Can someone recommend me some historical dramas that are not Xianxia/Wuxia etc? I don't like the flying. I prefer real history. Dramas like three kingdoms or Yanxi palace, grounded in real history. I don't mind fighting or martial art so long as it is real history, but I don't like fantasy or wuxia kind of martial arts which is unrealistic in our world. Thanks.

Some of these are heavier and others are lighter, but all have no fantasy or wuxia elements:

Thanks, that is helpful.

The Story of Ming Lan  is one I can think fits.  I also second the Battle of Changsha it's amazing.

RSB:

Decreed by Fate

Dreaming Back to the Qing Dynasty

Any Republican era chinese drama would fit this (such as City of Streamers, Maid's Revenge, Circle of Love)

I would add Fall in Love (2021) to this list of Republican era dramas that are worth a watch. I also really loved Maid's Revenge (it's a mess in the very best ways.)

I loved Maid's Revenge too despite all the red flag behaviors of the ML hahaha

Ripe Town was a really good grounded historical thriller 

chongjasmine:
Can someone recommend me some historical dramas that are not Xianxia/Wuxia etc? I don't like the flying. I prefer real history. Dramas like three kingdoms or Yanxi palace, grounded in real history. I don't mind fighting or martial art so long as it is real history, but I don't like fantasy or wuxia kind of martial arts which is unrealistic in our world.

* iirc there are some minor gravity-defying moments.

** The premise is that the story is being written by a writer in modern times, who kills her lead female character and then gives her a second chance / do-over. There are no other fantasy elements. 

Chinese republican era:

Korean: