Ari_Lee:

I firmly believe there were definitely feelings there, but he never manned up to those feelings and he wouldn't let go of his "cause".

To be fair, he has reasons enough. ..but but... as much as I saw YaoLiu fan comments.. they mock Jing for being too straight forward ..and like Jing has nothing much to lose blah blah...and that how XL love so  epic great blah blah...I m like 😏  

Ari_Lee:

Always, so I just commented because I couldn't find what they were referring to. They just mentioned Newton's third law, but without the original comment to see what prompted the reaction, I stand by my initial reply. lol

Oh my, Newton’s third law, lol.  We must be back in high school.

Sunbath12:
I don’t understand him lol but I enjoy TJC’s interpretation of him, a lot of pathos.

Exactly.

Winny Aye:

To be fair, he has reasons enough. ..but but... as much as I saw YaoLiu fan comments.. they mock Jing for being too straight forward ..and like Jing has nothing much to lose blah blah...and that how XL love so  epic great blah blah...I m like 😏  

While I don’t understand XL’s reasons because I just don’t have that personal experience of being indebted to someone in that way, I can admire his devotion and resolve. But as we know, TSJ has much to lose too. His experiences under Hou’s torture and being saved by XY make him realize what is important to him and how he wants to live his life. It’s just the how to achieve that that takes a while

Sunbath12:

While I don’t understand XL’s reasons because I just don’t have that personal experience of being indebted to someone in that way, I can admire his devotion and resolve. But as we know, TSJ has much to lose too. His experiences under Hou’s torture and being saved by XY make him realize what is important to him and how he wants to live his life. It’s just the how to achieve that that takes a while

Umm...His character has been most difficult for me to get through...because for his initial unnecessary assualts to WXL...(but I think the author want you to dislike him first and then love him later)...but as I read whole novel. .what I get from his character is that of resistance rival soldier ....of course if we look from today perspective would be stupid to fight war thats not gonna win...I dont see it as indebted.. I guess heros or soldiers from that have this. ..how do I say the word...something he was committed to his comarades and his savior. .he stay by his principle being a rival soldier ..it would never make sense for him to run away from something he and his comarades has been holding on so far.(especially leaving off with a lady from opposite side) . No sane man will do that at the time I guess because this drama is not about going against all odds. It stays as sort of bit realistic. And there it's honour to die with all of those whom they had been fighting with together for long time. Which i say again is different/opposite  from XY inner most wish in life.

I don't like how many XL fans look down on Jing and especially using the word "doormat". That's actually too much. If they like more challenging man is fine. There's nothing to criticise about Jing, knowing his own heart and follow it,  But the fact that they missed out about this character is his inner wish to just live a life with someone he love far far from mad mad world, the hatred, complicated stuffs which are challenging  because at the end of the day life is just life. I think he enjoy being Ye Se Qi. He just want to live.

Edit: I just wanna add his understanding  society after he was humilated that the world is just mad and society is fake. That he doesn't want anything to with again. Its because of XY that he actually become TSJ again. 

@ Winnie Aye: I think because it was Gong Gong who saved XL, it made a huge impression on him, who at the time was a slave (just like Left Ear). It’s sort of a life debt. I don’t think Gong Gong necessarily intended for XL to HAVE to stick to him or the rebels’ army (I can’t recall right now from the novel), but it’s what XL decided to do. And as you said, there’s the soldier’s bond he has with his army, and yeah, it’s something I probably will never understand having had no experience in that myself.

For TSJ, yeah I agree he is happiest living as YSQ - not only because it was as YSQ he knew XY initially (although that is certainly a major part), but also because he can appreciate life again in all it’s hopefulness and simplicity.

@Sunbath

And as you said, there’s the soldier’s bond he has with his army, and yeah, it’s something I probably will never understand having had no experience in that myself.

We all have no experience lol. It's just something we heard from history and the past about how committed comarades on one side should be. If anyone betray is death panelty. XL may have choices. ..but its not something he think he should do. His commitment is his repayment to his savior. ..

goodness gracious lol, one can’t even comment on the main section calling out toxicity without a fanatic XL fan trying to jump you lmao 🤦🏽‍♀️. Wheew I’m glad this forum is a happy stress free place

Romans_Revenge:

goodness gracious lol, one can’t even comment on the main section calling out toxicity without a fanatic XL fan trying to jump you lmao 🤦🏽‍♀️. Wheew I’m glad this forum is a happy stress free place

Same here. This is our safe haven. 😊

Romans_Revenge:

What happened now? lol

His Smile:

Same here. This is our safe haven. 😊

Lol no but this is serious, cos why make one a villain for letting you know how great the section has become again. one person trying to make me the bad guy for calling them out lmao, I’m like babe, this is ain’t 🥴

Ari_Lee:

What happened now? lol

Lol just this XL fan making me a villain, cos I said the comment section has become cool again compared to before.  I explained why but you know,deaf ears & all lol. He/she accuses me of calling XY a blood atm & I said I don’t recall saying that, but even if I did…isn’t she tho? Doesn’t XL feed on her any chance he gets? Even she herself said it. I even added how people were tryna jump me in the comments the very first time I wrote I like jing more. Lmao hey I love being the villain so I’m good ☺️.

Romans_Revenge:

Lol just this XL fan making me a villain, cos I said the comment section has become cool again compared to before.  I explained why but you know,deaf ears & all lol. He/she accuses me of calling XY a blood atm & I said I don’t recall saying that, but even if I did…isn’t she tho? Doesn’t XL feed on her any chance he gets? Even she herself said it. I even added how people were tryna jump me in the comments the very first time I wrote I like jing more. Lmao hey I love being the villain so I’m good ☺️.

Ah, I see where the misunderstanding is. She thinks you said XL fans are blood ATMs not XY. I haven't read a comment like that , so I have no idea who would have said it. 

The biting was hot though. *Loves vampire-like things*. Jajaja

Romans_Revenge:

They always result to playing victim when called out... But whenever one of  them start attacking/calling  Jing names  in the comment section the others flock in agreeing with them and no one butt an eye. 

Ari_Lee:

Ah, I see where the misunderstanding is. She thinks you said XL fans are blood ATMs not XY. I haven't read a comment like that , so I have no idea who would have said it. 

The biting was hot though. *Loves vampire-like things*. Jajaja

Lmao but why would I call XL fans blood atm? Bahaha unless they see themselves as such. That’s why reading is fundamental, they only read what they wanna read & blow everything outta context.