Hello my fellow MyDramaList-ers! ^^

I'm Sia. I wouldn't say I am in a Drama Slump per-say, but I think I might be teetering right on the edge of one. Anyway, I am hoping you can help me choose a drama that will really grab my attention and make me wanna go on a full drama-thon. : D I am not exactly picky when it comes to genre, though I do have a tendency to lean more toward romance than others, I pretty much go the full scope. Everything from Detective, to RomCom, to Inspiring Teacher, to Historical or even Melodrama. I am also comfortable with all the dramaland nations. (ie. C-drama; T-Drama; K-Drama; J-Drama) The only one I have yet to try is a Thai Drama, but that is mostly due to a lack of knowing where to start.

I have a CRAP TON of shows on my Plan to Watch List, however because I have so many I found myself at a loss as to where to start looking within it or even merely narrow it down. Feel free to recommend off of my PtW List. Though I'm also more than willing to find something completely new. (Note: the list below states my preferences, these are not iron-clad must haves.)

My general preferences this time around are:

• Chemistry between the main leads. Be that bromance, romance or any other mance's. LOL.
  • Character growth within the protagonist(s). I don't want them to be the same person at the end of the drama as they were when the drama started. After experiencing the heartbreak, struggles, illnesses, family drama, or whatever else the scriptwriter decided to throw at them, there should be some noticeable change within them as a character. Whether a good character gets their hands dirty or a bad guy cleans up a bit doesn't matter.
  • I want closure. If there is romance, then I would prefer not to have the female lead wind up not choosing the male lead or vice versa by the end of the drama. Ambiguous endings drive me up the wall! (Example of a major offender: Shine or Go Crazy)
  • No drawn out beginning. I want to jump right into things and be hooked from the start. I'm not really in the mood for a slow introduction. (ie. Can You Hear My Heart with its first four episodes made up entirely of backstory) I have enjoyed such dramas before, but do not want to have it this time around please.
  • The struggles the characters face should not be recycled over and over again. Once a problem is resolved, I would prefer not to have it then rehashed several more times. Having a character continuously struggling with the issue/problem is one thing, but to have the character seemingly move past the issue then two episodes later have them face it once more as if it was the first time all over again is off-putting. It's only natural the character would handle the problem differently or have a different perspective of the issue the second time around.
  • Nothing supernatural. I have seen too many shows with Vampires, Ghosts, Guardian Angels and whatnot recently. I'm pretty supernatural-ed out.

Genres with my favorite shows from them:

Inspiring Teacher: GTO (1998)
Romance: MARS
Detective: Sennyuu Tantei Tokage or Remote
Feel Good: Good Doctor
Bromance: Nobuta Wo Produce
Manga Adaptation: MARS
Contract Couple: Fated to Love You
Age Difference: Kyou-wa Kaisha Yasumimasu
I totally recommend Boss and Me. It's romantic with great chemistry between the leads, no drawn out beginning, a lot of character growth, etc. Basically, it fits all your criteria. (^_^)
Boss & Me is a total feel good romance that I recommend too. Also...

Ouroboros is a great mystery/revenge Japanese drama with a solid bromance, but it is very tragic.

It's Okay, That's Love is probably my favorite Korean romance from the past few years, with a great OST.

Bad Guys is a Korean action/thriller that is only 11 episodes that has me glued to the screen.
Married Not Dating
Rich Man Poor Woman
Hotaru no Hikari
I am having a bit of a drama slump myself these days as I am very picky on quality! However, I recommend Falling for Innocence! It's got it all-excellent romantic chemistry between the two leads, growth of character etc. I find myself watching and re-watching this drama which is something I'm not prone to doing..
Bromance: Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Teaching: Dragon Zakura
Crime/Detective: Ouroboros
Feel Good: Bad Family, Dr Kang
Manga adaptation: Nodame Cantabile, Itazura Na Kiss
Contract Couple: Goong
Age difference: I love Lee Tae Ri, Spring Days of my Life

I would recommend it's okay that's love!  =)
there's a new thai drama on at the moment called 'ugly duckling: perfect match', the leads have really good chemistry.

other dramas i would recommend are :
Sprout - it's one of my top 5 favourite japanese dramas
modern farmer - a cute light Kdrama with a hilarious cast
In time with you - one of my fav Taiwanese drama

Thank you so much to everyone for the responses. I really appreciate the help. You guys are awesome! Now, I think I am going to start said binge-fest with "It's Okay, That's Love". Thank you again!! <3