Hi guys~
This is my first post/thread ever (haven't used the forums up until now lol), so if I make any mistakes, please forgive me! I've been combing through the discussion threads but I haven't found anything that I want to watch, so I'm just going to ask... ^_^ Ah yes and in case in my commentary I reveal anything about the plot(though I tried hard not to)... POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT, READ AT OWN RISK 

Anyways, I'm looking for a new drama to watch. I don't know where to start. I just finished Legend of Ban Shu and now that I have, I feel like my life is meaningless/over because I spent two days watching that 42 episode drama. I stayed up to 10:30 am watching it -.-; (yes. 10:30AM. Technically, the next day)

I am sucker (note: sucker) for:
- cold male leads that are actually really kind 
- male leads that have lost their girlfriend/fiancee/wife and can't move on 
- rich male leads 
- girl can be naive or smart. (either one works)
- ancient dramas (there is just something about the clothing, the architecture...)

It's not mandatory to find a drama that fits the three bullet points of male leads I am a sucker for, but preferably at least one?

I wouldn't say that I've watched a lot of dramas (you are welcome to look through my list), but I have watch a few that I have loved/liked and I will post them here

C-dramas
Legend of Ban Shu (just finished this less than 24 hours ago. I love this drama for how funny/interesting it is and the male lead did lose his fiancee... plus I am a sucker for ancient chinese dramas. The clothing, styles and architecture is just beautiful! ^_^)
Cuo Dian Yuan Yang (didn't like the main male characters physically at first sight, but they grew on me and I liked the plotish. Even if the main fem. lead made me bang my head several times)
Scarlet Heart (so...many.....guys. 'nuff said. hahaha. JK. Once again, clothing and architecture. Design. Romance. Guys. Guys. Guys.)
Cruel Romance (Loved the protectiveness of the male lead and how far he was willing to go. Female lead irritated me a bit but yeaaa.)
Lady and Liar (Hawick Lau. I've watched so many dramas up until now with Hawick but I never really cared for him. Until this drama. He plays a beautiful leader/boss. Protective over girl. Loves her.)
Sound of the Desert (I have to say I am very disappointed with the ending, I thought it'd be better but it wasn't. Still decent. My pair I wanted was together... Love the costumes of course and yeah :/)
Prince of Lan Ling (up until the end, I loved it. Of course we all know the story of the Prince of Lan Ling so the ending wasn't a surprise but it still broke my heart)
The Journey of a Flower (did I mention I watched the ending 3 times and cried all 3 times? The story and plot was beautiful. the sacrifices that are made...i love the supernatural side to this.)
Jade Palace Lock Heart 1 and 2 (watched both, glad for ending. Smile :))
Naughty Princess (this drama...had me confused 75% of the time. I had no clue what was going on (lack of subs at time and also i think the place I was watching it at had cut the video or something, leaving out important parts) but from what I did learn/know of this drama, I liked. Cold prince. TIME TRAVEL. TIME TRAVEL. TIME TRAVEL.)
My Amazing Bride (the guy was an idiot, but he just made the story all the more interesting. Family/murder/ish drama. Romance is there of course. Smart, cunning main female lead)

K-dramas
King Gwanggaeto the Great (okay, so it's not as romancy but I love the war/scheming/plotting and the pride that you feel when the side you root for wins.... Literally watched this like 4,5 times)
Pasta (chef. chef. chef. To this day when I think of this drama, all I can think of is the main female calling/saying "chef".)
Sungkyunkwan Scandal (girl as a guy? sharing a room with a guy/guys? 
Strongest Chil Woo (vigilantes? 3 dudes? Strong? Connections? helping the weak? I'm in!)
Sweet Spy (My introduction to the drama world. Dennis Oh. I love the whole spy-plot thing and our cute little cop (Koala). rich guy. cold at first. hmmm yup.)
You're Beautiful (love A.N.JELL and Jang Geun Suk. Loved the music. Love the gender-bender.)
Three Dads One Mom (OMG. Three guys. I just love how funny it is. They all have to help take care of a little girl/child. And they have no experiences. so its all firsts for them. Some of the things that they do, some of the things that they imagine, etc is so funny! ^_^.)
The Master's Sun (spirits. girl. :))
Jewel in the Palace (cooking. medicine. Amazingly smart girl.lotsa plotting.)

Thai-dramas
Sixth Sense 1 and 2 (so many guys...so many girls. Kinda faith/religious-ish, but I liked the whole spirit/ghost thing and the moral lessons that were taught. Don't be greedy. Don't murder others. Don't accumulate karmic debt. Usual stuff. haha)
Leh Ratree (guy was cold at first but girl grows on him and she's just ridiculously funny. Their interactions just made me laugh.)
Cubic (rude, brash guy. Mafia/gangsters. smart girl. (potentially) dangerous activities. Yup.)
Roy Marn (tomboyish girl marries cousin's fiance when cousin disappears. Girl and main male clash but fall in love. Loved when girl brought out a yard/garden trimmer/tool-thing to threaten if the guy ever came close to her since they shared a room).
3 Noom Nuer Tong (love how three different guys with three different personalities are friends and yet they each find someone that compliments them)
Taiwanese Dramas
Love Around (George Hu. George Hu. George Hu.)
Love Cheque Around (George Hu. George Hu. George Hu.)
Love, Now (George Hu. George Hu. George Hu. JK. I just really love George Hu (if you can't already tell) and the plots. Just real light and fluffy for me.)
Easy Fortune Happy Life (typical love story. Country bumpkin warms the heart of city dwellers that have been sucked into a world of greed.)
Ti Amo Chocolate (started off like Coffee Prince but then kinda started focusing on the other couple. WHICH HAS AN AGE GAP (i like older guys. Not so much a fan of the older female with a younger guy, but I'm fine with it). the [young] girl annoyed me. But the guy is a guy who puts people he cares for before himself and yea XD)
Two Fathers (two guys attempt to raise one little girl. No, they're not gay. They had the same girlfriend (two-timer!) who got pregnant, gave birth and disappeared. And they both want the kid so they could only compromise that they both raise the kid. Both eventually find their own love interests and each have their own quirks about them.)
Down With Love (cold lawyer, 2 devious kids. :))

J-dramas
Lunch Queen (food. guys. restaurant. family.)
Ghost Friends (love the story. love the ghosts. Sad ending.)
I didn't list all the dramas i've watch here of course (148 of them = too much for me). I would really appreciate some dramas to watch. I am a sucker for the male leads as said above but for also plots where girl falls for guy that lost his gf/fiancee and she stays by his side until she can't bear it anymore and just leaves because she's heartbroken and then he "chases" after her? I mean in a sense Legend of Banshu was that...
I've also watched many wuxias but most wuxias don't end that well and I like happy endings so I'm not going to list them.
But anyhow, yeah XD
TY guys! ^_^  (and I apologize if I made any mistakes here)
Okay so take this recommendation with a grain of salt (considering I've only watched 1/2 of the drama so far....

BUT

It sounds like you might like Innocent Man (kdrama)? The main guy is stuck on his old love, like super stuck....where he was willing to go to prison for her, but she betrayed him and now he is taking revenge on her (by using her step-daughter). 

And he's pretty much the dictionary definition of cold. 
Well it seems like I am recommending this a lot lately......but if you want a cold lead, that you fall in love with....Falling For Innocence.  One of my favorite shows ever in terms of acting, and overall atmosphere.

Rich Man, Poor Woman........need I say more?

Faith (ancient drama/has some supernatural elements).....male lead fills two of the bullets.

Innocent man as recommended above is also good for the things you are looking for, and was overall a good series imo.

Ahh, one more to throw out is Secret.

I can probably list more, but those should keep you busy~

You should definitely give Battle of Changsha a try. It fits almost all of your criterias except for the one with the loss of the beloved woman, but besides it's sooo good. Wallace Huos character is marvellous in there.
I definitely recommend, Innocent Man and Secret. I freakin' adored secret. 

They fit the requirements of: 
- cold male leads that are actually really kind.
- male leads that have lost their girlfriend/fiancee/wife and can't move on 
- rich male leads 
- girl can be naive or smart. (either one works)
I was really amazed after reading the things you loved that you haven´t watched ''Secret'' yet :o
I see someone else recommended it too ^.^
I also second ''innocent man'' and ''full house'' (thai version)

you could also try out Hana Yori Dango as you liked BOF

I defenitely recommend ''The Princess Man''
The dude is quite rich, he is friendly at first (though a bit overly-confident), but turns cold later (I won't spoil you why)

-----
also this doesn't really have anything to do with recommending but since you mentioned ''ghost friends'' I wanna ask; does it have any romance?

Ok, I got some for you :)

C-dramas
- Legend of Fragrance (the male lead isn't cold or anything but he's really cute/smart, beautiful setting and costume, half ancient I guess)
- Legend of LuZhen (really smart female lead, male lead is powerful, good love story )
- Swords of Legends (cold/powerful male lead with a sad fate, the friendship/brother relationships are wonderful)
- The Four (cold male lead, powerful)
- Boss and me (cold/rich CEO :) )
- The Whirlwind girl (the male lead is cold, not rich though, centred on taewondo)

K-dramas
- Bride of the century (cold,mean CEO with a kind heart, has a little bit of supernatural factors but not strong)
- Falling for innocence (male lead started off mean but after a change of heart he changed)
- Mask (cold male lead, the whole drama is really melo and heavy though)
- Scholar that walks the night (vampire story, cold male lead, lost love, ancient, yea its all there)
- Secret garden (rich ceo, smart girl i guess)
- You who came from the stars (Cold/rich male lead, eccentric girl, supernatural)
- Blood (vampire, medical, cold male lead with a sad story)

T-dramas (usually t-dramas would fit at least one of ur points but I'll just name the ones I really liked and recommend)
- Autumn's concerto (classic t-drama a must watch, cold/rich male lead, complicated love story)
- Prince turns to Frog (another classic, really old but super good, cold/rich CEO, memory loss, ex-lover, one of favourites, high recommend)
- My lucky star (rich son of a jewellery empire, con artist and their love story, i loved the symbolism in this drama, highly recommend)
- Smiling pasta (really old as well, cold male lead with a ex-lover who doesn't love him)
- Just you (Cold/rich CEO)
- Love keeps going (cold male lead with an ex-lover, rich i guess as well)
- Fondant garden (rich son of company, about sweets, cute love story)

Well, I don't know if you're still interested, but here's a few suggestions (sorry if there's repeats by the the way): 

K-Dramas:
-I Remember You (or Hello, Monster) [the couple is so cute together! and it's definitely the cold main hot guy with the romance in the air] 
-Dr. Frost (not really a romance type, but there is a cold guy in there where he literally does not know how to feel emotions due to an accident but this girl comes along and warms him up) 
-Birth of a Beauty (this is pretty good, since the guy character fits your category and it's funny because he freaks out a little when he realizes that he fell in love with the girl lol ) 
-Mrs. Cop (definitely not the cold male character but it's still an awesome drama so i just decided to throw it in here anyways~) 
-Prime Minister and I (this is okay actually, but I liked this drama was despite of cold male lead being the Prime Minister, he has kids. And THEY ARE SO CUTE AND IT JUST WARMS ME UP WHEN I SEE THOSE KIDS OPEN UP TO THE GIRL)

C-Dramas
-Love Me if You Dare (definitely it and besides having the cold male lead fall in love with the girl, it's also a criminal profiling drama too so if you're interested that too, then it's a plus! Oh, and it's still airing right now [12 episodes but 24 total] ) 

J-Drama
-Tokyo DOGS- (it's a cop drama and there's actually two guys, one warm and one cold with the girl in the middle. It's good and there's also hilarious scenes in it too so that's also a plus~) 
"Secret", as others mentioned, came to mind immediately. The only thing is that it isn't "ancient".

Do you mind watching an Indian drama? Its the most popular one "Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon" fits your list with a rich cold handsome male lead who is actually very kind but cold to the female lead who is naive and bubbly .. the chemistry is amazing .. it will give you all sorts of emotions.. its long as indian dramas usually are but sure as heck you won't regret watching it.. p.s. it has amazing music

Love O2O - Not in history but the male lead is really cold but really kind to the female lead, make lead is rich and they female lead is smart -takes place in college but there's no like college drama if you know what I mean...

Hi 

I would definitely second, Secret, Innocent Man and Princess' Man.

Here are some more that you may like ...

1. 9 End 2 Outs - modern but guy is still into his ex. They are housemates for a while ....
  2. Fated to love you - melodrama 
  3.  Apple in your eye - Taiwan, melo
  4. Coffee Prince - dramedy
  5. Bad Guy - melo
  6. Cunning Single Lady - dramedy
  7. Heart to Heart - dramedy
  8. Discovery of Romance - dramedy
  9. Jealousy Incarnate - dramedy
  10. Lie to me - dramedy
  11. Marriage not Dating - dramedy
  12. My Lovely Sam Soon - melo 
  13. Oh My Ghostess - dramedy
  14. Personal Taste - dramedy
  15. The Greatest Love - dramedy
  16. Que Sera Sera -drama
  17. The King's Daughter Soo Baek Hyang - historical
  18. Jang Ok Jung (highly underated) - historical

All of the above tick some of your boxes I hope and since you seem to like period dramas I would also recommend; - Queen Seon Deok and Empress Ki. 

Enjoy.