@liddi

Thank you, liddi, for the translation! 

@nathsketch

"Except when it comes to flowers. They love analyzing flowers." 

LOL!!! 

MengXiang:
Was TH on board or just made to suffer along. To me that's important.

That's extremely important. He's her baby. She shouldn't be doing this to him.

AH :
It feels like giving credit where credit isn't due.

Agreed. Everything is being given to Jing.

@AH

You raise a very very good point. They don't lie in the novel... Just evasive and in denial leaving enough room for the truth.

The scene makes obvious they are lies but making them lie and intentionally say...it's sad they need to do that. I mean the production team.

The whole thing with s2 is tragic and I can't think straight.... Can't imagine how upsetting it would be watch.

Also in chair 43 I don't consider it an outright lie because if he dies it means she died and he doesn't want that. Maybe that's me reading too much and projecting.

blabla100:

@liddi

Thank you, liddi, for the translation! 

@nathsketch

"Except when it comes to flowers. They love analyzing flowers." 

LOL!!! 

It's true. 

"Look, a flower! Jing is holding a flower and his flowers are always so flowery and full of petals! Must be a sign of true love! You don't see Xiang Liu holding a flower! Bad Xiang Liu, he doesn't even hold a flower so of course XY doesn't love him. It's so obvious".

That's basically it. Bahahahaha

MengXiang:
Also in chair 43 I don't consider it an outright lie because if he dies it means she died and he doesn't want that.

I consider the line in red below to be an outright lie. 

I consider the lines in green to both imply the same lie (that XL would be okay with XY dying if the bug connection was broken first so that he wouldn't die with her). 

-----

Chapter 43:

Xiang Liu said, “I happen to have free time, I can accompany you to go look for Miao Pu.”

“When did you become so nice?”

“Of course there is a price.”

“I only have one head, so I can't outthink your nine heads. I don’t think this deal is going to be good.”

Xiang Liu vaulted into the ocean without a care about Xiao Yao’s reverse psychology negotiating tactics. Xiao Yao anxiously jumped into the ocean after him and grabbed a lock of his flowing white hair.

Xiang Liu turned around and glared at her, so Xiao Yao let go with a smile. “You help me find the seagull demon and I agree to your price.” The seagull demon chose to let the whirlpool swallow her up forever, clearly she knew this ocean expanse very well. Only with Xiang Liu’s help could Xiao Yao hope to find her quickly.

Xiang Liu rose up from the ocean to stand on the waves. His white hair like the clouds, his white robe like the snow, the silver moonlight made him look even more noble and ethereal, except his expression looking down at Xiao Yao was filled with an evil smirk. “Any price I want?”

Xiao Yao stood up on the waves and raised her chin to look at Xiang Liu. “As long as it has nothing to do with Zhuan Xu, then any price is fine!” For Miao Pu, even if she had to make a real deal with the devil she would do it. At this point what else did she have left to lose?

Xiang Liu said “The price is for you to stay alive. Even if Tu Shan Jing is really dead, you have to stay alive!”

Xiao Yao stared dumbstruck at Xiang Liu before her eyes went beyond him to stare at the limitless ocean horizon. A life that was long, a longing that had no end in sight……if she didn’t give up and stayed alive, what would that feel like? Probably like a dark night with no sunrise. Xiao Yao didn’t understand why Xiang Liu cared about her life or death.

Xiang Liu coldly said, “I just don’t have any interest in dying with you. If you want to give up, then first find the way to break the voodoo bug link.

Right! Her life was connected to Xiang Liu. She really did need to find the solution to break the spell. Xiao Yao said, “I accept your price, so take me to find the seagull demon!”

Xiang Liu sneered right back and said in a sarcastic way, “Did I say anything wrong? You may not be in the wilderness or the mountains but you’re in a place even more dangerous: Sheng Nong Mountain. The most dangerous beast at most eats you. But in Sheng Nong Mountain, your death affects so much more. Do you know how many people will die if you die? Chi Sui Feng Long smashed the tradition of the Four Great Clans and now with the Tu Shan clan leader suddenly killed and leaving behind a child successor, if you died then the Tu Shan Clan may be picked apart and taken over by the three other clans. In the face of power and wealth, people are even brave enough to try and kill an Emperor, what’s stopping them from trying to kill you? I really regret getting my life connected with as stupid a woman as you! I beg of you, before you die from idiocy, can you find a way to break our bug link first?

AH :
Wow. Huge timeline change. Instead of starting this work around the time she got engaged to TSJ and taking 42 years to complete it, it's already done before she even gets back together with TSJ?

liddi:

Yup. She started it when she got bored after Cang Xuan dragged her back to Xuan Yuan after the 13 months, and completed it before Feng Long proposed that they marry after their long engagement.

They had to change it to something MUCH shorter, otherwise everyone would do as I did, and roll out laughing about this alleged 'great love' that gets put on the back burner for 43 years, while XY finishes her book. It's just proof that those kisses aren't all that intriguing. ;p

AH :
I really regret getting my life connected with as stupid a woman as you! I beg of you, before you die from idiocy, can you find a way to break our bug link first?”

LOL!

Please.  Dear God.  PLEASE let XL say this in the drama.

@AH 

I tip my hat to you. That line is indeed an outright lie. He is never easy on her in their banter. It isn't as harsh as script though... 

Going to go back in and read novel again.... To level up...

Kokuto:

They had to change it to something MUCH shorter, otherwise everyone would do as I did, and roll out laughing about this alleged 'great love' that gets put on the back burner for 43 years, while XY finishes her book. It's just proof that those kisses aren't all that intriguing. ;p

The fact that they need so many adjustments to sell this great love story leaves me scratching my head. Why don't they just leave it the way it is so people can judge it by themselves?

Even with all the Peppa Pig changes they had to make in season 1, Jing still isn't unanimously supported.

I understand the limitations imposed by the censors, and oh the horror of having the FL in love with 2 dudes, but even so...the audience is not really that stupid, is it?

Kokuto:

LOL!

Hahahaha 

And while they're at it, put those darn bugs on Jing so they can all die and maybe leave XL out of this mess.

Sincerely,

Everyone.

Kokuto:

LOL!

My understanding is that they basically cut all of chapter 43 :/

MengXiang:

@AH 

I tip my hat to you. That line is indeed an outright lie. He is never easy on her in their banter. It isn't as harsh as script though... 

Going to go back in and read novel again.... To level up...

<3

AH :

My understanding is that they basically cut all of chapter 43 :/

<3

Well, that suxs.

Hopefully they'll find another place to put it ... or I'll just have to hold it in my heart and repeat it when I'm mad at XY. ;p

@AH

"She did delay setting a wedding date, which meant she delayed leaving CX and becoming the Tushan Clan leader's wife (which would require living in Qing Qiu with Tushan Zhen and all the nasty Tushan Clan elders and having to deal with household / clan matters). "

No way, that's something I highly disagree with. The way I am seeing it she stopped avoiding CX due to the realization that their time togheter is not forever, at least on Xiao Yue Peak (not really sure why Xiao Yue Peak matters to her though, but I am guessing it has something to do with the war that's been going on) , but definetely not as the reason to delay her wedding date.  The reason IMO has to do with "since she didn't  know anyone who died în the war",  meaning XL was still alive. 

"I don't interpret XY being okay with not getting married right away as a sign that she didn't love TSJ. They were engaged, together, and happy. I see it as a sign that she wanted to spend a bit more time with CX before leaving him, and also that she maybe wasn't super keen about taking on the role of the Tushan Clan leader's wife."

Not as a sign that she doesn't love Jing, but as a sign that she is not ready yet to give up on the past / XL completely. 

Also, I am curious why did the Yellow Emperor thought she is just like her mother, I am not sure if it has something to do with her marriage or with the flame emperor? 

Xiao Yao finds out about Jing's hand in her wedding disruption.

Leaked script Ep7 scenes 13-18   (Vol 2 Ch15 / Chapter 32)

Xiao Yao saw Tian'er's great grandchildren playing in the snow. Realising that it was Hui Chun Clinic, she approached and had a long talk with Tian'er, who told her that one had to be willing to believe and give of oneself to have a hope of seeing the results one hopes for.

XY (voiceover): Unwilling to trust and give of oneself means one will not get the results one hopes for. Could it be that it was my fault that Jing and I ended up like this?

Xiang Liu appeared nearby and quietly watched Xiao Yao and old Sang Tian'er.
Feeling his gaze, Xiao Yao came to her senses and lifted her head. Their eyes met and she averted her eyes.
Getting up, she caressed Tian'er's head.

XY: Tian'er, you have done very well! I think Chuanzi must appreciate that he married a good wife. Lao Mu and I are both very happy.
STE (shocked): You, you... who are you?

Xiao Yao smiled without replying and turned to walk towards Xiang Liu. A flurry of snowflakes flew by and they both disappeared in the snow.

STE (murmuring): Brother Liu...

In realisation, old Sang Tian'er got up, eyes filled with tears and knelt to bow in the direction where Xiao Yao disappeared.

Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao stood side by side by the river and looked out.
She recalled the times in the past.

[Flashback:
Xiang Liu grabbing hold of Xiao Liu and jumping on to the white condor. Xiao Liu grabbing tightly on to Xiang Liu's arms, yelling in fright.
Xiao Liu and Xiang Liu sitting atop the tree branch, her looking at the moonlight while his eyes were on her.
Xiang Liu looking back, holding his hand out to Xiao Liu which she immediately grabbed hold of and they slid off the back of the condor. Xiang Liu bringing Xiao Liu for a slow stroll on the surface of the water.]

XY (missing those times, sadly): This place is still the same. Unfortunately, both you and I cannot go back to the way it used to be.
XL (coldly): You are the Gao Xin princess, I am the general of a rebel army. We were never on the same side. What is there to regret?
XY (bitterly): Yes, there is nothing to regret! The Gao Xin princess has been missing for such a long time, the world must be in an uproar?

Xiang Liu did not reply.

XY: It was your actions, but the Fangfeng clan had to bear the consequences. Fangfeng Yi Ying will surely need to help the Fangfeng family weather the storm. Since she is the Tushan clan leader's wife, even the Tushan clan has been dragged into it.
XL (cold laugh): Do you think the one who wanted to ruin your wedding was me?
XY (stunned): If not you, then who was it?

Xiang Liu looked at Xiao Yao.

[Flashback]
Xiang Liu met a sickly, pale Tushan Jing by the river at Qingshui Town. When he said he wanted to hire Xiang Liu to stop Xiao Yao's wedding, Xiang Liu mocked and asked whether it was Ye Shiqi or Tushan Jing who was hiring him, and whether Ye Shiqi could afford him, to which Tushan Jing replied that Ye Shiqi could not but Tushan Jing could. Xiang Liu mocked and asked what right did Tushan Jing have to stop the wedding, but Tushan Jing only said that he was responsible for paying for the deed, while Xiang Liu was responsible for fulfilling the deed.

Jing pledged to provide the Xuan Yuan army with provisions every year henceforth to which Xiang Liu mocked, "It is really great to be rich! What you dare not do personally, you are able to hire someone else to do it for you. Tushan clan leader, you are really brave!"

Ignoring his mockery, Tushan Jing asked if he would accept the deal, which Xiang Liu did, saying he would never have any beef with money. Jing asked that he minimised the damage as much as possible, but Xiang Liu refused to let Tushan Jing dictate how he would stop the wedding, and asked for 37 years of provisions in return.

XY (shocked): Are you saying... Tushan Jing was the one who instigated you to take me from the wedding?
XL: You can go and ask him yourself if you don't believe me.
XY (furious): What right does he have to ruin my wedding! What does he want to accomplish!
XL (calmly): I only did what I was paid for. His intentions have nothing to do with me.

Xiao Yao controlled herself forcibly but failed, kicking the pebbles furiously in her path.

XY: Bastard! (stared at Xiang Liu furiously) When are you planning to let me go?
XL (indifferently): I have gotten what I wanted. You can leave any time you wish!

Xiao Yao was happy for a moment, but immediately quietened down.

XY: Then... I take my leave.

Xiang Liu gazed at the river without saying a word. Wordlessly, Xiao Yao turned. Suddenly, Xiang Liu's icy voice rang out behind her.

XL: Let me remind you that the poisonous bug is still there. If you dare reveal that I am Fangfeng Bei, don't blame me if you die from the pain of my hurting your heart.

Xiao Yao suddenly stopped and turned around in disbelief to look at Xiang Liu.

XL (coldly): Don't believe me?

Just as his words reached her, Xiao Yao's heart felt severe pain like it was pierced by a sharp sword. It was so excruciating that her limbs spasmed in pain and she slumped to the ground.
Xiang Liu walked over and looked down at her.

XL (cruelly): If you don't wish to die, don't say things you shouldn't!

Xiao Yao's face was ashen from the pain, her forehead beaded with sweat, yet she raised her face with a forced smile.

XY: Is this the reason you have no time to remove the bug? General Xiang Liu, well played!
XL (coolly): This is the kind of person that I am. It is not as if you only knew it today.

Xiang Liu turned coldly and left. At a location out of Xiao Yao's sight, he raised his hand and gripped his chest, his face ashen white, though no one could see anything amiss from the back.
Xiao Yao laid on the ground in pain, staring wretchedly at Xiang Liu's far retreating form.

Xiao Yao arranged for proprietor Yu to send her to Qingqiu to see Tushan Jing.
In the snow, proprietor Yu set Xiao Yao on a horse carriage, which she would later switch to a cloud carriage after the snow had stopped.
After the carriage departed, a flurry of snowflakes suddenly flew by the stone monument and Xiang Liu appeared amid the snow.
Xiang Liu stood by the monument and quietly saw the carriage drive off, further and further until it finally disappeared in the snowy landscape.
Xiang Liu remained standing in the snow, loneliness in his eyes.

[Flashback:
Wen Xiao Liu: I am afraid of loneliness. Even if I cannot find someone to depend on for life, short term companionship is also good. ]

XL (voiceover): The Fangfeng Bei who accompanied you for a short time is dead. I will give you back someone you can depend on for life.

It seemed as if Xiang Liu could hear the sound of singing.

XY (singing voiceover):
If you are the bird in the sky, I am like the fish in the water; Forgetting and remembering each other, Forgetting and remembering each other...

blabla100:
@AH

"She did delay setting a wedding date, which meant she delayed leaving CX and becoming the Tushan Clan leader's wife (which would require living in Qing Qiu with Tushan Zhen and all the nasty Tushan Clan elders and having to deal with household / clan matters). "

No way, that's something I highly disagree with. The way I am seeing it she stopped avoiding CX due to the realization that their time togheter is not forever, at least on Xiao Yue Peak (not really sure why Xiao Yue Peak matters to her though, but I am guessing it has something to do with the war that's been going on) , but definetely not as the reason to delay her wedding date.  The reason IMO has to do with "since she didn't  know anyone who died în the war",  meaning XL was still alive. 

I'm not following your thoughts here?

XY realized that once she marries TSJ she won't be living on Xiao Yue Peak with the Yellow Emperor anymore, so she wouldn't see CX every day when he came to visit them (the Yellow Emperor and XY) there.

I'm not saying she started hanging out with CX again in order to delay her wedding to TSJ. I'm saying that XY realized that she no longer had an unlimited amount of time ahead of her where she would see CX every day. So one of the reasons she was okay with having an extended engagement with TSJ (and waiting to have the actual wedding) was that it allowed her to have a few more years of keeping her relationship with CX as it was with the two of them still seeing each other every day.

Xiao Yao was avoiding CX before getting engaged to TSJ because she was angry that he chose to invade Gao Xing. That's the war the passage is describing (the war between Xuan Yuan and Gao Xing), not the conflict between Xuan Yuan and the Sheng Nong remnant army. After realizing that her time with CX was limited, XY started hanging out with him again because no one she knew in Gao Xing (like Ru Shou) had been killed in the war. XL wasn't involved in the war between Xuan Yuan and Gao Xing, so "With the battle between Xuan Yuan and Gao Xing taking on losses for both sides but Xiao Yao didn’t personally know anyone who died" is not referring to XL.

-----

Chapter 38:

The Yellow Emperor asked Xiao Yao on her thoughts for the wedding date.

Xiao Yao glanced out the window at the busy doctors and said, “I want to have more progress on the medical text first before setting a wedding date.”

The Yellow Emperor reminded her, “That will take more than two or three years. Are you sure?”

Xiao Yao nodded. “The Sheng Nong Herb Manual has been in my possession for the last four hundred years and saved my life countless times. I’ve never done anything for it or better said that I want to do something for the Flame Emperor who sacrificed his life to write it. The text that he used his entire life to write, I don’t want it to be used by doctors simply to make money or gain fame.”

The Yellow Emperor sighed. “Xiao Yao, you keep saying you’re not like your mom but you are actually just like your mom!”

Xiao Yao furrowed her brows. “I’m not like her at all!”

The Yellow Emperor laughed. “Fine, you’re not like her!”

That night Zhuan Xu came to Xiao Yue Peak and heard Xiao Yao’s decision on the wedding date and smiled. “That works.”

Likely due to the engagement with Jing, Xiao Yao realized that her time on Xiao Yue Peak with Zhuan Xu was finite rather than forever. With the battle between Xuan Yuan and Gao Xing taking on losses for both sides but Xiao Yao didn’t personally know anyone who died and she didn’t find out the details of the war, she felt it so far removed from her so she stopped avoiding Zhuan Xu.

The two of them resumed their old ways hanging out. Every night Zhuan Xu would come and chat happily with Xiao Yao as they hung out.

blabla100:
"I don't interpret XY being okay with not getting married right away as a sign that she didn't love TSJ. They were engaged, together, and happy. I see it as a sign that she wanted to spend a bit more time with CX before leaving him, and also that she maybe wasn't super keen about taking on the role of the Tushan Clan leader's wife."

Not as a sign that she doesn't love Jing, but as a sign that she is not ready yet to give up on the past / XL completely. 

I agree that XY being willing to delay her marriage with TSJ for so long could also be viewed as a sign that perhaps she wasn't quite ready to forever close off the possibility of her being with XL. 

blabla100:
Also, I am curious why did the Yellow Emperor thought she is just like her mother, I am not sure if it has something to do with her marriage or with the flame emperor? 

I don't think it had to do with her marriage, but the part of Once Promised that describes Ah Heng learning medicine from the Flame Emperor and coming into possession of the Sheng Nong Herb Manual hasn't been translated so I haven't read it. Someone who has read those parts would probably be in a better position to answer.