We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 nathsketch:

Who is Duan Jiaxu?

Whaaaaattttt you don’t know himmmmm our favourite Gegeeee !!?? You didn’t watch "Hidden love"?  Damnn he was my crush before LYF came out everyday unfortunately with cdrama crush comes and gooo fast bahahaha allow me to introduce him :

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGedUGGsc/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGedUXdWm/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGedUagvC/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGedU3Xvq/

I forget how boyfriend material he is https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGedUau4Q/

Badgal1995:
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGedUGGsc/

Oh! I see a little head tilt. Interesting ;)

Badgal1995:
Whaaaaattttt you don’t know himmmmm our favourite Gegeeee !!?? You didn’t watch "Hidden love"?

No, I'm not really good with modern dramas. I think the only one I finished was Love is Sweet but I got bored with it halfway. Pity because I like Luo and Bai Lu a lot.

I've been stuck in episode 15 of The Rational Life for months. I'm about to drop it. Sorry, Didi.

Badgal1995:
Damnn he was my crush before LYF came out everyday unfortunately with cdrama crush comes and gooo fast

I can't relate at all! But I envy you hahah

I was going to post this in the YaoLiu thread but it's a XY and Jing roast so I'll put it here instead:

liddi translated Tong Hua's interview and in it, Tong Hua said 

"There is no love that happens without a reason. A relationship can withstand time, various setbacks and trials precisely because the foundation is solid enough, just like Xiao Yao and Shi Qi. Only by understanding the kind of foundation their love is based on, can you understand what 'eternal yearning' is."

And look at the definition of yearning from Yale University: “Yearning is a longing for reunion with the deceased loved one, heartache about an inability to reconnect with this person. Individuals may cognitively accept the death of a loved one, but they may still pine for them and experience pangs of grief (i.e. yearning).” 

lol the foundation of YaoJing's love is based on XY settling for Jing because he's the only option left. He's the rebound. XY will always have eternal yearning for Xiang Liu, always have regret for what she said and did to Xiang Liu in their last meeting, and he will always be a shadow on YaoJing's relationship. I love that for her :)

Elise:
because the foundation is solid enough

LOL yeah solid like nails on sand hahahaha

Elise:
lol the foundation of YaoJing's love is based on XY settling for Jing because he's the only option left. He's the rebound. XY will always have eternal yearning for Xiang Liu, always have regret for what she said and did to Xiang Liu in their last meeting, and he will always be a shadow on YaoJing's relationship. I love that for her :)

That was pretty clear from the beginning and I never even read a page of that goddamned novel lololol

One of the worst things in life is to live with regret. So I concur, that's the happy ending I want for Xiao Yao. Live with that pain, bish.

Here, have some teefs :3

Elise:
I was going to post this in the YaoLiu thread but it's a XY and Jing roast so I'll put it here instead:

liddi translated Tong Hua's interview and in it, Tong Hua said

"There is no love that happens without a reason. A relationship can withstand time, various setbacks and trials precisely because the foundation is solid enough, just like Xiao Yao and Shi Qi. Only by understanding the kind of foundation their love is based on, can you understand what 'eternal yearning' is."

And look at the definition of yearning from Yale University: “Yearning is a longing for reunion with the deceased loved one, heartache about an inability to reconnect with this person. Individuals may cognitively accept the death of a loved one, but they may still pine for them and experience pangs of grief (i.e. yearning).”

Just post it over there, Elise. This little snippet is a topic of discussion over there at the moment, and your interpretation of it is just as valid as any. It gives other posters things to bounce off. If you feel that it's too much "roasting" against XiaoJing, just tweak a few words.

nathsketch:
That was pretty clear from the beginning and I never even read a page of that goddamned novel lololol

One of the worst things in life is to live with regret. So I concur, that's the happy ending I want for Xiao Yao. Live with that pain, bish.

ahahaha regret and pain for the rest of her life. I absolutely love it and yes, I'm a villain >:)

nathsketch:
Here, have some teefs :3

I haven't watched this yet. I'm hoping TJC's character at least gets a girl and gets married. Pleaseee.

Elise:

ahahaha regret and pain for the rest of her life. I absolutely love it and yes, I'm a villain >:)

I haven't watched this yet. I'm hoping TJC's character at least gets a girl and gets married. Pleaseee.

He got married but the girl looks like an ant and she’s a bit of a bish lol 

He’s also a bit evil hahaha but who cares? :D

I still have ten episodes to go.

I stumbled upon an article in Zhihu, and i feel it's interesting to share.

The article is about "The type of people who like fox vs XL"

This writer list out there's 4 types of people who likes fox.
- Likes the actor
- They genuinely like his kind personality (but can't embrace his dark side)
- Those who have insecurity issues irl (some relate to YJ due to personal trauma)
- the 4th one is... people who thinks kissing and hugging = True Love

3 types of people who likes XL:
- They are strong & independent irl
- Sentimental (people who have been in love who could only miss them in their hearts)
- They wish to be like him (his strong personality, character etc)

She explains further about fox/XL:

She pointed out words used by Tong Hua to describe fox as praising and criticizing at same time.
"Cage, dragon bone prison, puppet, tracking technique, spider web, treacherous, Yudanzi etc."

Meanwhile, our XL:
"Sea, bow and arrow, snowflakes, lotus, seashells, full moon"

----
Original article:
https://www.zhihu.com/question/619178257/answer/3265877597?utm_id=0

Honestly, I'm abit like XY, fear loneliness & people leaving but I constantly seeking improvement in myself and from my perspective, to be better is either learn to be one or learn from someone.

I like XL because I do wish to be like him, yearning to be emotionally stronger and independent.

That’s absolutely amazing and 100% accurate in my case. Xiang Liu for life!

Elise:
Only by understanding the kind of foundation their love is based on, can you understand what 'eternal yearning' is."

I can't put into words what's YaoJing's foundation is. Brain just switched off. lol

nathsketch:

AGREE. 

Elise:

SAME. The thing that helps me remember that none of this is real and to make me not feel too sad is to watch BTS funny moments with TJC.

Xiang Liu killing flies with an electric fly swatter lol. That's one of his outfits for season 2. That black outfit is what he wore when he gave XY that forehead kiss (in the novel).

Can Xiang Liu cook too? xD

lol he can't chop the wood

adorable

How have I never seen these clips before?? 4 days ago, lol

MySiFeng:
3 types of people who likes XL:
- They are strong & independent irl
- Sentimental (people who have been in love who could only miss them in their hearts)
- They wish to be like him (his strong personality, character etc)

Hmmm.  Not sure about those generalizations for both groups, though I can relate to all three of those for XL fans.  I think we need to add, "OMG gorgeous silver haired sea demon!"  Of course if you ask Jingers, they have other really ugly traits they like to assign to XL fans.  ugh.

I've had personal experience with people similar to Jing and XL/FFB, so it's no wonder why I choose to be an XL / FFB fan.

sjko01:
How have I never seen these clips before?? 4 days ago, lol

Oh I STAY behind on the posting.  There's so much I haven't answered or have missed. :(

Kokuto:

Oh I STAY behind on the posting.  There's so much I haven't answered or have missed. :(

Oh yeah, there's too much to keep up with! But with a free hour I can skip backwards and find all the beautiful gifs lol

So, I was looking up what Yudanzi meant, and found this Fox roasting article which mentioned Yudanzi.  But it also talked about the sexual tension between XY and XL:

The reason why Xiang Liu's love is so advanced is that it has sexual tension throughout. Blood sucking, eye pulling, body contact, every frame is discharging. Then as a control group, when Tu Shanjing and the heroine are in the same frame, not only is there a lack of sexual tension, but also a strong feeling of mother-child affection. Especially the male second leaned on the female lead's body many times, with a weak look, and a proper sense of mother and child. The male second has been looking for masculine dignity in the heroine, but Xiang Liu never needs to find masculinity in the heroine. He is a hydra full of sexual tension

https://inf.news/en/entertainment/bf0c1b7ea4c4233eb721bc597ecaa1af.html

I'm really amazed that no one has called Xiang Liu a "Hydra of Sexual Tension" before.  I mean, it was writhing RIGHT THERE.  lol

Also, bonus points for 'eye pulling.' :)