windiaaa041293:

@liddi

in chapter 24, xiaoyao still sees the gorilla mirror, meaning she knows that the memories have not been erased.

Yes she used it to help Jing record evidence against Hou (Vol 3 Ch1 - Chapter 34). Nonetheless, the fact remains that she had no idea when the memories were erased, and there is nothing to indicate that she knew for sure that they were erased after her 2nd suicide attempt, as the text already stated that she did not know. 

liddi:

Yes she used it to help Jing record evidence against Hou (Vol 3 Ch1 - Chapter 34). Nonetheless, the fact remains that she had no idea when the memories were erased, and there is nothing to indicate that she knew for sure that they were erased after her 2nd suicide attempt, when the text already stated that she did not know. 

Chapter 24: "Xiao Yao pulled his hand back to put the mirror away, but the Great Emperor grabbed it and waved his hand. The image of Xiang Liu swimming in the depths of the sea appeared and Xiao Yao stared in a daze. Although when he was unconscious, Xiang Liu told him to delete those pictures, but after he woke up, he didn't mention them again so he forgot about them"

The Great Emperor asked, "Is he Nine- lives Xiang Liu? This time, he was the one who saved you?"

liddi:

Actually he was aware of the mirror from way back because she impudently showed it to him the time she gave him the charcoal makeover. I don't know whether he knew then what kind of mirror it was, but he had already seen it back in Vol 1 Ch3.

Sorry I wasn't clear liddi. What I mean by it, are the memories that XY saved, not about the mirror itself. That he was already aware of like you pointed out. So we weren't shown exactly when he saw those memories.

windiaaa041293:

Chapter 24: "Xiao Yao pulled his hand back to put the mirror away, but the Great Emperor grabbed it and waved his hand. The image of Xiang Liu swimming in the depths of the sea appeared and Xiao Yao stared in a daze. Although when he was unconscious, Xiang Liu told him to delete those pictures, but after he woke up, he didn't mention them again so he forgot about them"

The Great Emperor asked, "Is he Nine- lives Xiang Liu? This time, he was the one who saved you?"

I don't deny that she was aware the memories were still intact in Chapter 24, and even up to Chapter 34. However, my point remains that there is no concrete evidence she knew the memories were erased when she was unconscious after the 2nd suicide attempt, and not some time before that since there are 14 chapters between Chapter 34 (when she loaned the mirror to Jing) and Chapter 48 (after her suicide attempt when Xiang Liu showed the mirror to Sir Bi before erasing the memories).

It is a compelling thought though, if she believes that Xiang Liu erased it while she was unconscious after the suicide attempt, because it then tells her that he was the one who saved her and removed the bug connection. However, we have nothing to really indicate that, especially when the "However, it turned out that at some point that she was not aware of, he had erased everything!" were her own thoughts, her internal monologue.

HeadInTheClouds:

Sorry I wasn't clear liddi. What I mean by it, are the memories that XY saved, not about the mirror itself. That he was already aware of like you pointed out. So we weren't shown exactly when he saw those memories.

Ahh true. It would have indeed been a nice touch if we were shown that scene, except that her 37 years under the ocean was always narrated from Xiao Yao's point of view, so we are kept as much in the dark as she was...

@liddi

Even though he could feel Xiao Yao was fine now, Sir Bi still took his pulse and did a thorough examination. As he thought, he had already recovered, and should be awake by now. But Xiang Liu seems to want to put him to sleep.so casts a spell on him that puts him to sleep temporarily.

From master bi's point of view, Xiangliu cast a sleeping spell on xiaoyao.
But did Xiangliu really use that spell?

@liddi

I hope I didn't give you a headache with my wild imagination @liddi. ^^

What if Xiangliu didn't cast a sleeping spell on Xiaoyao?
Aren't Sir Bi's words just a clue? Just like 37 years under the sea, even though Xy hasn't fully woken up, Xy can feel and hear.

One thing I want you to believe is, the title of this chapter is not about Jing and XY.

(Afraid of reunion is just a dream)

"Explanation from " Partridge Sky: Colorful Sleeves Holding the Jade Bell attentively " by Yan Jidao of the Song Dynasty: Tonight I raise the silver lamp to look at you carefully, lest this encounter  is in  a  dream again. Appreciation: The meeting in the dream is ultimately empty, but the lovesickness after waking up becomes deeper and more profound. So much so that when we actually meet, we can't tell whether it's a dream or reality, and we're afraid of waking up again with even more painful lovesickness in our heart and lungs"

@liddi unfortunately, I can't quote your reply for some reason : ( just wanted to say thank you so much, I am really happy to know you enjoyed watching the videos! LYF has one of the most beautiful cinematography shoots, and indeed, since the story is well-written and acted as well, sometimes it's hard to focus. 

I read the book only after watching S1 so, I wasn't aware of the scenes they cut; for S2, while I understand they have to cut or rewrite specific scenes because of censorship, I really hope they won't give his scenes to other characters. I love other characters as well but really, each of them already have their own iconic scenes - hopefully, there isn't any shifts... 

@windiaaa

Is this the whole poem? I did read it, but I don't know, perhaps because it's not basic english I have a hard time understanding it. What's the meaning behind it? Is it a happy or a sad poem? 

"Song Yan Jidao

The colorful sleeves hold the jade bell attentively. Back then, he was drunk and red. Dance to the heart of the willow building and the moon, and sing to the end of the peach blossom fan.

After farewell, we will meet again. A few times the soul dream is the same as the king. Tonight, I have left a photo of the silver scorpion, and I am afraid that the reunion is a dream."

windiaaa041293:

@HeadInthecloud

yeah...of course I remember..Just waiting for the right day outside of my busy schedule.

I saw the thread. Thank you. It's good to have everything in one place instead of having to search through 300+ pages :-)

liddi:

Ahh true. It would have indeed been a nice touch if we were shown that scene, except that her 37 years under the ocean was always narrated from Xiao Yao's point of view, so we are kept as much in the dark as she was...

@HeadInTheCloud

Do you remember if the novel mentioned when he first saw them, liddi? I don't think it was mentioned at all. In that same Bugs removal scene, we just got him thinking about his surprise when he first saw the memories.

XL certainly knew the 2nd memory in the mirror during the 37 years, before XY could sense his presence (meaning when she was deep in the endless Darkness). 

This is my hypothesis how he discovered it. It is when he changed XY's outfit. In the drama, it was shown as he used the outer layer of his robe to make her white dress. What happened with her green dress? In practice, did he do so? Below I list the points which was mentioned in the novel:

XY always carried the mirror next to her body (meaning she kept it inside her dress, in the drama it was kept just in front of left side chest. Haha, she kept his image, her dearest memory of him next to her heart). There was a line mentioned this (I don't remember where).  Additionally, in the novel, the mirror was inside a sleeve of her robe. However, @liddi, you can check the original text to see where the mirror flew from (it is not clear where it actually flew from in the version I read)

Xiang Liu waved his hand and Xiao Yao’s precious gorilla beast mirror flew from her arms into his hand. He stared at it for a long time and didn’t make any move. (Chapter 48).

When XY was placed on the water pallet inside Zijin Palace, she was wrapped with a lot of layers (bandage? ) only her face was uncovered. XL picked her up from there and brought her to the Shell under the sea.  For sure, at some point he had to change her outfit for the way he healed her (held her in his arms, fed her through the mouth and bit her neck to suck toxin out). Her body was not wrapped tightly anymore. 

Xiao Yao’s body was wrapped tightly like a wrapped rice dumpling but her face was uncovered. Zhuan Xu’s doctor sat at the end of the pallet and stood up when she saw Zhuan Xu.  (Chapter 21)

When she woke up, she wore a loose white outfit. "After she calmed down, Xiao Yao noticed that she was wearing a loose fitting white robe and was standing on a large open clam shell" (Chapter 22).

blabla100:
@windiaaa

Is this the whole poem? I did read it, but I don't know, perhaps because it's not basic english I have a hard time understanding it. What's the meaning behind it? Is it a happy or a sad poem? 

Is that the poem? There are a lot of hints there. I highlighted the hint with red and green color:

"Song Yan Jidao

The colorful sleeves hold the jade bell attentively. 

Back then, he was drunk and red. 

Dance to the heart of the willow building and the moon

and sing to the end of the peach blossom fan.

After farewell, we will meet again. 

A few times the soul dream is the same as the king. 

Tonight, I have left a photo of the silver scorpion, 

and I am afraid that the reunion is a dream."

I don't fully understand the text either. Maybe the translation was not fully correct. But there is Willow (= Liu, it's Xiang Liu first name), and Peach blossom (It is the origin of Xiao Yao's name, from the poem about Peach blossom). The moon is tightly attached to their relationship. The moon witnessed their fondest memories and experience together. The moon often reminded XY about XL. 

@blabla100 @H19279

yeah..and I'm sure the title isn't about xy and jing..But XL and XY

HeadInTheClouds:

I saw the thread. Thank you. It's good to have everything in one place instead of having to search through 300+ pages :-)

ah yeah... thanks for visiting, and thanks for the advice.^^

From what I understand, the poet and a dancer fell în love with eachother, but they had to part ways. The poet keeps dreaming about the dancer and the love they shared, but what I don't understand is the last part. "Tonight, I have left a photo of the silver scorpion, and I am afraid that the reunion is a dream." So did they eventually meet again or is he still dreaming? So confusing.