HeadInTheClouds:
They really are determined to push the 1:1 pairing and reduce XL's feelings to an unrequited love, which makes him not all that different from the thousands of second-male leads out there. I feel this really butchered the essence of the story. It's not an adaptation anymore, it's more of "inspired by".

I continue to hope and pray that whatever was in the leaked script (which I am inclined to believe is genuine), is not the final version, and what they do give us in the end does not totally butcher what is a beautifully written, unforgettable story.

windiaaa041293:
I agree with what @HeadInthecloud said. I'm sure xy only loves xl, and xy doesn't love tsj or ye shiqi at all.XL said it himself: a tiger cub to a thousand year old demon.

Let's say Xiaoyao wants Ye Shiqi, but does Xiaoyao want Tsj? OK, let's assume Xiaoyao loves Ye Shiqi, but why doesn't XY love Tsj? Can that be called love? Aren't Ye Siqi and Tsj the same person?

Compare with FFB and XL.. Xy loves FFB, but xy loves XL more. After FFB died, did Xy stop loving XL? NO.

What xy wants is a long-term friendship with ye siqi. and that's not LOVE.

I want to expand on this point of Jing vs. 17 and FFB vs. Xiang Liu in Xiao Yao's perspective. 

If we think about the conversation between XY and XL about who she wants to spend her life with:

XL: Do you agree to marry Feng Long?

XY: I don't agree

XL: Do you agree to marry Jing?

XY's expression changed, it's like she's struggling to wake up

XL: Do you agree to marry 17?

XY: I agree

XY made a clear distinction between Jing and 17. She agreed to marry 17, but not Jing. This suggests that it's not the person of Jing/17 that she wants to marry, but what each one of them can give her. 17 can put her first, and never abandon her, but Jing cannot. Now look at the final, and key question:

XL: Who do you most want to journey together through this life with?

XY refused to answer this question. The answer to this question can't be Feng Long or Can Xuan for obvious reasons. It cannot be Jing because it doesn't make sense given her answer to the previous question. And it's not 17, otherwise she would have said it. The only choices left are FFB or XL. If XY makes the same distinction between FFB and XL as she does with Jing and 17 (based on what each identity could give her), the answer here should be FFB. And yet, she couldn't/wouldn't answer. Why? Because she wants the person of XL/FFB and not simply based on what each identity can give her. She knows that it's not possible, so once again refuses to face what's in her heart.

I hope all of this makes sense. 

Thoughts anyone?

blimarch:
I can't wait to read what you think! This series of articles and @windiaaa041293's article about the possibility for the Sheng Nong army to continue to hold out/restore their kingdom complement each other well, although I don't think it's written by the same author.

Will do so - it's a long series of articles so I might not be able to get around it very quickly. We'll see.

blimarch:
@liddi Have you heard about The Spring and Autumn Annals writing style? I've read that Tong Hua also used it for Lost you forever.

This is what I managed to read up on it:

Therefore the noble man said, “The style of The Spring and Autumn Annals is implicit but the meaning of the book is clear; it records both events and their profound significance. It is subtle yet logical, thorough yet not verbose. It chastises evil deeds and urges people to do good deeds. Who but a sage could have compiled this?” (Zuo’s Commentary on The Spring and Autumn Annals

cr. chinesethought.cn

Is it referring to the social commentary Tong Hua has woven into the story in terms of self-empowerment, world views? Haven't read up on detail regarding this particular style so I can't really say much...

blimarch:
By making XY totally ignorant of XL's love and unconscious of her own feelings for him, it basically erases their unspoken love and hidden "grass snake love line". It uncomplex-ify and un-mature everything. Adding the fact that they've redesigned and enhanced TSJ's role, the scriptwriters made the choice to bluntly go all the way to a version of the novel as if it was read at face value and with a very restrictive mind.

Yes, that's my impression too. But I continue to cling on to hope that the final version is not so thoroughly butchered...

Kokuto:
more likely, Jing and XL had made a deal, where XL would keep an eye on the Hui Chun clinic, and kept Jing apprised, in exchange for the building next door.  I don't see Jing sticking around the town, and while Jing could have hired someone, XL actually lived nearby and had more ties and connections, if he didn't actually use the place himself... or have plans for it in the future.

I am less inclined to think any reasons Xiang Liu has for maintaining a place right next to Hui Chun clinic has anything to do with any deals he made with Jing. Jing is more than capable of keeping an eye out for Lao Mu and company without having to hire Xiang Liu to do the job - he could just as easily have arranged for proprietor Yu to do it. As such, I still believe that Xiang Liu being there is out of his own volition and for his own personal reasons.

remember the last time we roamed under the sea together? Every time you take your last breath, you come to me to take it in. What about now?

Xiaoyao's attitude was obviously different now: Xiaoyao grabbed his hand and looked at him pleadingly.

So Xiang Liu: He ignored her and continued to swim deeper into the sea.

<Xiao Yao was holding it in so hard that it felt as if her whole chest was about to explode. Her hands had no strength left. She let go of her fingers. Xiang Liu held her waist and pointed at his lips with a smile. He was saying, "I want something fresh." Just breathe in the air yourself. >

When Xiang Liu saw that Xiao Yao had no energy and refused to kiss him, his heart dropped, but he still had some hope, so he took the initiative to hug her and remind her.

<Xiaoyao shook her head. In the past, she was Wen Xiaoliu. She never considered herself a woman and it didn't matter. But now, she can't do it. The smile on Xiang Liu's lips disappeared, he hugged Xiao Yao and continued to sink. >

This is where Xiang Liu and Chi You are very similar. Sometimes, their passionate love will burn each other.

<Xiang Liu pressed her head hard, pushed her to his lips, and brought her up.

The two emerged from the sea. >

Xiang Liu was furious: If you don’t kiss me, I will do it myself!

He was really just testing Xiaoyao. Whenever Xiaoyao took the initiative to kiss her, he would find a good reason for her.

So Xiaoyao's first kiss after regaining her daughter's body was given to Xiang Liu.

<Xiang Liu had no expression on his face and kept staring at her without speaking. Xiao Yao didn't even know what to say. They were in the vast sea, surrounded by boundless darkness, as if they were the only two people left in the world. >

Xiang Liu stared at her inquiringly: he had too many doubts and didn't know which one to ask first.

<Xiao Yao finally said: "Originally, I planned to pretend that I didn't know you when I saw you in the future."

"I still have your Gu in my body, do you want to break the oath you swore?" >

Do you still remember how Xiaoyao missed Xiang Liu in the previous section? <However, Wen Xiaoliu has completely disappeared. Even if he sees Xiang Liu again in the future, I'm afraid he won't be able to recognize her. Xiaoyao lay on the water and sighed melancholy. >

So what she says now is a lie: It's so embarrassing, just make some nonsense.

Xiang Liu's inner thoughts: Well, she sentenced their relationship as soon as she opened her mouth. Now it's useless no matter how many reasons she gives her, she just doesn't want him!

Xiang Liu: You planted the lover's poison on me, why are you turning your back on me now?

<Xiaoyao said: "Logically speaking, only I can sense you, and you shouldn't be able to sense me. How do you know that I am Wen Xiaoliu's?">

Xiaoyao's words show that she really doesn't know that this is Lover's Gu. If she doesn't know, there is no two-way love. Now it doesn't mean that she has failed him. But Xiang Liu's heart has already been given away.

<Xiang Liu raised his hand, pushed the wet hair back from Xiaoyao's face, held her head, and looked at her face carefully, "Is this your true appearance?"

"Um."

"You are very good at lying.">

Xiang Liu's heart: Even if she didn't know it was lover's poison, she still lied to me.

Xiang Liu was very depressed and uncomfortable at this time. He originally thought that Xiao Yao had let him down, but Xiao Yao actually didn't take the initiative to confess to him at all. He had fallen in love with her, but she wanted to cut off the relationship with him. His Emotions need an outlet - no matter what, you are sorry for me.

<Xiao Yao defended herself, "It's not a lie, I really thought I was Wen Xiaoliu."

"Prince Gao Xin?" Xiang Liu sneered, "No wonder you suddenly wanted to save Zhuan Xu even if you died that day." Xiao Yao did not dare to say anything anymore. >

Xiang Liu: Isn’t that considered a lie? Do you think this is cheating?

<Xiang Liu's nails, which had become a bit sharp, returned to their original shape silently. Xiao Yao had no idea that she had really had a brush with death at that moment.

Xiang Liu stared silently into the dark void, not knowing what he was thinking. His whole body was like a sword without a hilt, so sharp that no one in the world could get close to him. >

Killing intentions can be vented through love, but cuteness has nowhere to vent. She refused to kiss him, and he was reluctant to kill her.

He didn't know what to do with her, or what to do with his own heart.

<Xiao Yao didn't know why, but she felt like she was sinking to the bottom of the water again, even though she was on the surface of the water. Her chest felt very tight. She suddenly remembered something, took out her wet purse, took out a small jade bottle, poured out a handful of colorful pills, spread them out in the palm of her hand and showed them to Xiang Liu, "Would you like to try them?" >

Xiaoyao felt Xiang Liu's depression and discomfort, so she tried to comfort him.

<Xiang Liu slowly put each one into his mouth like eating jelly beans.

"How's it going? I made this specially for you. I checked a lot of information and found a lot of rare medicinal materials." The coldness on Xiang Liu's body suddenly faded, "It's okay." >

Xiaoyao is really good at coaxing Xiangliu, and she always acts "only" and "special", but Xiangliu just does her trick and just coaxes her.

<Xiang Liu said calmly: "Are you still thinking of poisoning me?"

Xiaoyao shook his head, "I think I, the poison god, can poison even the nine-tailed fox demon. There is no reason why I can't poison you, the nine-headed demon!"

Xiang Liu smiled disdainfully, "I'll wait.">

According to Xiang Liu's understanding of the conversation here, although she doesn't admit our relationship, she still treats me the same as before, and things don't seem that bad.

<Xiao Yao felt that the atmosphere between the two was no longer so tense and asked cautiously: "Why did you get involved with A Nian?"

"Isn't it possible?" >

Xiang Liu: You don’t care who I get involved with, you don’t want me anyway.

<"No! Don't provoke her anymore. She is too well protected by my father and she cannot resist being teased by people like you." Xiang Liu leaned forward and asked with a smile: "A person like me? I am What kind of person?"

Xiaoyao rolled her eyes at him, "You know it in your heart.">

Xiang Liu knows how to grasp the key points. Doesn't Xiao Yao just admit that she is very attractive? So he started to babble - tell me, why am I so attractive?

"You know it in your heart." This sentence once again confirmed that the two of them had known each other and flirted with each other in Qingshui Town.

<Xiang Liu said nonchalantly: "She hasn't considered you a sister yet, but you are anxious to be a good sister first." >

So Xiang Liu started to complain about Xiao Yao.

<“In relationships between people, one person must take the first step. Needless to say, it goes without saying between men and women. This is also true for parents and children. When children are unaware, parents will start to pay. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to you. Selfishly, I would never be the one to take the first step, but between A-Nian and I, I decided to be the one to take the first step. Not because of how good or worthy she is, but because of my father and Wang. Zhuanxu, I am willing to sacrifice for my father and Zhuanxu first for A-Nian.”>

Xiang Liu would carefully memorize Xiaoyao's words. He would digest what he understood directly and write down what he didn't understand first, and then think about it slowly when he went back.

What Xiang Liu received at this time: Anyway, she meant to protect her sister, so just listen to her.

<Xiang Liu said: "I promise you won't tease your sister again, and you also have to promise me something."

Xiang Liu said: "Continue to help me make poison."

This is very simple. Xiaoyao readily agreed, "Yes. But...how can I leave it to you? I'm not in Qingshui Town now, and you can't go to the mountains to find me."

Xiang Liu smiled and said, "This is what you need to consider. Anyway, if I don't see your medicine for too long, I will go find your sister." >

What kind of threat is this? What kind of deal is this? Both of them are just looking for reasons for their entanglement with each other.

<Xiao Yaodu, "I knew you wouldn't let me go so easily."

Xiang Liu said: "I have spared you." >

The two people's "rao" here have different meanings. In Xiaoyao's case, it means: I know you won't let me go easily, and you want to continue to drag me down. What Xiang Liu means here is: As long as we are the same as before, I will forget all the things you did wrong to me before.

<Xiang Liu snorted coldly and suddenly asked: "Why?"

Xiaoyao understood that he was asking why she would rather die than kiss him, but she deliberately pretended to be confused, "Why?" I remembered it.”>

Now I suddenly feel relieved that Xiang Liu didn’t tell Xiao Yao about his lover Gu before. Xiang Liu’s mouth is like this. He will never say anything. Even if he wants to ask, "Why would I rather die than kiss him?" All that came out was "why". I think that to be able to ask why, Xiang Liu had done a lot of mental construction and was extremely nervous. ——Since we are still the same as before, why don’t you kiss me? It was obviously not like this before.

<Xiang Liu stared at her and Xiao Yao said: "I'm scared."

"Would it be worse than death?"

Xiaoyao thought for a while and then slowly said: "My brother is Zhuan Xu. One night when we were chatting, he laughed at me because I am still a girl who can dream. Although it's just, just... but I'm afraid I might accidentally do it. , you will walk into my dream, and you..." Xiaoyao shook her head, "It is definitely not suitable to appear in a girl's dream. That would be more terrifying than death."

Xiang Liu laughed softly. Gradually, his laughter became louder and louder. He let go of Xiao Yao and floated away into the distance. >

Many people here understand "people who can't dream" as "people who can't fall in love with Xiang Liu". In fact, this understanding of logic is unreasonable. Xiao Yao has long known that he has fallen in love with Xiang Liu, and Xiang Liu has long known that Xiao Yao loves him. , if Xiaoyao only meant that she was afraid that she would fall in love with him, there was no need for him to believe it. What does Zhuanxu mean by this sentence? Zhuanxu means: Xiaoyao is still a girl who has illusions about love after all. "Dream" means "fantasy".

So what Xiaoyao means here is that she is afraid that even if she just kisses Xiang Liu, she is worried that she will not be able to control herself and fantasize about Xiang Liu and a future with Xiang Liu. However, Xiang Liu is definitely not someone she can fantasize about. Once you have this idea, you will definitely feel miserable. ——Isn't that what Xiaoyao was like in the later period? She was in pain and wanted to die but couldn't. She already knew the consequences of fantasizing about Xiang Liu, but she still couldn't help it!

Translation: I love you, but I can't have even the slightest illusion about you. People like you are not the kind of men girls can fantasize about. Otherwise, it will only make my life worse than death, so let's not be like before. Tangled up.

And what Xiang Liu heard at this time was: We are not suitable, let’s break up!

Xiang Liu's mood fell to the bottom in an instant. He left with a smile. The BGM should be heard here: ♫You are not truly happy. Your smile is just a protective color you wear. You have decided not to hate, and you have also decided not to love. Your soul is locked away in a body that is locked forever.

<Xiao Yao yelled: "Hey, hey... don't leave me. If you leave me here, how can I go back?"

Xiang Liu said with a smile: "I am doing this for your own good. If I am too gentle and considerate to you, and accidentally enter your dream, making your life worse than death, wouldn't it be a sin?" After Xiang Liu finished speaking, he slowly Slowly sinking to the bottom of the sea and disappearing. >

Xiang Liu couldn't understand Xiaoyao's fear at this time, and he didn't understand it at all. He couldn't accept Xiaoyao's reason for breaking up, so his words were actually mocking Xiaoyao.

Xiang Liu: Didn’t you say that we shouldn’t be entangled anymore? Let’s start from now on, lest I accidentally make your life worse than death, hum!

So Xiang Liu’s mental activity is: Xiaoyao wants to break up with him, and blames him for the reason for the breakup, and the reason he finds is a very bad reason, but his arrogance does not allow him to continue questioning-since you If you want to divide it, then divide it! (Just like what Tan Jianci, the actor who plays Xiang Liu in the TV series, posted on Weibo: If you divide so, you will divide so)

Why can't Xiang Liu understand Xiao Yao's fear?

The first reason is mentioned above. Xiaoyao knows the ending, but Xiang Liu does not. The ignorant are fearless.

The second reason is that the two people have different perceptions:

Xiang Liu has never known what "fear" is. He used to fight with people desperately, and the enemy couldn't find his weakness at all. Xiang Liu has always conquered everything with absolute strength. As the strongest person in the world, no matter what danger he encounters, Xiang Liu is confident enough to solve all problems and overcome all difficulties. He is not afraid of anything, and no one can do anything to him. So Xiang Liu couldn't understand Xiaoyao's fear at all. What was she afraid of? He is the strongest male beast in the entire wilderness and will not allow anyone to harm her. He will fight to the death whoever dares to threaten her.

And Xiaoyao knows very well what "fear" is. During the hundreds of years of living in the wilderness, she has been afraid every day, fearing that her life will be lost if she doesn't pay attention. She has low spiritual power and is unable to protect herself. She has always been in a weak position. It can even be said that it is the caution and conservatism that comes with her "fear" that allows her to survive to this day. Xiang Liu is very strong, but will Xiang Liu always protect her from harm? Can she trust Xiang Liu? Obviously not. Faced with different positions, Xiang Liu will definitely abandon her for the Shennong Rebels. What will she do then? She has no confidence at all to overcome the difficulties of the two of them being together. He can still get rid of his delay; she can't get rid of her delay! So she didn't dare.

Xiang Liu is brave, while Xiao Yao is cowardly.

One is afraid, and the other doesn't know what she is afraid of.

This place shows Xiang Liu's character flaws, which were brought about by the environment in which he grew up. In the Colosseum, he always used violence to solve problems. Later, when he became the strategist of the Shennong Rebel Army, he also had to be decisive in killing. Communicate with people? That is what he is not good at, but he has not needed it all the time. He only needs to use absolute force to suppress everyone who disobeys him.

But feelings need to be communicated. He didn't say anything, which made Xiaoyao very insecure. Xiaoyao had sincerely expressed his deepest fears, instead of making up excuses to deal with Xiangliu. As long as Xiangliu could Communicate well with Xiaoyao and soothe her fears. Xiaoyao will not be so cowardly. As for Xiangliu, I want to quote Huangdi again: "When I was young, I was always full of ambition, for something I thought was very important. He persisted and refused to give in. When things changed, he realized that he was wrong, but it was already too late.”>

As long as they communicate well and speak clearly, even if the problem cannot be solved in the end, at least they will not fall into the pain of misunderstanding. Of course, if it were explained clearly, it would not be this story. If it were explained clearly: either the two of them stay together well and accompany each other for a short time; or they jump directly to the breakup stage, Xiang Liu kills Gu with his life, and the two have nothing to do with each other anymore.

Dreamer

Yaoliu's lovesickness

The title of the chapter after Yaoliu broke up is "There is no way to eliminate this feeling." The first sentence of this poem is "One kind of lovesickness, two places of idle sorrow." The combined meaning is: one kind of lovesickness for parting affects the two places of separation sorrow, and this lovesickness and separation sorrow cannot be eliminated at all.

So this chapter title is actually given to two people, Xiaoyao and Xiangliu: both of them are suffering from the pain of separation and lovesickness.

Let’s first look at Xiaoyao’s lovesickness.

<But he saw Jing standing up and casually untying the crown that bound his hair. His hair was covered with black hair like a galaxy, falling down on his back and drifting in the sea breeze. He leaned against the railing of the boat, looking lazily and casually at the dawn of dawn in the eastern sky. Xiaoyao's heart was pounding as hard as a deer for a moment. >

Xiang Liu's hair was not tied up with a crown. What Xiao Yao saw in this place was not Tu Shanjing at all.

Do you still remember how she spent more than 20 years in the mountains? <"Although the snake demon can understand what I say, it can't speak, so I speak for it and answer questions and answers myself. My habit of talking too much originated from that time.">

Xiaoyao didn't know Xiang Liu's thoughts at this time, so her perspective was that her love was not reciprocated, but it didn't matter. She had many years of experience in entertaining herself, and she couldn't bear to miss Xiang Liu, so she looked for candies by herself. . Xiaoyao's life has always been very hard, so she learned to enjoy happiness in the midst of hardship. Now it seems that her state of happiness in the midst of hardship has reached perfection.

<"...If it is a good-grade fish elixir, refined into a treasure and held in the mouth, it can extend the time a person can stay underwater."

Xiaoyao was originally distracted when Jing was talking, but when he heard the last sentence, he suddenly became interested, "What is a good grade? Does the piece just now count?" >

Xiao Yao actually got distracted after Tu Shanjing talked about it for a long time. When she heard that it could extend the time a person can stay underwater, she immediately became interested. Therefore, even if Xiaoyao doesn't let herself fantasize about being with Xiang Liu, she still can't control her love for Xiang Liu. Otherwise, why would she be interested in Yu Danhong, who can extend her underwater time?

<Xiao Yao asked in confusion: "How do you men judge whether a woman is sincere or fake? Even if she is sincere, how do you know what kind of sincerity it is? You must know that there are many kinds of sincerity, and some are more sincere than others. There are no twists and turns; some sincere hearts can go through eighty hardships, but not eighty-one hardships; some sincere hearts can only share the poor and lowly; some sincere hearts can only share wealth and wealth; some sincere hearts cannot be seen at ordinary times, but they show up in great disasters. ; Some people sincerely respect and protect each other in ordinary times, but in times of disaster, the birds fly into the forest. In fact, many men and women in this world who grow old together may not be truly single-minded and indestructible, but they have not encountered any test."

Zhuan Xu laughed and said, "Your string of words makes my head hurt. If you ask me how to judge specifically, I have nothing to say, it's just a feeling. A cold heart and a pair of cold eyes, I have experienced a lot. , naturally you can see it clearly.”

Xiaoyao asked: "What if I'm wrong? What if I mistakenly think that sincerity, which can only go through eighty-one hardships, is unchangeable and unchangeable despite all odds?" >

This conversation took place when the brother and sister were discussing Xinyue's sincerity towards Zhuanxu, but Xiaoyao obviously used this conversation to sincerely ask his brother about his inner confusion.

What confusion? Of course it was confusion about Xiang Liu. Because she missed Xiang Liu too much, her determination not to let Xiang Liu fall asleep was shaken. Xiaoyao actually asked:

Brother, how can I tell whether Xiang Liu is sincere or fake towards me? Even if Xiang Liu is sincere, is this sincerity indestructible and able to withstand the test? Can his true love for me overcome the obstacles that stand between me and him? Can you still choose to protect me when there is a conflict between Protecting Me and Protecting Shennong?

And the reason why she asked a series of questions was just because: Zhuanxu: Your string of words makes my head hurt. >She has always carefully protected Xiang Liu. Xiaoyao is actually trying hard to find a way to be with Xiang Liu here. Although it seems to the reader that her efforts are in the wrong direction, she does work hard in her own way.

Zhuanxu's answer is: judge by feeling.

Xiaoyao asked again: What if I make a mistake in judgment? What if Xiang Liu’s sincerity towards me is not indestructible?

<Zhuan Xu said softly: "You know the way to ensure you won't make mistakes is to have a cold heart."

Xiaoyao smiled and wrinkled her nose, "I thought you had some good ideas!">

Xiaoyao thought to himself, asking for nothing.

Zhuanxu's words were equivalent to strengthening Xiao Yao's determination that was about to waver. The two brothers and sisters are also very consistent on this point. Because they are too afraid of getting hurt, even if it is the "what if", they cannot afford the consequences of that eventuality, so they simply stay cold-hearted and protect themselves with a thick shell.

As I said before, although Xiang Liu has experienced a lot of hardships, he has also gained maternal love, father love and a sense of belonging along the way. In addition, he is the "strongest", so Xiang Liu's heart is brave. He is powerful and has the courage to give selfless love. On the other hand, these two brothers and sisters have only continued to lose and suffer endless hardships along the way. Moreover, their current situation is "unable to protect themselves", so they are cowardly and weak, and do not have the courage to give generously. Call it "selfish".

None of Tong Hua's characters in this book are written casually, some are just different in the amount of ink. Zhuan Xu is actually a very charming person, but I am mainly analyzing Yaoliu here.

Tong Hua's writing technique in this paragraph uses the "one blow and two roars" in the "Spring and Autumn Writing Method": a metaphor for describing one event or one scene, involving multiple characters. This technique of doing one thing to achieve two goals is also known as "killing two birds with one stone" or "killing two birds with one stone".

On the surface, this paragraph is about the content I analyzed above, but it also hints readers to think about the sincerity between Xiaoyao and Tushanjing - is Xiaoyao sincere towards Tushanjing or is it fake? Even if she is sincere, how sincere is she towards Tu Shanjing? What kind of sincerity does Tu Shanjing have for Xiaoyao?

Xiaoyao's series of words was meant to confuse Zhuan Xu, but Tonghua wrote this series of words to wake up readers:

Xiaoyao and Tu Shanjing's sincerity had no setbacks at first, but later they experienced eighty tribulations, but the eighty-one tribulations still failed; their sincerity could only be shared by the poor and humble - Wen Xiaoliu and Ye Shiqi; their Zhenxin always respects and protects each other, but in times of disaster, the birds take refuge in the forest - Jing runs away because she is afraid of being recognized by A-Nian, and Xiaoyao breaks up because of Fengfeng Yingying. Xiaoyao and Tushanjing's sincerity cannot withstand the slightest test.

On the other hand, Xiaoyao and Xiangliu's sincerity is to share wealth and wealth - we all want to be good; we can't see it at ordinary times, but it is revealed in times of disaster - they are usually at odds, but when faced with real choices, they always give priority to each other. When the other party was in trouble, he would always help him regardless of his own safety. Xiaoyao helped Xiang Liu several times in Qingshui Town. When Xiang Liu was injured, he was rude and wished that he would let him suck more blood and heal the injury quickly. Xiang Liu was also usually cold and cold. , Xiaoyao rushed to save her whenever she encountered danger.

Tonghua's chapter doesn't mention Xiang Liu at all, but just by looking at the title, you can guess Xiang Liu's sorrow after the breakup and his longing for Xiao Yao.

I have said before, "Xiang Liu will remember Xiaoyao's words carefully. He will digest what he understands directly. If he doesn't understand, he will write it down first, and then think about it slowly when he goes back."

So during this period of unbearable longing for Xiang Liu, he must have thought over and over again what Xiao Yao said before. Xiaoyao said that she was afraid of being with him. Xiang Liu must have thought about it for a long time. Unfortunately, he really couldn't understand it at this time and couldn't understand Xiaoyao's fear.

Then he would think that Xiaoyao had said before, "In relationships between people, one person must take the first step. Needless to say, it goes without saying between men and women. This is true even for parents and children. When children are ignorant and helpless, When I wake up, my parents will start to pay. I have always been selfish and will never be the one to take the first step." Xiaoyao also said that he is "definitely not suitable to appear in a girl's dream."

Xiang Liu began to seriously reflect on himself: Was he too cruel and unkind to her before? Xiaoyao felt that I was not the ideal lover in a girl's fantasy, so that's why she wanted to break up? Xiaoyao said that between a man and a woman, one person must take the first step, and she is not willing to be the one to take the first step, so I will pay first. I have indeed done many things wrong before, so I should coax her. of. But "Xiang Liu" has already been broken up, and when we broke up, in order to pretend to be free and easy, I actually left her alone and asked her to swim back. She must be so angry that she doesn't want to talk to me anymore. What should I do? Gotta think of a way...

Let me explain here that Xiang Liu is indeed arrogant, but like Xiao Yao, he has no face and baggage, and he is a person who corrects his mistakes immediately.

The reason why Xiang Liu dressed casually during the last breakup was because when he heard that Xiaoyao was going to break up with him, people subconsciously protect themselves when they are hurt, just like the lyrics of the song "Your smile is just the protective color you wear." ", and the reason why he asked Xiaoyao to swim back was because he thought at the time that "Xiaoyao was going to break up with him, and she blamed him for the reason for the breakup, and the reason was a bad one," so he was very angry. , he felt that Xiaoyao had let him down.

But when he feels sad and miserable because he misses Xiaoyao too much, he can't help but think that Xiaoyao obviously loves him, why did Xiaoyao break up, and Xiang Liu will reflect on whether he did something wrong? It's over. When he decided to make amends and coax Xiaoyao, he couldn't have used his "Xiang Liu" identity just because he was arrogant.

There are two reasons for using the identity of Fangfeng Bei: first, he is afraid that Xiaoyao will not want to see and interact with "Xiang Liu"; second, Xiaoyao is the Queen of Gaoxin now, and the identity of "Xiang Liu" is no longer suitable for getting close to Xiao Yao.

I have said before that when Xiaoyao was a boy, Xiang Liu didn't mind using a girl's body to match her. Similarly, when Xiaoyao was a Wang Ji, Xiang Liu didn't mind using Fangfeng Bei to get close to her . The title is not important to Xiang Liu, anyway, he just wants to be himself.

Therefore, the casual, gentle and considerate "Fangfeng Bei" came online.

HeadInTheClouds:
The sad thing is that she never even tried for something different, not until XL died did she break free. 

Very true. And while Xiang Liu would be happy that she finally did, it breaks our hearts that it took his death for her to do so.

HeadInTheClouds:
The only choices left are FFB or XL. If XY makes the same distinction between FFB and XL as she does with Jing and 17 (based on what each identity could give her), the answer here should be FFB. And yet, she couldn't/wouldn't answer. Why? Because she wants the person of XL/FFB and not simply based on what they can give her. She knows that it's not possible, so once again refuses to face what's in her heart.

Wholly agree. She keeps harping on wishing he could always be Fangfeng Bei, but in the end, even after Fangfeng Bei's persona was killed off, what little moments she did spend with Xiang Liu were unforgettable and intimate, physical interactions often initiated by Xiao Yao herself. Which is why she chooses not to admit that he is the one she wanted to spend her lifetime with, not even to herself.

liddi:

Xiang Liu will always be remembered, and what he did for Xiao Yao is known - not just by Sir Bi, but also A Nian, even in the novel. And Xiao Yao will always remember him too - her finally giving in to leave for the ocean is tacit acknowledgement of the love she refused to admit, even if he was no longer there to see or hear it. Now I'm making myself depressed all over again.

Ugh.  A Nian.  The most self centered character in the drama.  Not holding out a lot of hope for her.  And allegedly, we aren't getting Sir Bi.  Or XY acknowledging her love by leaving for the ocean.  I guess I'm going to have to finish the novel, for even this crumb.

Because I do believe that XY loved XL, I think she would remember him.  But XL's goal WAS to wipe himself from existence, so she wouldn't suffer the love sickness that he did.  Combined with her ability for self deception, I could see her falling into line with that.  Especially when she talks about memories, blowing away like the red phoenix flower around then.

HeadInTheClouds:
As frustrated and annoyed as I am with Xiao Yao's refusal to be honest and true to herself, I personally don't think there was anything that Xiao Yao could have done that would have changed the path that Xiang Liu had chosen. I think Tong Hua had written Xiang Liu in such a way, that pointed to her intention for how his story was going to end.

Given how things were set up and the decisions that were made, all XL's chances were gone by the end, and I don't think he could have been saved.  But, I would have felt better about XY had she tried and failed.  And I really don't count asking CX to spare him if possible as trying.

I know others don't agree, but I do feel that earlier in their relationship, XL would have found a different path had XY made different choices.  I don't see him as consistently determined to die on the battlefield from the beginning.

liddi:

Therefore the noble man said, “The style of The Spring and Autumn Annals is implicit but the meaning of the book is clear; it records both events and their profound significance. It is subtle yet logical, thorough yet not verbose. It chastises evil deeds and urges people to do good deeds. Who but a sage could have compiled this?” (Zuo’s Commentary on The Spring and Autumn Annals)

cr. chinesethought.cn

Is it referring to the social commentary Tong Hua has woven into the story in terms of self-empowerment, world views? Haven't read up on detail regarding this particular style so I can't really say much...

The first sentence - implicit, but the meaning is clear means that the author's true intention is not apparent, but rather implied. So you need to read the subtext rather than just the text to get to the meaning. Based on my very very cursory understanding of The Spring and Autumn Annals, the author wrote the book like a historical record, but within it are his critiques and opinions on the political and social issues of the time; including criticizing some very powerful figures so he can't be explicit about it.

So if Tong Hua used this style in LYF, it's similar to the whole gray snakes and green grass of Dreams of the Red Chamber. You need to look beyond the surface to get her true intention.

Maybe that's what it means.

Hi everyone! 

I finally caved in and subscribed. 

Thank you guys for creating this platform so we can grieve together over our beloved Xiangliu.

I still can't get over the "walk of pain" after xia Yao left with Jing......when he almost touched her face!!!!

Damn you Jing.

The song, the sad face and that depressing walk will haunt me forever.

I love you Xiangliu!!!, let's take the arrows together 

"About Tusanjing"

Tonghua did not write about Tushanjing with an appreciative attitude at all. Shan Jing's, on the contrary, she often used "Spring and Autumn Brushwork" to satirize Tu Shanjing, and often used the words of the characters in the book to criticize Tu Shanjing.

There is a saying that "birds of a feather flock together, and people flock together." What kind of friends make what kind of people? Why did Tong Hua set Tu Shanjing and Li Rongchang to be friends? In other words, since Tonghua wants to set Li Rongchang as Tu Shanjing's friend, why not portray the character of Li Rongchang better? Because the author did it on purpose. Think about it, Xiang Liu's only gentleman-friend in this book is Jun Jun. Tong Hua's description of Jun Jun is "magnanimous, unruly, transcendent, and transcendent".

Let’s take a look at Tu Shanjing’s friend Li Rongchang:

<Jing said bitterly: "What if I walk in front of her?"

Li Rongchang opened the dilapidated wooden door and said: "I tell you, there are only three tricks to deal with a woman. Rush up and carry it on your shoulders, take it home and throw it on the couch, take off your clothes and jump on it! Everything is done! You have to Do as I say and make sure she follows you.”>

In addition, it is said that Tu Shanjing is kind, and Li Rongchang runs an underground casino. Tu Shanjing helps Li Rongchang, have you ever thought about the life and death of those slaves? He used to do all kinds of business with the Shennong Rebels, but had he ever considered the people of Xuanyuan? So I said, there are always trade-offs in everything. If you want to help your friends, you can give up kindness. If you want to do Tushan's business well, you can give up kindness. So why can't you give up kindness for Xiaoyao? It wasn’t because he knew Xiaoyao was soft-hearted and tolerant of him! If he really couldn't give up kindness, why did he let Xiang Liu help him steal the bride? He knew how to maintain Fangfeng Yiying's reputation. Was Xiaoyao's reputation not a reputation? For a person like Tu Shanjing, the better you treat him, the more he gets more and more greedy.

By the way, there is also Chishui Fenglong, who is also a good friend of Tu Shanjing:

<Fenglong looked at Zhuanxu with admiration and laughed loudly, "A woman is a woman after all. No matter how smart she is, she will still have a small belly. How can she understand the grand ambitions of our men? What Shennong and Xuanyuan tribes are still entangled in those old rotten grains? This thing is really short-sighted!”>

Which of Tu Shanjing’s friends respects women?

Take a look at how Tu Shanjing proposed:

<"You are not gentle, but I am already very quiet, and I just need you who is noisy and active; you are not gentle, and you want to take action when we disagree, but you are extremely meticulous and patient when you help me wash my hair and feed me medicine; you I don’t know how to play piano, chess, calligraphy and painting, but I can do it, which is convenient for me to show off; you don’t know about nvhong, but I’m not marrying a Weaver Girl. A hundred jade shell coins can buy the most skillful Weaver Girl in the wilderness; you don’t know how to do it. I know how to do business, and I can support you more than enough; you don’t know how to do business, but with your noise, in a thousand years, you and I will have nothing to talk about, and we won’t need to mention family affairs to you at all; you are too lazy I don’t want any favors, because I really want to hide you in a deep house, so no one can see you, and don’t want anyone to snatch you away...”>

While belittling Xiaoyao and denying Xiaoyao's personal value, he also praised Xiaoyao for how suitable he is. Isn't this a typical pua? What is pua? It means to attack your self-esteem, make you feel that you have nothing to do, and then take advantage of it, making you feel that only the other person can help you.

for example:

For example, "You read too few books!" This is direct criticism, and we often say this kind of thing.

"You have read too few books and need to strengthen your reading in XX". This is criticism + suggestion, and it is the most effective help.

"You have read too few books, and your ignorance is revealed when you open your mouth. Everyone ignores you. I am the only one who doesn't dislike you. Don't you understand? Everything I tell you is good for you, and everything I ask you to do is good to you." I’m here to help you, and I don’t ask you to repay me, so that’s pretty good!” This is typical “mental manipulation”!

Tu Shanjing almost completely dismissed Xiaoyao as a person, and then said, but you are still very valuable to me, and I am the only one who is suitable for you and can help you. He also "wanted to hide you in a deep house so that no one would see or snatch you away." This is so ridiculous, I can’t complain anymore...

Everyone knows that the marriage of Sang Tianer and Chuanzi hints at the marriage of Xiaoyao and Jing. So, what does Tong Hua think of Sang Tianer and Chuanzi's marriage? In other words, does Tonghua think Chuanzi is a good match? Please carefully recall how Tong Hua wrote Chuanzi. Let’s not compare Chuanzi with the big characters in the book, but with Mazi, who is also a small character like Chuanzi. Writing about Sang Tianer and Chuanzi is a “gray line”, then Why does Tonghua still write about Mazi and Chuntao?

I have repeatedly emphasized that Tonghua, as an excellent author, will not make up any settings randomly to make up the word count. She wrote Mazi to compare with Chuanzi, and there are comparisons between the two in many places in the book. Let me list some:

<Mazi, who was sorting herbs in the yard, pointed to the door, "A beggar came over there, and I threw half a piece of cake to him.">

<Xiao Liu frowned when he saw the various ointments brought by Chuanzi, "Go to my room and get the jars of medicine hidden at the bottom of the suitcase." There was reluctance in Chuanzi's eyes, and he hesitated before turning around to get them. . >

<Chuanzi was sorting out the herbs, and when he saw Xiaoliu, he asked, "I haven't heard him speak for more than half a year. Could it be that he is a fool?" Mazi slapped Chuanzi hard, "Don't talk nonsense!" After such a cruel experience Being able to survive such torture is very admirable. With such tenacity, one cannot be a fool. >

Note: A sharp contrast between pockmarks and skewers.

<Mazi secretly stuffed his savings into Shi Qi: "We are returning to the Spring Hall this time... Hehe... You can also see that Sixth Brother's medical skills are not very good... Hehe... Have you heard of the Yandi Shennong clan's medical skills? ... Hehe... You go to the east end of the town. There is a medical clinic there called Baicaotang. The witch doctor there is a disciple of Shennong Yandi. He has very good medical skills and may be able to cure your leg." Seventeen silently returned the money to Mazi. Mazi was anxious, "Don't! You pay me back the money slowly. My legs are a big deal. At worst, you can pay me back twice as much in the future.">

Note: Mazi used the money he saved to marry a wife to treat Ye Shiqi's leg.

<Xiao Liu asked Mazi and Chuanzi: "Are you willing to sleep occasionally from now on, or endure it for a few more years until you save enough money to sleep every day?"

Mazi said seriously: "Brother Six, a wife is not meant to sleep every day."

"You spent a lot of money to get a wife, but you don't want to sleep with her?" Xiao Liu almost wanted to make a fuss.

"Of course not, I mean not just to sleep, but also to eat together, be able to talk, and have company."

Xiaoliu said disdainfully, "I eat with you, talk to you, and accompany you all the time. Why do you still want a wife?"

"Because my wife can sleep with me, but you can't."

"Then marrying a wife is just for sleeping, isn't it?"

Mazi lay down weakly, "Okay, just for sleeping." He grabbed Chuanzi's hand and advised: "Don't listen to Sixth Brother's nonsense, be patient and save money, my daughter-in-law is much better than a prostitute. , not just for sleeping.”>

Note: This reflects Mazi’s attitude towards the relationship between men and women. Their dialogue is relatively straightforward. Let me translate it here. Mazi’s meaning is: marriage is not to satisfy one person’s selfish desires, but for two people to satisfy each other. Mazi also advised Chuanzi to "save money patiently. My daughter-in-law is much better than a prostitute, not just for sleeping." What Mazi means here is to advise Chuanzi: "Prostitute" is just to satisfy your selfish desires, and you will not get anything out of it. Reality doesn't last long either. You should patiently find someone who treats each other sincerely and don't be greedy for temporary selfish desires.

But later readers also saw that Mazi and Chuntao looked at each other and often helped Chuntao's father work after they got married. On the other hand, Chuanzi obviously didn't listen to Mazi's advice, and was easily seduced by false love, and it was for nothing.

There are many more descriptions about Mazi and Chuanzi in the book, so I won’t list them here, but this is enough to show that Tonghua specifically wrote Mazi to compare with Chuanzi. They are both orphans and have similar fates, but their characters are still high and low. . Since Tong Hua wants to use Sang Tian'er and Chuanzi as metaphors for Xiaoyao and Tu Shanjing, if she is optimistic about Tu Shanjing, shouldn't she write Mazi's character to Chuanzi? Therefore, Tong Hua did it on purpose. She didn't appreciate Tu Shanjing in the first place. Just like A Nian and Tu Shan Jing both grew up in love. It seems that A Nian is unruly and Tu Shan Jing is kind, but in fact A Nian has a much higher character than Tu Shan Jing.

Tong Huahua wrote a lot about the difference between Mazi and Chuanzi, echoing Sang Tianer's words, "Cuanzi really has no merit, but he is the only one willing to marry me." There is a better Mazi in Qingshui Town than Chuanzi, but Mazi will marry Sang Tian'er? Sang Tianer's choice of Chuanzi was a choice without a choice.

The author writes this not to say that Tu Shanjing is the same person as Chuanzi, that is not the case, but to hint to readers: Tushan Jing is to Xiaoyao what Chuanzi is to Sang Tianer. For Xiaoyao, there is a better man than Tu Shanjing, but will a better man than Tu Shanjing marry her? Xiaoyao's choice of Tu Shanjing was just a choice without a choice.

As someone who had the same complex experiences as Zhuanxu and Xiangliu, how could Xiaoyao not understand Zhuanxu and Xiangliu? But she also deeply understands that people like them have long had a cold and hard shell on their hearts and cannot easily soften. She believes that Zhuan Xu is an exception to her, but she was not "that powerful" in the beginning. "Confidence and narcissism" I believe Xiang Liu will make an exception for her, which is why she chose Jing - it's not that Jing's kindness is more masculine to her, but that she thinks that apart from her brother, only Tu Shan Jing will always be good to her.

In Interpretation (4), I explained in detail a very important "Gray Line". When Xiaoyao was talking about that long soliloquy, at that time, she thought that Xiangliu was her string, and she She didn't want to be Sang Tian'er, so she turned around and threw herself into Tu Shanjing's arms. Has her idea never changed? no.

When Tu Shanjing married Fangfeng Yiying, she realized that Tu Shanjing had been her lover all along, and she had become Sang Tian'er after all. That's why she said that she no longer believed in her judgment in choosing men. This is why she arrived in Qingshui Town, but she didn't dare to see the ending of those people in Qingshui Town, because she had already guessed the ending of Sang Tian'er and Chuanzi based on the current ending of herself and Tu Shanjing.

Xiaoyao regretted it very early!

Tong Hua wrote in the introduction to "Sauvignon Blanc 2: Telling the Heart":

<The best years always pass before you know how to cherish them; the people you love the most quietly leave before you have time to take care of them. Missed while waiting, regretted when lost, but did not know that what was lost is no longer there, and what was missed can never be found again. >

But it was already too late. From her perspective, no matter how she tried to win back Xiang Liu, Xiang Liu would not want her anymore.

After being rejected by Xiang Liu, Sang Tianer told her that although she and Chuanzi did have a big conflict, because she did not give up Chuanzi, there was a happy ending in the end. When everyone died, only Sang was left. Tian'er, Sang Tian'er didn't regret making do with Chuanzi. Xiaoyao was inspired by Sang Tianer and decided not to give up on Tu Shanjing.

Therefore, in the end, it was not that she chose Jing, but that she only had Jing and could only make do with Jing.

Dear all,

We have discussed about what was XL's original plan after moving the Lovers' bug from CX to him. There was indeed some reasonable options.

However, we didn't take into account WXL's plan after that momment. If I remember correctly, WXL planned to disappear.  Tian Er and YSQ detected her intention. If CX had not returned to bring her back to Gaoxin (in time), WXL would have left QS town, changing her appearance. Then none could trace her. Maybe XL could if he come across her in the mortal life due to the bug connection. However, that chance would be low. 

I don't know if she would keep her "promise" to XL (in the first encounter) that she wanted to stay in QS town forever. She is good at lying, isn't she

Kikinaki:

Hi everyone! 

I finally caved in and subscribed. 

Thank you guys for creating this platform so we can grieve together over our beloved Xiangliu.

I still can't get over the "walk of pain" after xia Yao left with Jing......when he almost touched her face!!!!

Damn you Jing.

The song, the sad face and that depressing walk will haunt me forever.

I love you Xiangliu!!!, let's take the arrows together 

I want to welcome you to the thread. At the same time would like to advise you to turn and run while you still can :-). Otherwise, you'll be in for a world of pain. Some of our regular posters are already depressed and girding their loins for the (probably) butchered second season :-(

liddi:

Therefore the noble man said, “The style of The Spring and Autumn Annals is implicit but the meaning of the book is clear; it records both events and their profound significance. It is subtle yet logical, thorough yet not verbose. It chastises evil deeds and urges people to do good deeds. Who but a sage could have compiled this?” (Zuo’s Commentary on The Spring and Autumn Annals)

cr. chinesethought.cn

windiaaa041293:
Tong Hua's writing technique in this paragraph uses the "one blow and two roars" in the "Spring and Autumn Writing Method": a metaphor for describing one event or one scene, involving multiple characters. This technique of doing one thing to achieve two goals is also known as "killing two birds with one stone" or "killing two birds with one stone".

Thank you @liddi @windiaaa041293. If you're interested about learning more about it, I just found an academic article: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320756609_Spring_and_Autumn_Annals_as_Narrative_Explanation (page 254)

Edit : thanks also @HeadInTheClouds :)

Guys, look what I found on YouTube. Looks like ""Lost You Forever II"" is finally airing with a major twist that even the leaked script couldn't help us get ready  : Tian Xi Wei replacing Yang Zi ;) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwHwaAxX412rDz2-CSMDOXNDF-N90Y5Xh

These dramas channels are more and more shameless with their thumbnails :D

ZYHLJ:

I also feel depressed, but I don’t want to move on. I'm still looking forward to more appearances of XL in spin-offs and the third story in this series. I like stories that I can't forget, even if it breaks my heart...

I don’t want to move on either. I said I’d no longer be languishing here in this thread, but my resolution didn’t even last 10 hours :)

Who am I kidding? There’s no moving on from Xiang Liu.