H19279:

I don't know the chinese letter for Baozhu. Maybe Liddi knows. 

I think Bao can also mean Protect

Zhu (as you said): Pillar which support the house

So, Bao Zhu can imply XL considered himself as someone that other can rely on, as concrete protector for other

EDIT: @Liddi, I saw your post which contains the chinise letter for baozhu. I checked it and that Bao (宝) means precious not protection (保)

Yes you're right. Bao here is not 保, but 宝.  The name of Hui Chun clinic's mysterious neighbour is 宝柱. 

宝 can either mean precious, or treasure.
柱 refers to pillar

Combined, 宝柱 also refers to the string post of stringed ancient musical instruments.

windiaaa041293:
To sum up, the name Tong Hua chose is earthy, cultural and profound, which is great.

Very interesting analysis of the name and the possibilities that Xiang Liu might have imagined for himself - kudos to the author and thank you for sharing.

It really reminds me of the saying 人算不如天算 One can plan but only Heaven decides...

@blabla100

Chapter 14 - These Feelings Have No Strategy to Erase.

From the title of the chapter it does not refer to xy tsj, but more to Xy XL.. in accordance with the previous chapter. and the final conversation between xy and cx in chapter 14 is very interesting.

Doesn't this include Xiaoyao thinking about XL too?

"Xiao Yao laughed as she drank her wine and sprawled on the boat thinking to herself that if it wasn’t for Xiang Liu that bastard demon tormenting her last night, she would have jumped in right now"

windiaaa041293:
As early as 2019, Tonghua hinted at the correct way for readers to open this book in the introduction of "Sauvignon Blanc 1 Like First Meeting".
"Everything is just a gray line of grass and snakes, stretching for thousands of miles.""
What we can see with the naked eye is really the truth of everything?"

I can't see anything like this in Vol 1 Ch1. Can you please share the original text, particularly the one that refers to "gray line of grass and snakes"?

liddi:

I can't see anything like this in Vol 1 Ch1. Can you please share the original text, particularly the one that refers to "gray line of grass and snakes"?

The so-called "the gray line of grass and snakes, the hidden pulse is thousands of miles away" means that before an event happens, the author has already written some signs of its occurrence (i.e., foreshadowing), so that people will not feel surprised about it.

We just need to analyze the family in Qingsui City, it will give a clear picture of the storyline. For example: Tian er and cuanzi.

windiaaa041293:

The so-called "the gray line of grass and snakes, the hidden pulse is thousands of miles away" means that before an event happens, the author has already written some signs of its occurrence (i.e., foreshadowing), so that people will not feel surprised about it.

We just need to analyze the family in Qingsui City, it will give a clear picture of the storyline. For example: Tian er and cuanzi.

I am interested in the actual text in Chinese for "gray line of grass and snakes", which you said came from the novel. If its not from the novel, I would like to know what the original words are because the English translation do not make any sense to me.

blabla100:

I was wondering if anyone knows the meaning behind "The dream of the red chamber"? I tried google, but can't really understand much of it. 

It is very famous, classic literature, isn't it? I watched the 1987 drama adapted from the novel. My understanding of the novel as well as the title is the characters' life is like a dream (it also reflect the life of the author. He was born in a rich, power ful family but in the end the family faded away).

I watched that drama when I was a kid. It was broadcast many times in my country in the past. One of the best, classic Chinese drama up to now

liddi:

I am interested in the actual text in Chinese for "gray line of grass and snakes", which you said came from the novel. If its not from the novel, I would like to know what the original words are because the English translation do not make any sense to me.

it's just a term for a writing technique.

windiaaa041293:

it's just a term for a writing technique.

Can you please give me the term in Chinese? 

H19279:

It is very famous, classic literature, isn't it? I watched the 1987 drama adapted from the novel. My understanding of the novel as well as the title is the characters' life is like a dream (it also reflect the life of the author. He was born in a rich, power ful family but in the end the family faded away).

I watched that drama when I was a kid. It was broadcast many times in my country in the past. One of the best, classic Chinese drama up to now

Never heard of it before, to be honest. I did read a bit on google and it seems to be very famous. I am curious though, what does it have on common with LYF? 

blabla100:

I was wondering if anyone knows the meaning behind "The dream of the red chamber"? I tried google, but can't really understand much of it. 

Am personally not familiar with this piece of literature (it is not my cup of tea), but as @H19279 mentioned, it is a famous classic. This excerpt from Wiki seems to tie in with what is being attributed to Tong Hua's writing style for Lost You Forever:

As one critic points out, the couplet signifies "not a hard and fast division between truth and falsity, reality and illusion, but the impossibility of making such distinctions in any world, fictional or actual."[27] This theme is further reflected in the name of the main family, Jia (, pronounced jiǎ), which is a homophone with the character jiǎ , meaning false or fictitious; this is mirrored the surname of the other main family, Zhen (, pronounced zhēn), a homophone for the word "real" (). It is suggested that the novel is both a realistic reflection and a fictional or "dream" version of Cao's own family.

Early Chinese critics identified its two major themes as those of the nature of love, and of the transitoriness of earthly material values, as outlined in Buddhist and Taoist philosophies.[28] Later scholars echoed the philosophical aspects of love and its transcendent power as depicted in the novel.[29] One remarked that the novel is a remarkable example of the "dialectic of dream and reality, art and life, passion and enlightenment, nostalgia and knowledge."[30]

cr. Wiki

windiaaa041293:

@blabla100

From the title of the chapter it does not refer to xy tsj, but more to Xy XL.. in accordance with the previous chapter. and the final conversation between xy and cx in chapter 14 is very interesting.

"Xiao Yao laughed as she drank her wine and sprawled on the boat thinking to herself that if it wasn’t for Xiang Liu that bastard demon tormenting her last night, she would have jumped in right now"

Of course, although I don't really understand what exactly stopped her from jumping into the water? Was she tired or something, lol? She thinks of him, that's for sure. 

windiaaa041293:

@blabla100

1.Xiaoyao broke up with Xiang Liu and spent the night swimming. She met Tu Shan Jing early the next morning. Jing waited for her all night and only said a few words. She said, "I'm going back."Jing said, "I waited for you all night, thinking you wouldn't come."Xiaoyao asked angrily: "Since you think I won't come, why do you have to wait?"Xiaoyao knelt on her knees and walked in front of him, her eyes full of anger and grievance, "Do you think it was hard for you to wait all night...I tell you, I almost died last night to keep my promise to you!" Xiaoyao pushed Jing hard, "I won't play anymore, I take back my promise! Go back to Qingqiu and marry Fangfeng Yiying!"

Jing waited for her all night.Why was she so angry and aggrieved? It was because she broke up with Xiang Liu and vented her anger on Jing because of her promise to Jing.

Until Jing said that Yiying disliked him, which made her feel soft-hearted and pity, and she took the initiative to kiss Jing. As a result, Jing refused to kiss her on the mouth because "he wanted her love, and he didn't want her just because of pity. Xiaoyao had already given it to him." Too much, and he didn’t want to continue to take advantage of her kindness.”

Then she went back to deal with the dispute with A-Nian , took a nap, and then went to find Jing. On the sea of Guixu, I got drunk. "The smell of alcohol was rising, Xiaoyao's hair was heavy, her temples were pounding, and her stomach was rumbling. She knew she was really drunk, so she pushed Jing's hand away, closed her eyes and leaned against the side of the boat, waiting for that uncomfortable feeling. Go over there." "He felt Xiaoyao's body sliding down, and when he looked down at her, she actually fell asleep drunk."Jing was going back tomorrow, and in this rare companionship, she actually fell asleep drunk. On the surface, she was jealous because Yiying fed Jing drinking, but in fact, it was because of her breakup with Xiang Liu last night.

And "but she saw Jing standing up and casually untying the crown that bound his hair. His hair was covered with black hair like the Milky Way, falling down on his back and drifting in the sea breeze. He was leaning on the railing of the boat, a little careless. Lazy and somewhat casually, I looked at the dawn in the eastern sky.Xiaoyao's heart was pounding as hard as a deer for a moment. Xuanxuan called her several times, but she didn't hear him, causing everyone to look at her. "

Why on earth did she feel like a deer when she saw Jing untied her hair? Throughout the book, all the men, including Fangfeng Bei, wore their hair tied up, and only Xiang Liu had her hair hanging down. Three thousand feet, I doubt you have learned it from Yinhe Luojiutian, right? That is a waterfall , what color is it? White!Who is she thinking of?

Then she saw Hou riding a big fish back from the sea. She asked what kind of gem it was, but when Jing answered, she was distracted. "Originally, Xiao Yao was distracted when Jing was talking, but after hearing the last sentence, she suddenly became interested." She Why are you interested? Because the last sentence is "If it is a good-grade fish elixir , refined into a treasure and held in the mouth, it can extend a person's time underwater." She was still thinking about the sea.

2. After Xuanxuan quit drug addiction, she dated Jing.Xiaoyao lay on the stone, kicking the water, and said to Jing: "Let's go play in the sea next time. The bottom of the sea is very beautiful. You won't get tired of playing there all night.""good."Xiaoyao thought of Xiang Liu and buried her face in her arms, silently wondering whether he was Xiang Liu or Fang Feng Bei now. Suddenly, she grabbed Jing's arm and dragged Jing into the pond: "Accompany me to the bottom of the pond."Without waiting for Jing to answer, Xiaoyao took Yu Danzi in his mouth and pulled Jing to dive towards the bottom of the pool.Xiaoyao pointed to her lips, indicating to Jing to kiss her if she felt like she didn't have enough breath. But Jing never came to touch her, and rising was much faster than diving. Jing managed to surface with one breath, but it was also very uncomfortable. She lay on the stone, panting and coughing.Xiaoyao vomited out the fish pill purple, swam to Jing's side, and asked with embarrassment and annoyance: "Why?"Jing looked into the distance and whispered, "You didn't see me in your eyes just now."She kept thinking about Xiang Liu, and even Jing knew that he was not in her eyes!

3. At Xinyue's house, before kissing Jing Yanhua, she got herself drunk again. "Xiao Yao has a good drinking capacity. In the past, even if she drank, her mind would still be clear even if she was drunk. But tonight, she drank so much that his mind became confused."

@H19279 @liddi

Thank you for the infos, sounds like something david lynch style. 

blabla100:

Never heard of it before, to be honest. I did read a bit on google and it seems to be very famous. I am curious though, what does it have on common with LYF? 

Nothing in common. It is as classis as Journey to the west. It is a kind of romantic, historical genre. The male lead was surrounded by many talented, beautiful girls. And it is about the life of people living inside the big family. If you are curious of watching it, watch the 1987 verson. The remake was not good (I didn't watch it since the original one was almost perfect)

(English subbed) Dream of the Red Chamber 1987 红楼梦 : China Central Television : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive 

H19279:

Nothing in common. It is as classis as Journey to the west. It is a kind of romantic, historical genre. The male lead was surrounded by many talented, beautiful girls. And it is about the life of people living inside the big family

Tonghua said that she copied the writing technique. so it's not a similar story