We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 nathsketch:

Are you still maintaining your initial position? Can I start buying additional flamethrowers? Can we sue? 

Lol. My initial position? As in: "I like the novel. The drama is going to have thinks I like and things I don't like. I'll try to enjoy the things I like and forget the things I don't like." That one? I think it remains unchanged from 2 hours ago ^^

AH :
I just... in the novel XY cries and gets drunk on her wedding night and iirc XL was still alive (but thankfully the bug connection was broken so he wouldn't have felt anything if there was something to feel) or at least the news of his death hadn't reached XY yet.

How can the drama have XL die before XY's wedding and also make it so that she doesn't cry or get drunk and instead has a normal wedding night with TSJ?

You can't just dislike this pleaaase. You need to loathe it!!

AH :

Me admiring the novel ending and hearing someone say they want the drama to change it:

Running to bring more novel excerpts:

Nooo Bilbo, let go of that ending, I mean, ring. It's not good for you!! Cast it into the fire!

Hahaha that's you alright, I can almost see it. I'm going on an adventure!

nathsketch:

You can't just dislike this pleaaase. You need to loathe it!!

I might loathe it when I see it. For now it's not set in stone. 

nathsketch:
Nooo Bilbo, let go of that ending, I mean, ring. It's not good for you!! Cast it into the fire!

I really love LOTR. It's my favorite everything. Book, movie adaptation. I watch the extended edition every year. The Hobbit too. The films are less impressive than the Lord of the Rings, but I still love them.

@nathsketch Battle at Helm's Deep remains among my favourite scenes, culminating with Gandalf and the Rohirrim bearing down on them at dawn

liddi:

@nathsketch Battle at Helm's Deep remains among my favourite scenes, culminating with Gandalf and the Rohirrim bearing down on them at dawn

Oh yes, I never get tired of watching that scene! Howard Shore's soundtrack gives me goosebumps during those moments!

I need to rewatch the trilogy and regain my peace of mind hahah

Shameless self-promotion time, but I illustrated the four book covers back in 2021:

https://nerdy.ink/products/tolkien-dust-jackets?_pos=2&_sid=8780f423d&_ss=r

nathsketch:

I really love LOTR. It's my favorite everything. Book, movie adaptation. I watch the extended edition every year. The Hobbit too. The films are less impressive than the Lord of the Rings, but I still love them.

I... love the book version of the Hobbit. I was ambivalent about the rest.

nathsketch:

Shameless self-promotion time, but I illustrated the four book covers back in 2021:

Love the little silhouette below Smaug. One of my favourite scenes.  

AH :
I just... in the novel XY cries and gets drunk on her wedding night and iirc XL was still alive (but thankfully the bug connection was broken so he wouldn't have felt anything if there was something to feel) or at least the news of his death hadn't reached XY yet.

How can the drama have XL die before XY's wedding and also make it so that she doesn't cry or get drunk and instead has a normal wedding night with TSJ?

It makes her look uncaring. SO disappointing to hear she had her wedding night sober.

AH :

So she doesn't decide to leave right after XL's death. I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed again.

Yes, we get a rather callous response to  Xiang Liu and his death, which had me throwing my arms in the air, saying Xiao Yao doesn't deserve him in the drama.  Gah.

liddi:
we get a rather callous response to  Xiang Liu and his death

nathsketch:

Oh yes, I never get tired of watching that scene! Howard Shore's soundtrack gives me goosebumps during those moments!

I need to rewatch the trilogy and regain my peace of mind hahah

Umm... what happens if you start seeing Ru Shou in Lurtz during Boromir's death scene?

Howard Shore's score is perfection.

My daughter watched the Hobbit trilogy first and was so traumatised by all the deaths at the end, fully expecting all of them to return safely. Then she saw Boromir die, and refused to watch Two Towers and ROTK. And now she's digging her heels about watching Lost You Forever after seeing my reaction and I can't say I blame her.

nathsketch:

These are gorgeous! Tq for sharing them with us!

Did you manage to add a nod to Xiang Liu in your latest work?