Didn't realize there was a discussion for XL and XY ~

How do you guys manage to continue watching despite knowing his/their fate? After recently finishing the novel, I feel so sad for them. I really wish (and it’s highly unlikely) XL gets a better ending on screen. Idc if it breaks with his character, I desperately want some form of justice (XY clearly knows his feelings not just some open ended situation) or happiness for him (reincarnation/appearance/anything). 

Mina:

How do you guys manage to continue watching despite knowing his/their fate? After recently finishing the novel, I feel so sad for them. I really wish (and it’s highly unlikely) XL gets a better ending on screen. Idc if it breaks with his character, I desperately want some form of justice (XY clearly knows his feelings not just some open ended situation) or happiness for him (reincarnation/appearance/anything). ? 

At this point, I just want XY to know all of the things that XL did for her. And let XL survive and move on 🤣🤣. 

Despite knowing the end, I'm still going to watch it 🤣🤣. I'm already used to reading novels with tragic endings. TSJ-XY-XL reminds me of The Infernal Devices series 🤣🤣 that series made me cry and I couldn't read other books for months after finishing it 🤣😍

From ep 22 favorite FFB lines

FFB: "I'm getting all sorts of wild thoughts"

FFB: "With you staring at me like this, I really wish I was the one you just mentioned."

FFB: "What if I were to fall in love with you at first sight?"

FFB: "If I'm not shameless, how can I dare to pester such a pretty lady like you?"

FFB: "There is a lady. She is beautiful. I met her by fate and fell in love with her at first sight." 

FFB: "Flower for the beauty."

I'm blushing lmao. 

Mina:

How do you guys manage to continue watching despite knowing his/their fate? After recently finishing the novel, I feel so sad for them. I really wish (and it’s highly unlikely) XL gets a better ending on screen. Idc if it breaks with his character, I desperately want some form of justice (XY clearly knows his feelings not just some open ended situation) or happiness for him (reincarnation/appearance/anything). 

Because I love their on-screen chemistry so I am savoring it while it last 😭😭😭😭 and I clearly like pain cause all my favorite shows end in tragedy. 

Mina:

Oh also, if XL and XY ended up together their ending/fate would be somewhat like her bio parent's fate. And they didn't end well...they both ended up dead... 

Mina:

It's not about the destination, but the journey is why I'm still watching it. I rarely watch something if I'm already spoiled by the ending. But somehow LYF compelled me to do otherwise. I like that it's engaging. I've already come to terms with the ending of XL. TJC is giving such a phenomenal job as XL so I don't wanna miss it ~

Mina:

LOL cause we  love pain. Nah this is actually one of my all time favorite novel  and despite knowing how it ends, I still want to see it in action and no longer just as images or pictures in my head. 

Btw, why was XY waiting for XL for seven days before her wedding announcement?

chase_kayden:

Btw, why was XY waiting for XL for seven days before her wedding announcement?

Because she wanted to marry him or at least be with him. She wanted him to come to her and give her a reason to not marry FL. It's why she's pissed he showed up to stop her wedding because she waited for him to come for seven days. And he also had the audacity to come in white similar to how she waited for him in a white dress by the sea. 

Sirry Usly:

Because she wanted to marry him or at least be with him. She wanted him to come to her and give her a reason to not marry FL. It's why she's pissed he showed up to stop her wedding because she waited for him to come for seven days. And he also had the audacity to come in white similar to how she waited for him in a white dress by the sea. 

Did she send a message to XL that she's waiting for him?

I forgot what chapter this is from, but I love the part where when she's going to buy stuff with XL and bumps into Jing and tries to make him jealous. XL gets mad and she becomes apologetic thing that XL "isn't just any man" and she shouldn't have used him like that. So, he is also important to her. 

chase_kayden:

Did she send a message to XL that she's waiting for him?

She sent a message to him telling him that she is getting married. I forgot exactly what she wrote in the message but it was enough of a clue that he should come. I'll see if I can find the chapter again and include it. 

Sirry Usly:

She sent a message to him telling him that she is getting married. I forgot exactly what she wrote in the message but it was enough of a clue that he should come. I'll see if I can find the chapter again and include it. 

I see. Do post it here if you find it. Thanks ~

I watched A Lifetime Love which tells the story of XY's parents.  It's rather sad as her father sacrificed himself to save her mother.  But, her mother never died.  She remained to look after her dead lover's grave.

Does anyone know the third part of this Book of Mountain and Seas trilogy?  Or, has it not been written by Tong Hua?