depicted as releasing Xiao Yao's arm like he was shocked by electricity, with his face blushing red. While still indicating embarrassment, the language used does not evoke the same level of intensity or visceral emotion as in the "Original version." The choice of "releasing" instead of "letting go of his hand" and "blushing red" instead of "face burning"  contribute to a somewhat milder portrayal of Jing's reaction. 

The imagery is  not  as intense or visceral as in the "Original version," toning down the depth of emotion portrayed.

Description of Xiao Yao's Appearance:

In the "Original version," there is a straightforward description of Xiao Yao's appearance after her robe gets wet, focusing on how it becomes attached to her body. While this still highlights her physical attractiveness, the language used is relatively simple and direct.
Conversely, the "Koala version" provides a more detailed description of Xiao Yao's appearance, emphasizing how her figure becomes more noticeable as she stands up. This description adds layers to the scene and may evoke a stronger sense of desire or attraction, but it's not as direct or emotionally charged as in the "Original version."

Xiao Yao's Response:

Both versions depict Xiao Yao's awareness of Jing's discomfort and her attempt to alleviate the situation by squatting down. However, the "Original version" adds an extra layer of depth by mentioning that Xiao Yao looks down at herself before doing so. This additional detail provides insight into her thought process and emotions, enriching her character portrayal.
In summary, while both versions convey similar events, the "Original version" tends to evoke a stronger sense of emotion and atmosphere through its language and imagery. This depth of feeling contributes to a more immersive reading experience and resonate more deeply with readers. It's overall translated  in a higher level of emotional intensity.

Overall Tone and Atmosphere:

The "Original version" tends to convey a deeper sense of emotion and atmosphere compared to the "Koala version." This is evident in the imagery used and the level of detail provided in describing Jing's reaction and Xiao Yao's appearance.
Conversely, the "Koala version" presents the events in a more straightforward manner, with less emphasis on the intensity of emotions and character interactions. While still capturing the essence of the scene, it does not evoke the same depth of feeling or resonance with readers as the "Original version."
In summary, the "Koala version" does appear to tone down the intensity of emotions compared to the "Original version," particularly in its depiction of Jing's reaction and Xiao Yao's appearance, in this extract. 

This difference in tone and atmosphere  result in a somewhat milder portrayal of the characters' emotions and interactions.

Symbolika1:
extracts and comparing

Passage -Extract :

Koala Version: 

Xiao Yao shoved Jing hard “I don’t want to play anymore. I take back my promise! You scram back to Qing Qiu and go marry Fang Feng Yi Yang!”

Jing didn’t dare do anything back to her but he also didn’t budge “I won’t marry her. She doesn’t like me so she likely doesn’t want to marry me either.”

OriginalThaï Transcription: 

Xiao Yao pushed hard. “I won't play anymore. I'd like to take back my promise! You  go back quickly to Qing Qiu and marry  Fangfeng Yiying!”

Jing didn't dare to respond. But he was stubborn and refused to give up. “I will not marry her. In fact, she does not love me. Probably not agreeing to marry me"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's compare and analyze the differences between the "Koala version" and the "Original version" of the passage:

Physical Action:

In the "Koala version," Xiao Yao is described as shoving Jing hard, which conveys a sense of force and urgency in her actions. This physicality adds intensity to the scene and underscores Xiao Yao's frustration.
Conversely, in the "Original version," Xiao Yao's action is simply described as pushing. While it still indicates physical interaction, the absence of the descriptor "hard"  imply a less forceful or urgent gesture.

Dialogue:

In both versions, Xiao Yao expresses her desire to retract her promise and urges Jing to marry Fang Feng Yi Yang. However, the wording and tone differ slightly between the two versions.
In the "Koala version," Xiao Yao's dialogue is more direct and assertive. She explicitly tells Jing to "scram back to Qing Qiu and go marry Fang Feng Yi Yang." This assertiveness  reflect her determination to assert her desires.
On the other hand, in the "Original version," Xiao Yao's dialogue is slightly less direct, with her simply urging Jing to "go back quickly to Qing Qiu and marry Fangfeng Yiying." The language used convey a softer or less forceful tone compared to the "Koala version."

Jing's Response:

The language and tone of his response differ slightly between the two versions.
In the "Koala version," Jing's response is matter-of-fact and resigned. He states, "I won’t marry her," and suggests that she likely doesn't want to marry him either. This portrayal may indicate a sense of acceptance or pragmatism on Jing's part.
In contrast, in the "Original version," Jing's response is more defiant and assertive. He declares, "I will not marry her," and asserts that she doesn't love him. This version portrays Jing as more determined and resolute in his refusal to marry Fang Feng Yi Yang.
Overall, while both versions convey similar events and themes, they differ in the intensity of physical action, the assertiveness of dialogue, and Jing's response.

We perceive that "Koala version" downtones certain aspects compared to the "Original version":

Physical Action:

The "Koala version" describes Xiao Yao's action as "shoving Jing hard," indicating a forceful and urgent gesture. However, the "Original version" simply states that she "pushed" Jing. The absence of the qualifier "hard" in the "Original version" suggests a less forceful action, toning down the intensity of the physical interaction.

Dialogue:

In both versions, Xiao Yao expresses her desire to retract her promise and urges Jing to marry Fang Feng Yi Yang. However, the wording and tone differ slightly between the two versions.
In the "Koala version," Xiao Yao's dialogue is more direct and assertive. She explicitly tells Jing to "scram back to Qing Qiu and go marry Fang Feng Yi Yang." This assertiveness may reflect her determination to assert her desires.
On the other hand, in the "Original version," Xiao Yao's dialogue is slightly less direct, with her simply urging Jing to "go back quickly to Qing Qiu and marry Fangfeng Yiying." The language used may convey a softer or less forceful tone compared to the "Koala version."

Jing's Response(further):

In the "Koala version," Jing's response is portrayed as more resigned and matter-of-fact, suggesting a level of acceptance or pragmatism regarding his situation. This portrayal tones down the assertiveness of his refusal to marry Fang Feng Yi Yang.
In contrast, in the "Original version," Jing's response is more defiant and assertive, with him firmly declaring, "I will not marry her," and asserting that she doesn't love him. This version presents Jing as more determined in his refusal, adding intensity to his character.

Overall, the "Koala version" does appear to downtone certain aspects of the passage, including the physical action, the assertiveness of dialogue, and Jing's response. These differences contribute to a slightly different portrayal of the characters' emotions, motivations, and relationships in the scene compared to the "Original version."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also notice: 

In the "Original version," Xiao Yao's statement is "I'd like to take back my promise," whereas in the "Koala version," it's simplified to "I take back my promise!"

The difference lies in the inclusion of "I'd like to" in the "Original version," indicating a degree of politeness or softening of the statement. This phrase suggests that Xiao Yao is expressing her desire to retract her promise, but it also implies a level of hesitation or uncertainty.

On the other hand, in the "Koala version," this  is omitted, leading to a more direct and assertive expression of Xiao Yao's desire to retract her promise. Without the qualifier "I'd like to," her statement becomes more immediate and unequivocal, lacking the same level of softening or uncertainty implied by the "Original version."

This alteration in wording subtly shapes the characterization of Xiao Yao and the tone of the scene, highlighting differences in her assertiveness and demeanor between the two versions.

Plus: 
In the "Original version," the phrase "you go back quickly to Qing Qiu" is used, while in the "Koala version," it's changed to "you scram back to Qing Qiu."

The choice of words carries different connotations:

"You go back quickly to Qing Qiu": This phrase is straightforward and instructive, suggesting urgency but in a relatively neutral tone. It implies a sense of immediacy without any particular emphasis on urgency or forcefulness.

"You scram back to Qing Qiu": The word "scram" is informal and carries a more forceful tone compared to "go back quickly." It adds a sense of urgency and impatience to Xiao Yao's command, emphasizing her frustration and desire for Jing to leave immediately.

Overall, the alteration in wording from "you go back quickly" to "you scram back" contributes to a difference in tone and intensity between the two versions, highlighting Xiao Yao's emotions and assertiveness in the "Koala version."

(pending more comparaisons) - draft.

Thank  you @ Wynny Aye for sharing the Thai version I am loving it more and more

@Symbolika1. Thank you for the lost in translation posts. I find them rwalky interesting . The more I read them the more I love Jing in the Chinese text abd the Thai. Also  fund Xiao Yao very interesting.  

Symbolika1:
more comparaisons

Passage -Extract :

Original Translated version :

"Xiao Yao... I'm not worthy of you! In this world, there are many strong, smart, and handsome young men…" “Jing, look up!" Tushan Jing, raised his head." Jing raised his head slowly. Xiao Yao brought her face closer to his. 

She muttered softly, “Last night a man forced me to kiss him. Now all I can think about is wanting to kiss you.” Her lips placed a soft kiss on his lips. Jing's body shook for once. Instantly, he fell backwards to escape Xiao Yao. “Don't...Xiao Yao" Xiao Yao closed her eyes and looked up, both cheeks were blushed. Her body trembled. “Jing...Jing....” Xiao Yao's soft voice was shaking that almost incomprehensible. Jing felt like he was trembling. His kiss touched the light red spot in the center of Xiao Yao's forehead. It was as if a group of flames were burning from the middle of Xiao Yao's forehead towards his heart, warmed up his ice-cold heart. Maybe, sooner or later, there will come a day when the hidden wound inside his body, which has no way to cure, could be able to restore as good as before. Jing hugged Xiao Yao tightly. His head rested in the crook of her neck. He was happy like it was a dream. It made him just think about hugging Xiao Yao and not letting go forever. Xiao Yao moaned. "You are choking me until I couldn't breathe."

Koalas: 

"Xiao Yao, I’m not good enough for you! This time, there will be many handsome, smart, physically whole young men…..” “Jing, raise your head! Tu Shan Jing, raise you head.” Jing slowly raised his head and Xiao Yao put her face right in front of his and murmured “Last night, a man forced me to kiss him, but right now all I want to do is kiss you.” Her lips softly landed on his lips and Jing’s body shook and he darted backwards “No….Xiao Yao.” Xiao Yao closed her eyes and raised her face, her cheeks bright red as her body softly shivered “Jing…..Jing…..” Xiao Yao’s soft voice was so low he almost could hear what she was saying, but Jing was shaking as his lips touched the peach blossom birthmark on her forehead and it felt like a fire burned from Xiao Yao straight to his head. His cold heart warned up, with the hope that one day those scars concealed deep within his heart would also heal. Jing tightly embraced Xiao Yao and buried his face in her neck, this joy like a dream where he just wanted to hold Xiao Yao forever and never let go. Xiao Yao murmured “You’re suffocating me.”

1. Dialogue Depth and Complexity:

• In the "Original version," Jing's dialogue, "Xiao Yao... I'm not worthy of you," showcases his inner turmoil and humility. The phrase "I'm not worthy of you" suggests a deep sense of inadequacy and self-awareness, revealing Jing's profound feelings for Xiao Yao and his perception of his own shortcomings.
    • In contrast, the "Koala version" simplifies Jing's sentiment to "Xiao Yao, I’m not good enough for you." While still conveying a similar message, this phrasing lacks the same depth and complexity. It portray Jing's feelings with less nuance,  reducing the emotional impact of his confession.
  2. Description of Emotions and Reactions:

• The "Original version" provides detailed descriptions of Xiao Yao's and Jing's physical and emotional reactions during their intimate moment. Xiao Yao's blushing cheeks, trembling body, and shaky voice convey her vulnerability and emotional intensity. Jing's physical reaction, such as trembling and falling backwards, underscores the impact of Xiao Yao's actions on him.
    • Conversely, the "Koala version" offers more simplified descriptions of their emotions and reactions. While it still mentions Xiao Yao's blushing cheeks and trembling body, the language used does not evoke the same depth of emotion or intensity. Similarly, Jing's reaction is described more succinctly,  diminishing the emotional impact of the scene.
  3. Dialogue Continuity and Flow:

• In the "Original version," the dialogue flows seamlessly from Jing's confession to Xiao Yao's response, maintaining continuity and enhancing the realism of the interaction between the characters. Xiao Yao's moaning and expression of discomfort add depth to the scene and reinforce the emotional connection between the characters.
    • However, the "Koala version" disrupts this continuity by omitting Xiao Yao's expression of discomfort. This omission affect the flow of the scene and reduce its coherence, potentially impacting the reader's immersion in the story.
  4. Narrative Subtleties:

• The "Original version" includes subtle details, such as Jing's kiss touching the light red spot on Xiao Yao's forehead and the imagery of flames burning from her forehead to his heart. These details add layers of symbolism and depth to the narrative, enriching the reader's understanding of the characters' emotions and the significance of the moment.
    • In comparison, the "Koala version" provides a more straightforward narrative without the same level of symbolic imagery or subtlety. While still conveying the essence of the scene, it  lack the same depth and complexity as the "Original version."

Overall, the "Original version" offers a more nuanced and emotionally resonant portrayal of the scene, with detailed descriptions, complex character interactions, and subtle narrative elements. In contrast, the "Koala version" simplifies certain aspects of the scene, potentially resulting in a less intense and immersive reading experience.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also further -

Extract compartive : 

"...physically whole young men…..”  vs  "....there are many strong, smart, and handsome young men…"

introduces a notable difference in tone and connotation: 

1. Physically Whole" vs "Strong, Smart, and Handsome":

• The phrase "physically whole young men" used in the "Koala version" appears to focus more on physical integrity or completeness. It suggests that the young men being referred to are physically healthy and unimpaired.
    • On the other hand, "strong, smart, and handsome young men" in the "Original version" emphasizes a combination of qualities beyond physical appearance. It implies that these men possess not only physical attractiveness but also strength and intelligence, contributing to a more well-rounded characterization.
  2. Connotation:

• "Physically whole" in the "Koala version" carries a more literal and straightforward connotation, lacking the nuanced qualities implied by "strong, smart, and handsome" in the "Original version."
    • "Strong, smart, and handsome" conveys a broader and more idealized image of the young men, suggesting qualities beyond physical appearance. It adds depth and richness to the description, painting a more vivid picture of the potential suitors in the context of the narrative.
  3. Impact on Characterization:

• The choice of language in the "Original version" contributes to a more detailed and nuanced characterization of the potential suitors. It provides insight into the standards or expectations within the narrative world and hints at the qualities valued by the characters.
    • Conversely, the phrase "physically whole young men" in the "Koala version" come across as more simplistic or literal. It does not convey the same level of depth or complexity in characterizing the potential suitors, potentially resulting in a less vivid or engaging portrayal.

It appears that the "Koala version" tends to present Jing in a somewhat downgraded light compared to the "Original version." Here's how:

1. Choice of Words:

• In the "Original version," the phrase "strong, smart, and handsome young men" paints a positive and favorable image of potential suitors. These descriptors imply admirable qualities and suggest that Jing is part of a group of desirable individuals.
    • Conversely, the phrase "physically whole young men" in the "Koala version" lacks the same level of positivity and admiration. It focuses solely on physical integrity, which  suggest a more basic or superficial standard for comparison, potentially downplaying Jing's attributes and reducing the emphasis on his positive qualities.
  2. Context and Implication:

• By describing potential suitors as "strong, smart, and handsome," the "Original version" implies that Jing possesses these qualities as well, positioning him among desirable candidates. This portrayal enhances Jing's character and suggests that he is a viable option for Xiao Yao.
    • However, the use of "physically whole" in the "Koala version" does not  imply the same level of desirability or positive attributes. Instead, it suggest a more simplistic or limited perspective on Jing's qualities, potentially downplaying his overall appeal and importance within the narrative.
  3. Impact on Characterization:

• The "Original version" presents Jing as a character with desirable traits and qualities, reinforcing his status and importance within the narrative. This portrayal enhances his appeal to the reader and contributes to his overall characterization as a strong and admirable individual.
    • On the other hand, the "Koala version" inadvertently or not, downplay Jing's qualities and diminish his significance by using language that focuses solely on physical attributes. This portrayal does not fully capture the depth and complexity of Jing's character,  leading to a less nuanced depiction overall.

In summary, the choice of words and framing in the "Koala version" compared to the "Original version" contribute to a portrayal of Jing that is somewhat downgraded or less positively depicted. This difference in presentation impact the reader's perception of Jing's character and his role within the narrative.

More to explore! :)

Symbolika1:
More to explore! :)

Extract:

Koala version : 

The sun was rising and the dawn was cold and misty. The figure seemed to blend into the rock, standing in the distance, appearing to wait forever more. Xiao Yao didn’t know if she was too tired, or happy, but her voice was gone and she couldn’t call out. She weakly raised her hand to wave but nothing moved. Finally the figure saw her and didn’t even bother to walk along the shoreline and instead dove into the ocean and swam to Xiao Yao. Jing held her up and the two of them were treading water. Xiao Yao was so exhausted she was shivering, and for whatever reason, Jing was also shivering. Xiao Yao said “Don’t….don’t….in the water.” After a night in the water, she didn’t want to be here anymore. Jing carried her on shore but after taking a few steps his foot slipped and he fell back. He was afraid she would be hurt so turned to land on his back with a loud thud.

Original translation:

At this time, the sky began to glow dimly with the cold of the morning The tall, slender figure seemed to have merged with the rocks. between heaven and earth It turned into waiting until the end of time. Xiao Yao didn't know if it was because she was tired  or  happy? Her throat was stiff and she couldn't make a sound. She raised her hand weakly. It's like waving herhand. But she didn't move an inch. Finally, the person standing on the rock saw her. He didn't care to walk along the shore. But he flew and jumped off the cliff into the sea, swimming to Xiao Yao's side with with all his strength and picked her up. Both are soaked in water. Xiao Yao was exhausted. her body trembled non-stop. But she didn't know why the body trembled non-stop as well. Both of them were trembling until they could not speak. Xiao Yao heard the sound of his upper and lower teeth clicking against each other. She felt both sad and funny. She concentrated on getting dressed. She never thought that she would appeared such the most miserable state. Xiao Yao said, her voice shaking because of the cold.

1. Description of Setting:

• The "Koala version" depicts the dawn as "cold and misty," emphasizing the harshness of the environment. This choice of language sets a tone of discomfort and uncertainty.
    • On the other hand, the "Original version" describes the sky as "glowing dimly with the cold of the morning," which evokes a more poetic and atmospheric imagery. The phrase "between heaven and earth" adds a sense of grandeur and mystery to the setting, hinting at a deeper connection between the characters and their surroundings.
  2. Physical Actions and Reactions:

• In the "Koala version," Jing's immediate dive into the ocean and the characters' shivering from exhaustion and cold portray a sense of urgency and physical discomfort. Xiao Yao's simple dialogue "Don’t….don’t….in the water" conveys her immediate concern for their well-being.
    • In contrast, the "Original version" presents Jing's actions as more daring and heroic, with him flying and jumping off the cliff into the sea. This adds a sense of boldness and determination to his character. Additionally, Xiao Yao's internal reflection on their trembling and her mixed emotions adds depth to her characterization, showing her resilience and ability to find humor even in difficult situations.
  3. Dialogue and Character Interaction:

• The "Koala version" offers minimal dialogue, focusing primarily on Xiao Yao's brief expression of discomfort. This simplicity maintains a sense of urgency and tension in the scene.
    • In contrast, the "Original version" includes more dialogue and interaction between Xiao Yao and Jing, providing insight into their emotional state and the dynamics of their relationship. Xiao Yao's observation of Jing's teeth clicking together and her subsequent reflection on their situation add layers to their characterization and deepen the reader's understanding of their bond.
  4. Tone and Atmosphere:

• The "Koala version" maintains a straightforward and action-oriented tone, emphasizing the characters' immediate physical struggles and the urgency of their situation.
    • Conversely, the "Original version" incorporates elements of introspection and poetic imagery, creating a more atmospheric and emotionally resonant tone. Xiao Yao's internal reflections and the vivid descriptions of their surroundings add depth to the scene and enhance its impact on the reader.

In summary, while both versions depict the same scene of Xiao Yao and Jing facing challenges at sea, they differ in their portrayal of setting, character interactions, and tone. The "Koala version" emphasizes immediacy and physical discomfort, while the "Original version" incorporates subtleties and nuances that deepen the reader's engagement with the characters and their journey.

It appears , again...that the "Koala version" is downtoning the interaction between Xiao Yao and Jing compared to the "Original version." Here's how:

1. Simplification of Actions:

• In the "Koala version," Jing's immediate action is to dive into the ocean and swim to Xiao Yao, which appears more practical and less dramatic. This simplification might reduce the intensity of the rescue and the sense of urgency in the scene.
    • Conversely, the "Original version" describes Jing's actions as more daring and heroic, as he flies and jumps off the cliff into the sea. This portrayal adds a sense of boldness and determination to Jing's character, elevating the emotional impact of the rescue.
  2. Reduction of Dialogue and Interaction:

• The "Koala version" offers minimal dialogue, primarily focusing on Xiao Yao's simple expression of discomfort. This reduction in dialogue limits the emotional depth and complexity of the interaction between Xiao Yao and Jing.
    • In contrast, the "Original version" includes more dialogue and interaction between Xiao Yao and Jing, providing insight into their emotional state and the dynamics of their relationship. This adds depth to their characterization and strengthens the reader's connection to the characters.
  3. Omission of Internal Reflections:

• The "Koala version" omits Xiao Yao's internal reflections on their situation and her mixed emotions, which reduces the depth of her characterization and the reader's understanding of her inner thoughts and feelings.
    • Conversely, the "Original version" includes Xiao Yao's internal reflections, adding layers to her character and providing insight into her resilience and ability to find humor even in difficult situations. This enhances the emotional richness of the scene and deepens the reader's engagement with the characters.
  4. Tone and Atmosphere:

• The "Koala version" maintains a straightforward and action-oriented tone, which detract from the emotional complexity and atmosphere of the scene.
    • In contrast, the "Original version" incorporates poetic imagery and introspection, creating a more atmospheric and emotionally resonant tone. This enhances the reader's immersion in the scene and strengthens the impact of the interaction between Xiao Yao and Jing.

Overall, the "Koala version"downtone the interaction between Xiao Yao and Jing compared to the "Original version," primarily through simplification of actions, reduction of dialogue and interaction, omission of internal reflections, and tone.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Shift in EmphasisThe "Koala version" as it prioritize different aspects of the narrative compared to the "Original version." By simplifying the interaction between Xiao Yao and Jing, the focus  shift away from their relationship dynamics or emotional depth to other elements of the story. 

Symbolika1:
explore

Extract:

Koala's version:

Xiao Yao’s face was white and her lips were black with cold. Jing put one hand on her back and the other on her palm and transferred power into her. Gradually it moved through her body and she stopped shivering.

It was bright sun outside by now but under the outcropping they were in the shade.

Original Thaï translation:

Xiao Yao's face was white. Her lips were dark green. Jing placed his one hand on the back of her heart. His other hand held her hand, slowly conveying his magic power into her so that it circulated within her body. After several rounds, Xiao Yao's body stop trembling. At this time, the sky outside was already very bright, but this small niche under the ridge, obscured by rocks and shadows from trees, was still dim.

The phrase "Jing placed his one hand on the back of her heart" from the "Original version" offers a nuanced description of Jing's gesture while transferring power to Xiao Yao. Here's an analysis of this subtle detail:

1. Symbolism of the Heart:

• Placing his hand on the back of Xiao Yao's heart symbolizes Jing's direct connection to her innermost emotions and vitality. The heart is often associated with deep feelings, compassion, and life force, suggesting that Jing's action goes beyond merely addressing Xiao Yao's physical discomfort.
  2. Intimacy and Care:

• By focusing on the heart, Jing's action conveys a sense of intimacy and care. It suggests that he is not only addressing Xiao Yao's physical condition but also attending to her emotional well-being. This gesture implies a deep level of understanding and empathy between the characters.
  3. Depth of Power Transfer:

• The specificity of placing his hand on the back of her heart implies a deliberate and targeted approach to transferring power. This detail suggests that Jing's magic is not just a superficial remedy but penetrates deeply into Xiao Yao's being, affecting her on a profound level.
  4. Metaphorical Resonance:

• The phrase carries metaphorical resonance, suggesting that Jing's actions are not just about alleviating physical discomfort but also about nurturing and healing Xiao Yao's inner self. It implies a transformative process where Jing's power infuses Xiao Yao with strength, resilience, and emotional stability.

The decision to remove the reference to the heart in the "Koala version" alters the symbolic, emotional, and metaphorical dimensions of the scene, resulting in a less nuanced portrayal of the interaction between Jing and Xiao Yao.

Overall, the phrase "Jing placed his one hand on the back of her heart" adds depth and significance to the scene, highlighting the emotional and symbolical dimensions of Jing's power transfer to Xiao Yao. It underscores the intimacy between the characters and the transformative nature of their interaction.

In short: in this translated passage we lost XIAO YAO's Heart in the translation: wich is still beating in the chinese version too: http://m.xsbiquge.la/book/36337/19812273.html+ https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/122339-tong-hua-s-xiaojing-drama-novel-exploration-x1f49c?page=15 

It's Valentine Day...so .... I guess it's a good thing to bring her heart back  :D <3 !

@Symbolika1 

Yes :)! I am more than happy to start the chapter 14, and get more positive vibes for us who are covering it , and Xiao Yao 's character who starts the chapter with...no water..not in the water....:D! Was enough of vicious mass things!

Lol it's really is viscous mass.. I have glad after all the swimming at night... we now have the bright day time.....

@Symbolika1

Overall, the "Koala version"downtone the interaction between Xiao Yao and Jing compared to the "Original version," primarily through simplification of actions, reduction of dialogue and interaction, omission of internal reflections, and tone.

Yes ..it felt so tone down. ...Besides Koala did skip some lines...

I mean she skippped this whole lines..

Translated Thai ver..

Koala ver

It missed Xiao Yao's disapointment in getting her dressing ruined. Anyway...Koala still capture burning&happiness between yaojing...although its tone down....and some lines are missed..

peng-peng:

Thank  you @ Wynny Aye for sharing the Thai version I am loving it more and more

@Symbolika1. Thank you for the lost in translation posts. I find them rwalky interesting . The more I read them the more I love Jing in the Chinese text abd the Thai. Also  fund Xiao Yao very interesting.  

Yes ...lol.I love how we get more explicit ..hehe..I wish I could just read Chinese ...right now...

@winny

"Xiao Yao thought about Xiang Liu and buried her face in her arms and went silent"

Thanks so much for examining this part, the part I can not understand is Xiao Yao's action 

"buried her face in her arms and went silent" 

To me, it seems like an emotional act, but what kind of emotion?        Upset?      Angry?      Missing?

or simply recollecting past experiences?

"She didn't know if he was Xiang Liu or Fang Feng Bei right now"

Does "he" refer to the one Xiao Yao thought about?        But I thought only Xiang Liu used to share some experience with Xiao Yao underwater in the ocean...         I thought FFB hung out with her mostly on land.      Or was Xiao Yao also fascinated with FFB?

I really think very highly of you and your ideas but I do not think you should so quickly rule out the possibility of Xiao Yao having more than "just buddy thoughts" about these two guys. 

@ah_luck

I really think very highly of you and your ideas but I do not think you should so quickly rule out the possibility of Xiao Yao having more than "just buddy thoughts" about these two guys.

Hmm ...I think I could guess where you coming from. 

Anyway...thank you so much for "think highly". 

But you don't have to. Just stick with how you see  the scene. 

I am not going analysis deeper because it's not the time yet. So will not argue with what you stated because we are not there yet. 

But in short my answer is what I said before ...

"No matter whatever attachment Xiao Yao had for XL throughout the story, I am glad she never really fall in love with him."

Whatever you think about my answer is your own choice.