AH :
Thanks for confirming the number of lives. If he won't be in his true form during the battle, does the script give a sense of how they'll show his lives / snake heads being killed off? Abstractly?

No. It just said his heads died one by one, until finally Xiang Liu died too. I just hope whatever method they employ, it will not be some poorly rendered CGI.

AH :
Okay. So she's with TSJ and CX when she finds out. That's... different. I'm curious to see how they portray XY interacting with CX afterwards. The way I interpreted chapter 51, XL's death played a significant role in XY finally deciding to leave without saying goodbye to CX and going to a place outside of his control. From what I recall, she didn't see him again after XL's death and her last conversation with him was asking him to spare XL's life. So any interaction at all between them in the drama after XL's death is already a big change.

Yes. The way the script is now, Cang Xuan and Xiao Yao's reconciliation with him giving Xiao Yao the Ruomu flower and Jing expressing his wish of marrying Xiao Yao to Cang Xuan all took place after Xiang Liu's death. That is where I feel the script truly failed - minimising the impact Xiang Liu's death had on Xiao Yao, negating Xiang Liu's role in saving Jing, and making Qingshui town their destination instead of the ocean.

Xiao Yao's brokenhearted outburst about being a fool, and how Xiang Liu did right by everyone except himself was also removed. Instead, post-Xiang Liu's death, we do get Cang Xuan paying his respects to Xiang Liu, and telling his grandfather the promise Xiang Liu exacted from him to inter the remains of the Chenrong army at a peak of Shen Nong mountain. To which the old Xiyan king said, "The only person Xiang Liu owed in his lifetime was himself", after which Cang Xuan gave the command to fulfil Xiang Liu's wish. 

Truly hope this is not the finalised version, and we will by some miracle, see a last minute reprieve with the actual drama.  

nathsketch:
Liddi! Thank you for taking the time to translate all this!! Much much appreciated <3

You're most welcome. The lyrics are truly heartbreaking, and perfectly embodies all of Xiang Liu's unfulfilled hopes and dreams. 

nathsketch:

What happy episode?

I am not sure ..someone mentioned a happy ending in some show for XL and XY..I guess I was just hoping to console my damaged soul???

Darn it why did TJC make XL so lovable hateful and regretful

Dramadoggy2021:

I am not sure ..someone mentioned a happy ending in some show for XL and XY..I guess I was just hoping to console my damaged soul???

Oh it's just a rumour that the H!6 variety show which Tan Jianci is a part of, filmed a happy ending for Xiao Yao and Xiang Liu, seeing Yang Zi and him were still filming at 11pm when the rest of the cast had left, and Tan Jianci was wearing the red wedding robes similar to the one in the poster. I am definitely hoping this will turn out to be true - we certainly need as many happy moments as we can get, outside of the drama proper if not within.

liddi:
That is where I feel the script truly failed - minimising the impact Xiang Liu's death had on Xiao Yao, negating Xiang Liu's role in saving Jing, and making Qingshui town their destination instead of the ocean.

Yes, that's exactly what I feel. They're simply downplaying his role in Xiao Yao's "happy ending". I wish Tong Hua had a little more say in all this. 

liddi:
I just hope whatever method they employ, it will not be some poorly rendered CGI.

Agreed. I'd hate to have the emotional impact of his death scene undermined by bad CGI.

liddi:
Yes. The way the script is now, Cang Xuan and Xiao Yao's reconciliation with him giving Xiao Yao the Ruomu flower and Jing expressing his wish of marrying Xiao Yao to Cang Xuan all took place after Xiang Liu's death. That is where I feel the script truly failed - minimising the impact Xiang Liu's death had on Xiao Yao, negating Xiang Liu's role in saving Jing, and making Qingshui town their destination instead of the ocean.

Xiao Yao's brokenhearted outburst about being a fool, and how Xiang Liu did right by everyone except himself was also removed. Instead, post-Xiang Liu's death, we do get Cang Xuan paying his respects to Xiang Liu, and telling his grandfather the promise Xiang Liu exacted from him to inter the remains of the Chenrong army at a peak of Shen Nong mountain. To which the old Xiyan king said, "The only person Xiang Liu owed in his lifetime was himself", after which Cang Xuan gave the command to fulfil Xiang Liu's wish. 

That's... awful. Truly awful. They've taken away so many of the things that allowed me to make peace with XL's ending.

liddi:
 Truly hope this is not the finalised version, and we will by some miracle, see a last minute reprieve with the actual drama.

Another user mentioned that when the desert beast storyline was cut, YZ fought to make sure XY still got a scene with her mother. Not sure if that's true. Although I'm not hopeful that they'll deviate from the changes in the leaked script (assuming it's real), it would help a little bit if they at least had XY's reaction to XL's death be equivalent to her reaction in the novel. If her reaction is minimized or, even worse, if she's able to have a happy wedding right after learning about his death... that would be more upsetting to me than XL's actual death.

Dramadoggy2021:

Darn it why did TJC make XL so lovable hateful and regretful

I never read the novel, but I'm guessing I'd be head over heels for the character just the same.

Then Tan came and solidified the whole thing.

nathsketch:

I never read the novel, but I'm guessing I'd be head over heels for the character just the same.

Then Tan came and solidified the whole thing.

nathsketch, have you finished S1 now?

AH :
If her reaction is minimized or, even worse, if she's able to have a happy wedding right after learning about his death... that would be more upsetting to me than XL's actual death.

If they actually dare to do this, then I'm guessing it will be an all-out war. I never believed in review-bombing or anything hateful like this, but I'll burn this thing to the ground.

AH :

nathsketch, have you finished S1 now?

I can't. Reading all this stuff is already making me ill. If I resume watching it, I'll develop chronic depression. No time for that, I have deadlines to deal with lol

I can see this script as being real, to be honest, altough I am really hoping for it to be fake. I think someone said that they did film 3 different endings? Dunno if that îs true or not though. They did touch the inlslands topic în the drama though, I mean why would they do that if they wanted to end the drama în Qingshui? 

blabla100:
3 different endings

I keep reading things like these and need to tell myself to stop being hopeful.

nathsketch:

I can't. Reading all this stuff is already making me ill. If I resume watching it, I'll develop chronic depression. No time for that, I have deadlines to deal with lol

I get that on a logical level, but I can't relate at all ^^"

While I was waiting for the episodes to air I had to read the novel since it was available. When the episodes were available I had to watch them. And after that I had to rewatch and re-read and even hunt down what I could find about Once Promised. There was zero self restraint.

blabla100:

I can see this script as being real, to be honest, altough I am really hoping for it to be fake. I think someone said that they did film 3 different endings? Dunno if that îs true or not though. They did touch the inlslands topic în the drama though, I mean why would they do that if they wanted to end the drama în Qingshui? 

Are you maybe thinking of the rumour about bonus / extra episodes?

nathsketch:

I keep reading things like these and need to tell myself to stop being hopeful.

LBFD taught me to have very low expectations for bonus episodes. 

AH :
Another user mentioned that when the desert beast storyline was cut, YZ fought to make sure XY still got a scene with her mother. Not sure if that's true. Although I'm not hopeful that they'll deviate from the changes in the leaked script (assuming it's real), it would help a little bit if they at least had XY's reaction to XL's death be equivalent to her reaction in the novel. If her reaction is minimized or, even worse, if she's able to have a happy wedding right after learning about his death... that would be more upsetting to me than XL's actual death.

I have not had managed to read the entire script from front to back yet. Will see as and when I do read. The script does not clearly state the timeline, but having a happy proposal and wedding soon after Xiang Liu's death feels more like relegating his place in her heart to just a momentary blight which she is able to move on without much issues, which is a travesty.