Thanks so much Mis!

Also, does anyone know of detailed episode summary from NIF fandom wiki?

These have been extremely helpful in offering subtle notes. Whoever did them sadly stopped after Episode 6 :(

Poia:

I suspect he has people working for him in the city, like the old man who worked for his family when he was younger. So he probably received tips on the affairs happening in that house back at the time and went there to investigate around with the excuse of finding a house. But this doesn’t explain the luck of casually came across the body in the water well. 

so far the plot is very convenient toward the ML, like in express ki it was for FL. This is why I don’t like historical when they are so fictional. I hope they will explain his move better or his “super brain” will be out shadow by his luck. 

I think most of the time the plot goes in his favour cause he has connections and spies all over the place. And a powerful backing from the Jianghu. Heck, he watched and learnt about everyone for over 12 years.  He also messes up during one of his major plans and just sort of goes with the flow. Half the time, his actions are based on certain people's nature. 

Eg: He never pushed his luck with someone like Qin Banruo for almost half of the drama and had to actually test her waters before making a move. The only people he went for were powerful ones who completely depended on their influence to get away with stuff. But, he still hasn't gone for Xia Jiang as of episode 28. 

He knew the court too well prior to his new identity. Thats what gives him the biggest advantage. He knew whom to attack and what to lose. 

• Meng - REWATCH
  • Kate - 2ND TRY
  • Minarii - COMPLETED
  • Poia - 2ND TRY
  • Momochan - disappeared
  • Misunderstood - REWATCH
  • Toxicbybritneyspears - COMPLETED
  • Yunewi Meng - REWATCH
  • Fatema - disappeared
  • Estell - REWATCH
  • Yoondahyeon - 3ND TRY
  • Ur mom - disappeared
  • Zero tsu - REWATCH
  • Thousand Paper Cranes - REWATCH
  • PeachBlossomgoddess - REWATCH
  • Staccie - disappeared 
  • Vayvanvalaris - COMPLETED

Since most of you didn't answer my question I was forced to spy on you, and it turned out that this group watch became the "re-watch group". LOL

Most of you have already completed the drama and / or is doing a rewatch, so I guess we can go faster. From now on you can watch at your own pace, please state the episodes you are talking about when posting and use spoiler. 

iamconqueror:
He knew the court too well prior to his new identity. Thats what gives him the biggest advantage. He knew whom to attack and what to lose. 

I agree on this, but I still find it very convenient, you can know how a person will act only to a certain extension, most of the time his moves make him look almost like a seer. 

Poia:
  • Meng - REWATCH
  • Kate - 2ND TRY
  • Minarii - COMPLETED
  • Poia - 2ND TRY
  • Momochan - disappeared
  • Misunderstood - REWATCH
  • Toxicbybritneyspears - COMPLETED
  • Yunewi Meng - REWATCH
  • Fatema - disappeared
  • Estell - REWATCH
  • Yoondahyeon - 3ND TRY
  • Ur mom - disappeared
  • Zero tsu - REWATCH
  • Thousand Paper Cranes - REWATCH
  • PeachBlossomgoddess - REWATCH
  • Staccie - disappeared 
  • Vayvanvalaris - COMPLETED

Since most of you didn't answer my question I was forced to spy on you, and it turned out that this group watch became the "re-watch group". LOL

Most of you have already completed the drama and / or is doing a rewatch, so I guess we can go faster. From now on you can watch at your own pace, please state the episodes you are talking about when posting and use spoiler. 

hahaha I'm sorry I didn't even see your question, I need to get back on this, the last few days have been hectic :)) I'm still on ep. 8 woohoo

Around Episode 15

The story is following a very predictable and boring pattern. Using political maneuvers he eliminates the allies of Prince Yu and Crown Prince. At the same time he covers the free positions with people who favor his candidate, the unfavored prince. 

I am trying really hard to get what’s so great about this drama, but so far it didn’t show me anything new in dramaland. We have a super smart ML who easily maneuvers the court, in part cause he is smart, but in part cause everything casually favored him and his enemies are stupid like hell. The whole situation remind me a lot lady Ki on Empress Ki, but at least there her enemies weren’t so stupid.  

Sorry not sorry, but you can’t whorship a ML when his greatness is not due to his actions but it’s basically granted by the writer. The result is that I am not surprised by anything cause I already know that ML will win despite the situation he is in. 

The rest of the story is plain boring, it’s all political and rarely we are granted with a piece of intel about the past, the only interesting thing, and the only thing I am still watching for.

what I want to know is what happened in the past, why it happened, how he survived and became who he is now and what kind of revenge he wants. And I want to know it now!!! After that he can proceed to sly them all. That’s what I like. Stop talking and more actions!!! If I want to read I’d buy a book! 

So far my rate is around 5 

I am stuck at 12. Just can't seem to rewatch it. Its one of the saddest episodes of this drama for me. I will try again this weekend...

I am the only one who is still watching this? You all traitors! Left me alone to suffer! LOL

Poia:

I am the only one who is still watching this? You all traitors! Left me alone to suffer! LOL

hahaha I think we all got a bit stuck, I'm going to do a bit of a marathon today though ahhhh; where are you at??

Thousand_Paper_Cranes:

hahaha I think we all got a bit stuck, I'm going to do a bit of a marathon today though ahhhh; where are you at??

Almost done, around 45 ;) 

I'm a bit behind. I'm also thinking of going back and finish recapping past episodes, but like sparknotes version.

Really sorry, I'm also behind, still on episode 4 (both on watching & recapping). I'll catch up with marathoning most of the rest probably -- but sadly, don't expect more recaps/extended reviews/comments like previously (though I may upload the rest of what I've already written, up to ep 4). All these new dramas derailed me sorry, and now from last week on real life won't leave me much time for dramas anyway (never mind writing anything)!! :(

I plan to continue as well - I was a bit down I had to check out for abit but I am almost back to myself again so will soldier on. 

Lol. I plan to re-watch it soon ._.

How does she know he has a mole there?

Did they ahem.... misbehave when he was still LIn Shu??? Geez I really, really hope so!!!