Hessa Volunteer Staff
@VioletSakura
I'm not talking about his exile or abandonment.
What I'm saying is that maybe the "prophecy" about Wang So was real or it is a common story Koreans conjured about Wang So. That why he was always labeled as cursed and feared by his family in both shows.
Of course, I searched but did not find anything about it, and it might be just a folktale or a coincidence. I find it really weird that both shows labeled Wang So as cursed if that did not have a shared of truth.

(I falsely assume that this was the case, since Shine or Go Crazy, which talks about the same character, had the same family hatred toward Wang So. But after reading about it, this did not really happen and it is just a weird coincidence. Now, I believe that Wang So reminding her of her own guilt about how she scared her own son's face.)
@Hessa, neither there is anything about a curse and prophecy mentioned anywhere... well, of course, the language barrier works its evil work, as, when I read about him in Wikipedia and turn the page to the Korean article, then traslate it through Google translate, I am still guessing half the text. But again, nothing about exile, prophecy or that he was unloved in the family. Quite opposite, actually, it says, because of his bold personality he was quite loved by the king (though I couldn't decifer anything about the Queen) :P
Hessa Volunteer Staff
@VioletSakura
That is what I said. I did search as I said in my previous comment. It might just have been a folktale or it is a weird coincidence that both shows depicted that.
@Hessa, yes, you did, I am not claiming you did not say that, I am just making a conversation and telling what I found during my research :)
I think it is safe to assume that the 'curse' thing was a dramatic invention for Shine Or Go Crazy, as no real historical proof exists. Also, it was not in Moon Lovers at all. He was never under a curse here. Can I suggest we leave out examples of Shine Or Crazy in this discussion? It is a separate drama altogether and just makes the discussion we are having about Moon Lovers very confusing. Just because things happened in that drama does not mean they really actually happened in history nor that they happened in Moon Lovers.
Hessa Volunteer Staff
@CherryBunny
"Also, it was not in Moon Lovers at all. He was never under a curse here."
He was not under a curse. We never said that. It is just that I remember his mother telling him he is misfortunate/cursed or something like that. I'm just trying to figure out why she hates him. Is it just guilt that made her hate him this much or there is another thing that triggered her to hate him?

"It is a separate drama altogether"
I know it is different, but both talk about Wang So. Also, I never watched Shine Or Go Crazy, I was just stating the hypothesis about why Wang So is hated by his family in both shows.

"Just because things happened in that drama does not mean they really actually happened in history nor that they happened in Moon Lovers"
We know it did not happen, we are just discussing why in both shows portray that the royal family did not like Wang So. Also, I stated that it might be a weird coincidence and I did my research and know fully well that it did not happen. There is no harm is stating a theory.

Also, the main question as asked by Hanah, "Why does Queen Yoo (QY) hate Wang So so much?". That is what we are trying to discuss, here.
Yikes, I feel like a pulled a Hae Soo lol. Thanks to everyone for their help and insight in answering my question about Queen Yoo's hatred!

And thanks @CherryBunny for my question on Ji Mong. That's such a smart answer, I was kicking myself for not thinking of that myself lol.  
@Hessa- I am sorry if I sounded like I was attacking you or anything about Shine Or Crazy. :p I was not intending that at all. I just think that using it as an example too explain the plot in Moon Lovers was inappropriate since it was a completely different drama and plot, even if did feature the same historical people as characters. It was making things a little confusing is all. *hug*
About Ji Mong. He was person who died in past, his soul vent into future and came back. He never claimed to be person from future but peron who saw future.
Still we saw his future self in two times to be alive and kicking...or ...erm lets say just alive.

Hae Soo dies in future ( ok almost dies) her soul comes to past into body of girl who died there. Later we get to know that her body in future was in coma aka souless. When she dies in past her soul comes back to future incarnation of Hae Soo who is distant decendant of her from past, like we get to know in the end.

We dont get to know what happened to that poor beggar future Ji Mong but in changed future he is changed man, educated and clean....and seems same way knowing something about main heroine like Ji Mong in past about Hae Soo. Is it trick what creators play with us or not...who knows....but...
Yes, here comes famous "but" part.
There is first adaptation of this novel what has same characters and same core story. There is too one person more from future.

It is funny story with Moonlovers SHR - from one side it is part of novel and two Chinese adaptations and from other side it is part of drama about same era and characters about korean history. Makers of Moonlovers seems to be familiar with all of them and use elements in their creation. And they do it well, outcome is splendid and well balanced coctail.

About Wang Soo exile I vaguely remember reading something....it wasnt exile it was more being hostage thing, like it was mentionedin in drama, in past it was very common among neighour countries to marry daughters into other country to create ties and peace or demand/give sons to be "adopted" aka hostages. Later history it happened a lot....I need search and reread about it, just now I dont trust mine memory well.
is it really true there are still more 2 special episodes?

an awesome drama but ....T_T (my heart)
I have not heard anything about extra special episodes but I sincerely would love that!
There is 2 specials what already aired, so there isn't more coming.

There are some rumors that fans plan petition for Blue-ray release with all cut off scenes from both versions and cut off scenes what didn't aired.
We could call it third, Complete version. But does they succeed only time shows.

EDIT: seems that i might be wrong. I saw post in comments that there is one special more coming. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CharityRich 4 hours ago
Hey guys SHR special episode is in 5 days!!! Just go to dramafever and you will see it 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*peeks in* 

@CherryBunny You probably sounded like you were attacking because of your display picture hehe. That pic scares me lol.

Anyways, I also wondered why Queen Yo hated So so much. It was something that bothered me a lot while watching this drama, because I could not understand it at all in the beginning. I enjoyed reading all the points about that here. :) You guys are all so very opinionated and go to such lengths to find facts/reasons. (And then there's me, who barely has time to complete the drama itself let alone search for stuff. xD)
Hessa Volunteer Staff
@CherryBunny
It's okay, I was not offended. 
in lee junki´s last Instagram update, he posted the last scene video when he said i will find u whenever  ect... and then he wrote soon °_°
 i have still hope _/\_