MengXiang:

I lost the links to the one where she resurrected him. Does anyone have the link handy.

Or anyone other you would recommend.

I've only read two thus far. 

相思日月长 is the one where she resurrects Xiang Liu using a fragment of his soul which Gong Gong managed to preserve.

不负相思意 is the one where she manages to go back in time due to the mirror after his death, and makes different choices, knowing now what she didn't before.

liddi:
相思日月长 is the one where she resurrects Xiang Liu using a fragment of his soul which Gong Gong managed to preserve.

Oh perfect!!

liddi:
不负相思意 is the one where she manages to go back in time due to the mirror after his death, and makes different choices, knowing now what she didn't before.

Yes, this is the one I saved last time you shared it. I love me some time-travel stories!! Always a good way to fix things (or mess it all up even more lol)

I read this fanfic and found it quite good as AU for LYF. The story diverges from central plain part, where Cuan Xuan still struggle to consolidate. power and supporters. In this fanfic XL was captured by Xiyan King and XY went back to Xiyan Palace to save him.  It got quite smutty😉 in the middle and the resolution for XY-XL dilemma is a bit too neat and slightly out of character for Hong Jiang but I‘ll take this version to help me move on. 

‚不负相思意 is the one where she manages to go back in time due to the mirror after his death, and makes different choices, knowing now what she didn't before.‘

I‘ve read this version as well, but maybe because of the google translation I find XL in this version a bit too mushy. I find it to be so out of character of him to say ‘I love you‘ to XY so many time.  And I don‘t like that XY went time travel without having proper closure with Jing because she married him already, so technically she‘s already someone‘s wife so everything that happened after time travel was cheating in all fairness 🤔. The author‘s idea of how time travel  can happen and how XY can save  XL is good though and well thought. I wish Tong Hua read this fanfic as well.

Is it really true that they shot two alternative endings for LYF?

liddi:

Yes she finally decided to marathon it over 3 days last weekend. You can see her journey here on p204.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers?pid=2809803&page=204#p2809803

I am starting to regret her watching the drama though because of how much it has affected her. And she is now encouraging her good friend to watch too. The poison continues to spread... 

your daughter journey is exactly my journey. Yes we‘ve been robbed. She‘s welcome to join our group therapy here anytime 😉.

luv2bafangurl:

your daughter journey is exactly my journey. Yes we‘ve been robbed. She‘s welcome to join our group therapy here anytime 😉.

Would you have the link to the fanfic you mentioned. Not sure how I feel about a mid story rewrite...

liddi:

I've only read two thus far. 

Thanks. That's the one. 

luv2bafangurl:
I read this fanfic and found it quite good as AU for LYF. The story diverges from central plain part, where Cuan Xuan still struggle to consolidate. power and supporters.

I just started reading this one yesterday and I was wondering who this Aliu character is and where is Xiao Yao. Then, I read further and realized it was just the prologue lol.

luv2bafangurl:
I‘ve read this version as well, but maybe because of the google translation I find XL in this version a bit too mushy. I find it to be so out of character of him to say ‘I love you‘ to XY so many time. And I don‘t like that XY went time travel without having proper closure with Jing because she married him already, so technically she‘s already someone‘s wife so everything that happened after time travel was cheating in all fairness 🤔. The author‘s idea of how time travel can happen and how XY can save XL is good though and well thought. I wish Tong Hua read this fanfic as well.

I really love this AU. The only thing that I found really out of character was XY at the end and how she treated her kid. Maybe it was how google translated it, but it made her look kind of uncaring towards her kid and selfish.

luv2bafangurl:

Yeah, right?? She's all of us.

MengXiang:

Would you have the link to the fanfic you mentioned. Not sure how I feel about a mid story rewrite...

Ups my bad, I forgot to post the link in my previous post. Here it is:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/49912225/chapters/126008476

luv2bafangurl:

Ohhhhh

Archive of Our Own...finally!!!

It reminds me of my Reylo days bahaha

luv2bafangurl:

ohh lol I thought you were talking about the fanfic liddi recommended. Thanks for the link :)

This might be a good time to mention that I did end up finishing that Titanic-inspired fic: https://archiveofourown.org/works/50959165/chapters/128743111

Fair warning again though, it's 100% canon-compliant with the novel (nothing from the original story is changed) and, like Rose in the Titanic, it acknowledges that the female lead had a long, happy life (including children and grandchildren) with another man (TSJ). So it's definitely not for everyone (nathsketch ^^). 

It also hasn't been beta-read yet, so if you do end up reading it and find any typos or have any suggestions for edits, please let me know! ^^

Also, I’m curious to know about all those FLs choosing toxic men over good guys. Can I get a recommendation list? Every single drama I’ve watched so far had the good guy winning. I want some different plots for a change.

nathsketch:
Especially when reading comments like these:

"I love tushan Jing. I pray they end up together. I'm tired of fls choosing toxic men over good guys.

nathsketch:
I like that she seems to love him most for now. I only see friendship vibes with her & xiang lu.

Liking ' bad boys' is why most people end up in abusive relationships.

lol I deleted my previous comment since it sounded too neutral. Nah, I have to say something for real. Why do they have to bring up "liking bad boys is why most people end up in abusive relationships" ? This isn't real life. It's all fictional smh.

And only friendship vibes from her and XL? See, this is why cutting down the moments XY & XL had in the novel is a bad thing. Some people who only see things at face value when watching the drama can't see it. This is why the novel is way better.

Anyways, I'm not going to talk about this again.

nathsketch:

Also, I’m curious to know about all those FLs choosing toxic men over good guys. Can I get a recommendation list? Every single drama I’ve watched so far had the good guy winning. I want some different plots for a change.

lol same. I can't think of a single FL who chose the toxic man. I've never seen it happening in a CDrama.