emis:

wow sexy!

:⁠-⁠D he'll always be(⁠^.^⁠) thankssss a lot for appreciati g DW. btw hiiiii, welcome to the thread???

peng-peng:

Who wants to change the ending?

sorry, what do you mean, is it abt hong yi's answer? it was his opinion during their grp interview abt lyf. (⁠^⁠.^⁠) ?

Symbolika1:

You are already doing so much in here, just take laziness as your reward!

:)))

thanksssss again? but im soooo that bear since a while ago.??

peng-peng 

My thoughts on Hou.

Very simple really. Regardless of how TSJ's mother treated him,  if Hou had really loved TSJ the way TSJ loved him, there is no way in hell he would have  done what he dud to him : torture, take his fiance, have sex with her, use her to humiliate His little brother, tried to kill him. 

So regardless of how Jing's mother  treated him she never went that far with him. Hou had never liked his little brother .

ohh interesting thoughts. {thanksss for responding btw, appreciate it sm?} ?(⁠^.⁠^⁠)

peng-peng 

He has always wanted to be the true heir since he is the eldest. He resent his position since he is the son of a maid.

Symbolika1 

There's a very strong struggle for power and leadership within their family. He constanly feel overshadowed and jealous of Jing rising and later settled authority, therefore jalous of all  favors  within the family, and further on , in extend, to all contracted allegiances and alliances. His ambition and search for power,  lead him to the desire to eliminate/erase Jing. His rival to enemy for power.

feels overlooked / less appreciated. His ego, his person feel the need to take- whaterver it takes/cost that  very first place. The Number One :D. Tushan clan is known to be competitive, and he got that essence, but it poison him to the core.

the need to be acknowledged---

w/ how Jing was described---} {also imo, how their mother treated both, the difference there} 

im also interested with the hunger of power or holding the position of Tushan clan leader esp with its wealth, connections-- with why Jing kind of decided to cut off Hou's wings {i read it before} 

curious to read more thoughts abt him and these topics covered from what yaojingS read or understood} :⁠-⁠D 

Symbolika1 

Killing Jing is maybe killing too-  a part of himself that he hates the most-> The one he imagine he could be, but is not and never will be.   Because he is just himself.    And it cannot be otherwise....

Humanity has depicted this matter with for exemple : Abel and Cain (Bible)// César Borgia(Italy)//Richard III(Eng.)//Romulus et Remus(Italy)//Seth & Osiris(Egypt)//Médéa(Greece).

interesting thoughts. ?(⁠^⁠.^⁠) 

btw, forgot to add, like that gif after point no.3 "if you can't have what you want, you make certain everyone else is as miserable" 

thanksss peng-peng and Symbolika1  for sharing your thoughts on hou. detailed or summarized, appreciate them, enjoyed reading them. ??

hello good morning good afternoon good evening good night...:D Im reading the posts...

Before I write on Shiqi&Jing let me write a little more Hou. Yep I agree with Peng Peng that is Hou ever loved Jing like Jing loved him , he wont do what he did. 

I have said that I I wish there was a little more him. Because MS TH had me thinking Hou might have been good too because he used cared about TSJ and then does not show how and why clearly. Because we need to assume what may make Hou the person he became. I am saying this because his character is interesting but then again I personally feel something was a little lacking there. Again I need rereading. 

But so far what I get from Hou is that he was super jealous of Tushan Jing. He wanted to destroy everything TSJ is but not actually killing at once but to suffer mentally as well. The scars on TSJ 's body was quite descriptive. 

in chapter 1

Xiao Liu realized he probably reacted this way to the torture as well, the person being shamed having more dignity than the person shaming. The person torturing him would have been filled with even more rage and therefore increased the torture.

It showed TSH's rage was from his feelings of being inferiority too. And like Symbolika1 said he had this feeling of being the beast  (in  how he dealed with getting fish ruby and also courting XY) and his being born as the eldest must had made him had this ambitions and always thought he'd ought to be the leader. (This remind me of Demon Slayer manga I read, there are two sons of Samurai where the elder was being ambitious not strong or good at fighting the younger one and elder bro spent his whole life trying to kill young bro . but that story was very written . sorry for off topic). 

But Hou become a total screwed up and coward. Even in near end of his life he's telling Jing that the fight would be fair when he already know Jing was not physically strong. But yep like AH had said that scene showed Hou used of his physical strength and Jing use of his strategy in escaping by choosing the fight place near river. 

What i totally get from this character is that his jealousy and ambitions and vengeance nature never sent him to his victory . His physical strength in winning over Jing never actually give him happiness. Or at least he never felt like a winner because he could not let go things he should have let go of.  Nevertheless his background story was not enough for me to feel any sympathy for him.

@dtsj_sapphire 

im also interested with the hunger of power or holding the position of Tushan clan leader esp with its wealth, connections-- with why Jing kind of decided to cut off Hou's wings {i read it before}

I need to reread for this part. 

Symbolika1:

You are already doing so much in here, just take laziness as your reward!

:)))

its what i am feeling atm..:D

Winny Aye 

hello good morning good afternoon good evening good night... :D

:⁠-⁠D

Winny Aye:

its what i am feeling atm..:D

:⁠-⁠D :⁠-⁠D feel you.

Winny Aye:

@dtsj_sapphire 

I need to reread for this part. 

yesss me too, ill find it in the novel, and so im curious what others say abt that coz i read it from an analysis i believe. ill look for that link and share here, i think it's a good one, it touched some other topics concerning tushan clan, Jing and Hou. ?

@Symbolika1

Competition: Jin  as the favored son, triggered even more  jealousy in his brother.  He feels overlooked / less appreciated. His ego, his person feel the need to take- whaterver it takes/cost that  very first place. The Number One :D. Tushan clan is known to be competitive, and he got that essence, but it poison him to the core. While Jing just enjoy competition like playing chess.  Nothing more, nothing less. It stimulate his intelligence! It's fun, it's resolving puzzles and riddles. Unlike Hou who loses his intellingence,  extended in time,  in plotting and death wishing just to shine out.

Yes , lol..thats how I am seeing Hou's rage face and Jing calmly playing chess. ♟️♥️

Winny Aye 

Im reading the posts...

reading yours too ?.

I have said that I I wish there was a little more him. Because MS TH had me thinking Hou might have been good too because he used cared about TSJ and then does not show how and why clearly. Because we need to assume what may make Hou the person he became. I am saying this because his character is interesting but then again I personally feel something was a little lacking there. Again I need rereading.

and so im all the more curious to read thoughts abt him. ??