Elise:
It's too bad they couldn't be together... a lot of people share our sentiment. This reddit thread has so many good comments: https://www.reddit.com/r/CDrama/comments/15k5912/lost_you_forever_3rd_lead_syndrome/?sort=top

I've been reading YouTube comments and let me tell you, people are pissed. The vast majority couldn't care less about the novel. They started watching the drama for *reasons* (Yang Zi, word of mouth, the aesthetics, whatever), but they stayed for Xiang Liu. So now they're also leaving because of Xiang Liu. It is what it is. 

This character is too appealing in every sense of the word, not to mention the actor, and the ending just happens to be terrible, sorry. If he was a side character, I would still feel for him, but not to this degree. He's arguably the best-written character in this whole story (and one of the best characters in fantasy, period). People will be really mad and I'll be seated to see the fallout. Adaptations from page to screen change stuff all the time to make it work on a different medium and in response to public sentiment. But not this time folks. Let's just off the viewers' favorite in this awful, gruesome way, that's a good strategy, no doubt.

blabla100:
Jing really îs a bit of a stalker, if you ask me.

His whole "I'll love you for the rest of my life and I'll die if you die" mood creeps me out, to be honest. It's all fun and games until the whole thing becomes Fatal Attraction.

The novel…uggh I got a Chinese online version …skimmed through it…cried my tears out ..selfless XL deserved better …😩😩😩😩

this is the first time watched TJC …damn how could he be such a great XL .. bring us out too much love and tears …haven’t felt so much for a character in a long long time …

New thread for season two: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119977-love-you-forever-xiang-liu

Because I'm sure we all love him forever ヽ༼◉ل͜◉༽ノ

I am too afraid for season2 😩😩😩😩

Yo, I'll soon have 5 threads to manage hahahaha

That's looooove, bish 🤣

Dramadoggy2021:

I am too afraid for season2 😩😩😩😩

I'll just be hanging out with you and going bald because of spoilers.

That's as much as I can handle.

Dramadoggy2021:

The novel…uggh I got a Chinese online version …skimmed through it…cried my tears out ..selfless XL deserved better …????

I cried myself to sleep after I finished the novel and woke up sad with this cold feeling washing over me 😭 And you're right. He did deserve better.

There's a really good YaoLiu fanfic that liddi recommended that helped ease the pain 🥹https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/555723806?utm_id=0

Elise:

I cried myself to sleep after I finished the novel and woke up sad with this cold feeling washing over me 😭 And you're right. He did deserve better.

There's a really good YaoLiu fanfic that liddi recommended that helped ease the pain 🥹https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/555723806?utm_id=0

Is there an English version? This is still too advanced for me :(

nathsketch:

Is there an English version? This is still too advanced for me :(

I just used google translate 😅

nathsketch:

His whole "I'll love you for the rest of my life and I'll die if you die" mood creeps me out, to be honest. It's all fun and games until the whole thing becomes Fatal Attraction.

He gave up living after he thought XY died while the other 2 guys actually tried and succeeded (XL) to revive her. This is one of the many reasons why I'm not on board that other dude's ship.

Elise:

I just used google translate 😅 

I’m such a dummy. Thanks Elise!

Elise:

He gave up living after he thought XY died while the other 2 guys actually tried and succeeded (XL) to revive her. This is one of the many reasons why I'm not on board that other dude's ship. 

I get tired just thinking about this. 

There is an interesting excerpt in the novel, which takes place after Cang Xuan's coronation, when Feng Long, Jing and others came to congratulate him. Jing was drunk and started playing the song Xiao Yao sang for him on the zither, making everyone present uncomfortable until Feng Long sliced the zither in half in fury, and Xiao Yao knocked Jing out with a drugged wine. As Feng Long angrily carried out the unconscious Jing, Xiao Yao chased after him. 

Vol 2 Ch11:

Feng Long appeared at a loss. "When Jing attended my clan leader initiation ceremony, I told him that you agreed to marry me. He congratulated me, so I thought he had already gotten over it. However, tonight, he got drunk to the point of forgetting himself. I have known him since we were children, and have never seen him like this. Obviously, I am your fiancé, but I just can't help feeling guilty like I robbed something he loved dearly."

Xiao Yao stared at the unconscious Jing. "Don't feel that way."

"I understand. Xiao Yao, are you really willing to marry me?"

Xiao Yao looked at Feng Long. "Do you feel it is awkward and troublesome, and regret it?"

Feng Long hurriedly waved his hand. "No, no, don't misunderstand. I know how to handle Jing. I was worried that you started to regret it after hearing Jing play tonight."

Xiao Yao said, "I have no regrets. I have been wandering since I was a child. Although I appear to be carefree, drifting with the tide, I am actually very weary of wandering, and want to stop. However, the people I meet - 
the one who is willing is powerless, while the one who is able to is unwilling. Only you are willing to give me a safe harbour for me to stop and settle down. Thank you!"

There is an intriguing subtext to  Xiao Yao's description of the two kinds of people she met -  有心的无力,有力的无心 . The obvious meaning is:

the one who is willing is powerless, while the one who is able to is unwilling

However, there is also a hidden connotation to her words:

the one who has feelings (for me) is powerless, while the one who is able to, has no feelings (for me)

Since she is describing two people she hoped she would be able to settle down with, it also implies that she nursed this hope even though she believes the latter has no feelings for her, which in turn is a testament to where her deepest feelings lie even if she would not admit it, since in her mind, it is one-sided. It makes it even more ironic then that she would still take the initiative to appeal to that person to take her away from a marriage she clearly did not want despite refusing chance after chance to cancel her marriage, first by Feng Long, Cang Xuan and even her father.  It also gives context to her mute refusal to answer Xiang Liu's last question when he probed her mind after forcibly taking her away from the wedding.