It is really great to be rich! What you dare not do personally, you are able to hire someone else to do it for you. Tushan clan leader, you are really brave

I love that.

liddi:
Jing pledged to provide the Xuan Yuan army with provisions every year from hence forth to which Xiang Liu mocked, "It is really great to be rich! What you dare not do personally, you are able to hire someone else to do it for you. Tushan clan leader, you are really brave!"

Ignoring his mockery, Tushan Jing asked if he would accept the deal, which Xiang Liu did, saying he would never have any beef with money. Jing asked that he minimised the damage as much as possible, but Xiang Liu refused to let Tushan Jing dictate how he would stop the wedding, and asked for 37 years of provisions in return.

Some interesting changes here.

They added TSJ asking XL to minimize the damage, which makes TSJ look better. It also makes it seem like XL choosing to maximize the damage was perhaps motivated in part out of a desire to spite TSJ / a desire to not let TSJ tell him what to do. Which makes XL look worse. I don't love that framing.

But they also added mockery from XL to point out that TSJ was using his wealth to get XL to do what he didn't dare to do himself. It is a bit satisfying to see XL call him out on that.

liddi:
At a location out of Xiao Yao's sight, he raised his hand and gripped his chest, his face ashen white, though no one could see anything amiss from the back.

Also an interesting add. It seems like this is confirmation that XL felt the same pain that he made XY feel?

liddi:
After the carriage then drop off, a flurry of snowflakes suddenly flew by the stone monument and Xiang Liu appeared amid the snow.
Xiang Liu stood by the monument and quietly saw the carriage drive off, further and further until it finally disappeared in the snow.
Xiang Liu remained standing in the snow, loneliness in his eyes.

[Flashback:
Wen Xiao Liu: I am afraid of loneliness. Even if I cannot find someone to depend on for life, short term companionship is also good ]

XL (voiceover): The Fangfeng Bei who accompanied you for a short time is dead. I will give you back someone you can depend on for life.

It seemed as if Xiang Liu could hear the sound of singing.

XY (singing voiceover):
If you are the bird in the sky, I am like the fish in the water; Forgetting and remembering each other, Forgetting and remembering each other...

It's nice that they made an effort to explicitly connect the dots between XY's words about fearing loneliness / temporary companionship being good and XL's decision to approach XY as FFB and becoming her temporary companion to alleviate her loneliness. 

Also nice that they are highlighting that XL is intentionally pushing XY away now and outright telling the audience that he intended to "give" her TSJ. But it's a bit frustrating that they added that line and yet took away XL bringing TSJ back from the brink of death. 

MengXiang:

It is really great to be rich! What you dare not do personally, you are able to hire someone else to do it for you. Tushan clan leader, you are really brave

I love that.

And if it’s something that money can’t buy, what does he do?

“Let me sleep on it”.

liddi:
It seemed as if Xiang Liu could hear the sound of singing.

XY (singing voiceover):
If you are the bird in the sky, I am like the fish in the water; Forgetting and remembering each other, Forgetting and remembering each other...

Vindicated!!!  Get your hands off XL's Fei Fei song!

nathsketch:

And if it’s something that money can’t buy, what does he do?

“Let me sleep on it”.

Heh

But XL is the transactional one.  uhn huhn

Kokuto:

Vindicated!!!  Get your hands off XL's Fei Fei song!

LMAO if this turns out to be true, they’ll have to keep discussing flowers hahahahaha

nathsketch:

LMAO if this turns out to be true, they’ll have to keep discussing flowers hahahahaha

Sadly, it's a book end of their relationship and truly saying goodby to WXL.  It started and ends with that song.  :(

Kokuto:
I'm not even sure what the message of HEAL means?  They are killing off XL in a way that shippers can't stand.  There isn't going to be any healing from that!  :)

"Heal" is the theme OST song for Jing . XY healed his injuries from torture. And In Chapter 14 Book 3, XY told CX that Jing helped her healed the wound in her heart, the wound of being abandoned etc. 

MengXiang:
Was TH on board or just made to suffer along. To me that's important.

TH is on board of production and script, isn't she. She must share or approve the change

Kokuto:

Sadly, it's a book end of their relationship and truly saying goodby to WXL.  It started and ends with that song.  :(

We’re already so numb with all the sadness…

Why it seems like in the drama, XY prefer FFB over XL? while the novel, even after XY knew FFB is XL, she felt relieved and the way her heart longed for XL.

So we are going for the companionship route huh? So there's nothing on since the start?
What kind of crumbs is this? lol haha

H19279:

"Heal" is the theme OST song for Jing . XY healed his injuries from torture. And In Chapter 14 Book 3, XY told CX that Jing helped her healed the wound in her heart, the wound of being abandoned etc. 

TH is on board of production and script, isn't she. She must share or approve the change

This is even worse because then the message is only about XY and Jing? The same Jing who kept breaking her heart? My people, this is becoming more and more difficult to grasp.

Wow, then it truly is game over if she’s okay with all that. Anyway, who knows how those decisions go behind closed doors.

nathsketch:

We’re already so numb with all the sadness…

This is true. The show has always had an air of melancholy -- for all the characters.

Kokuto:

This is true. The show has always had an air of melancholy -- for all the characters.

I don’t like all this melancholy. When I started watching it, I thought that all the deaths of the first episode would be the most tragic aspect of the story but just enough to get the plot going, and things would eventually get better.

What a sweet summer child. Serves me right for being blinded by that silver mane.

MySiFeng:

Why it seems like in the drama, XY prefer FFB over XL? while the novel, even after XY knew FFB is XL, she felt relieved and the way her heart longed for XL.

So we are going for the companionship route huh? So there's nothing on since the start?
What kind of crumbs is this? lol haha

We need to stop overthinking things. It’s getting worse by the minute hahahaha

nathsketch:

I don’t like all this melancholy. When I started watching it, I thought that all the deaths of the first episode would be the most tragic aspect of the story but just enough to get the plot going, and things would eventually get better.

What a sweet summer child. Serves me right for being blinded by that silver mane.

Come on, now.  The title  is LOST YOU FOREVER.  There is no happy ending there. lol